The Moaning Thread!

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
For all those moans and complaints not serious enough for Conquering Challenges, because I'd cringe to see "I got a bad grade!" next to "How to deal with my diagnosis?".

Like so:

Pretty pissed at my vet. And usually I'm really happy with their service and how they handle my pets. But there is crap that doesn't need to go down like this right here.

They told me I could get my bulldog's prescriptions via e-mail, and so I requested one. Promptly got one, too. Great, I think. I look, and it lacks a stamp and signature, so I ask them if that's valid at all. No reply, so I print it and take it to the pharmacy. I mean, a chain of vet clinics with a hundred vets employed, gotta know what they're doing, right?

Wrong.

Invalid.

So I call them on the spot and ask them to fax a signed and stamped prescription to the pharmacy as my Marie NEEDS HER MEDS. A minute later, the vet's office calls back, their fax doesn't work. Wonderful. Their fault, my problem? Weird... I never quite got to wrap my head around this concept of somebody else's error becoming another person's problem when they had done nothing to contribute to it. It's like someone failing not to drink to excess, and the owner of the other car has to repair it out their own pocket. To me, it is not understandable.

So I ask her to email me a signed version. Can't, she says, because you cannot sign and stamp PDFs on the computer. YEAH WELL, PRINT, SIGN, AND SCAN IT!? And YES you can stamp things digitally, make a damned transparent PNG of your stamp and copypaste it onto the prescription in Photoshop! Oh, but she dunno how to scan stuff. But I'm welcome to drop by. That's a freaking 90 minute trip, and in pouring rain and thunder. Oh, and I work and all that, you know, other things to do than waste hours fixing other peoples' errors THEY could fix in 5 minutes flat.
They're vets. They're supposed to help me maintain the health of my pet, as I pay them to. See, now my Marie is sick because she's off her steroids. Because people in 2015 don't know how to use a scanner in their own office. That's like me not knowing how to use a register, except, what do you know - I DO!

Why the hell would they offer to email prescriptions anyway, when this is how it goes down??? See, this is why people illegally grow their own medicinal marijuana. Because doctors can't be trusted to get things done.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your vet can't just phone the order in to the pharmacy and sort the paperwork later?

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Your vet can't just phone the order in to the pharmacy and sort the paperwork later?

I asked the pharmacist that, but she said she can't give out anything without having the valid prescription in her hands. Can't blame her, and she seemed new, too. When you're new, you can't afford to bend the rules. I'll call them to see if their fax works today, and have them fax it to my work. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to drag myself there.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Is the vet's office located adjacent to other businesses? They can print, sign, stamp, whatever, and go next door and ask to borrow the fax for a medical thing.

Or perhaps your vet knows a vet nearer your location/work, and your vet could just call that vet and ask her to just write out a prescription for you as a courtesy, as it's their practice's fax/computer that doesn't work and the trip is so long.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Most mobiles have cameras now. The vet could take a picture of the stamped prescription, and send you the photo via mobile internet email. There would be someone in her clinic who has a mobile that can take pic of the prescription.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I like this thread!

I am sorry about all this trouble. I hope Marie feels better soon!

I woke up this morning to find my brother had finished off the last of the coffee. I felt homicidal and ready to commit fratricide.

I was really angry! I love coffee and my brother knows it was my coffee. In the tradition of younger siblings, I believe he did it on purpose to annoy me aka the eldest and Alpha sibling.

My daughter politely informed me this was first world problem nonsense and to get a hold of myself. She went off to school, while my brother had a disgusting smirk on his face.

I am admitting to you all that I struck him repeatedly with a spatula. It was childish and unbecoming for a grown woman.

It felt damned good.

He finally went and bought me some more Folgers Black Silk and Starbucks Vanilla. I am still a bit mad, though.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He stole your COFFEE????

He got off light.

Never mess with a woman's coffee.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Chalk one up to the unfairness of the meds and the incompetence of a vet and their assistants in the 20th century.

I've been sick for 6 weeks... it started initially with a flu and a cough that took about 2 weeks to go down... then it reared up again with flu #2 that lasted longer and the couch kicked up. Immediately, with the second fever I went to my GP, got some meds, took time off work... meds don't work.. go back and get a steroid inhaler... cough won't stop, go back get some antibiotics... cough still doesn't stop, antibiotics aren't strong enough, go back for another... and after playing with my neices on Easter who were sick with the cold, I tacked that on top just for good measure.

So by week 4, still seeing my GP every other day pretty much... get some codeine to help control the cough and an anti-inflammatory cream, because--joy of all joys--I've strained a muscle in/around my ribs from coughing so much. Now it's excrutiating everytime I cough, which, thankfully, is slowly calming down.

But tuesday I had a coughing fit at work to the point of tears, caused a rukus and drawn unnecessary attention to myself in the bathroom.... our in-house doctor at the office suggested I try another inhaler--which I did--and proceeded to expell all this phlegm from my lungs. Gross. He's fascinated. "Judging from that colour, you're got walking pnuemonia... or smoker's lungs." I don't smoke...

Finally, 6 weeks in, my chest/rib pain is winding down--still excrutiating whenever I cough--but the veritable cocktail of codeine, inhalers, and antibiotics with the occassional cough suppressant (useless!) and Neocitran has helped the days blend seemlessly into one trashy day-time TV/nap until 6pm episode.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! You understand, Kylabelle!

How am I to write and function as a normal human being without the nectar of life?

Oh, yeah.

I make sure everyone knows that my coffee is sacred, off-limits, not to be interfered with ever by anyone.

They wouldn't dare....

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I burnt my thumb. I knew I was going to burn myself if I didn't wear my fire-gloves, but I was stupid and I burnt my thumb.

It serves me right. :cry:

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I am admitting to you all that I struck him repeatedly with a spatula. It was childish and unbecoming for a grown woman.

It felt damned good.

"Becoming" and "Mature" are overrated concepts when they are in the way of your goals.

Mad Spatula Chick. I like.

I admit this surprised me. I have never been to a vet that didn't have meds right there in the clinic. The thought of having to go to a pharmacy to get meds for an animal is beyond me.

The whole point was that I wouldn't have to go to the clinic as it's far away, and the pharmacy is next door to where I work. Wait, worked.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
I am angry at a person, really bad angry.

I was returning by the bus, and when the bus approached my stop, I walked to the exit door, stood there waiting for my stop to come.

A little distance before the stop, there's a small traffic, and the bus has halted.

I'm waiting for the traffic to ease out and the bus to go ahead and reach the stop, so I could get out of it and walk home.

Suddenly a lady behind me starts talking with someone else that I am blocking the exit.

I ask her does she have to get down, and at that moment the bus starts moving ahead.

Then the lady says, 'well, the bus has started and now you're asking.' then grins.

I'm glad after getting out of the bus I walked to her and told her 'stupid lady'. She asked for it. If you have to get down before the stop then you could've tapped my shoulder and told me to move out of the way, instead of talking about me behind my back that I'm blocking the exit.

It's common sense, tap the shoulder of the person ahead and tell me/if not ask me to move out of the way.

Instead she's saying I'm blocking the exit.

Well, hello, stupid woman, I have to get down, and that is why I'm standing near the exit. I'm not blocking it because of you. Feel free to jump over me, if you can.

Then when I ask her if she has to get down, the bus starts moving. It's not my fault that the traffic has cleared at that time. She's saying that I should've asked her if she has to get down before the stop.

Well, I'm not here to look after you. Why should I ask? Why can't you say that you have to get down before the stop? Because it's you who have to get down before the stop. And if you so desperately want to get down before the stop then make sure you're first in the queue to leave, or have the courtesy to tell the words, 'excuse me.'

All she had to do was tap my shoulder and say, 'Excuse me.' But she chose to talk about me behind my back, says i'm blocking the exit, then says i should've asked her if she has to get down.

if you don't have energy or courtesy to tell 'excuse me' then don't assume the liberty to taunt someone.

and i am also angry at an office colleague.

she was leaving the office at 5, she gave me a parcel. some colleague of hers would come n picks it up at 6. since we sit next to each other she gave it to me. well we're not in same dept. so i'm not obliged to take your work. still i take it n say that i'll leave by 6.

she says loudly that office timings are 9:30am to 6:30pm

well hello, you come at 11am, leave at 5pm. did i say that out loud. i come at 8:30 n leave at 6. my boss has no issues. the HR has no issues. ur not even in my dept. so technically i'm not supposed to do ur work. just when i was about to reply, her own colleague pitches in and says, 'he comes at 8 30 so that evens out.' then someone comes in the cabin n talks of some other topic.

well i wish she hadn't interfered n i had given the first colleague a peace of my mind.

it's almost as if people enjoy passing taunts to think they are some boss. she is wrong on so many levels:
a) you are not my boss
b) you yourself dont follow rules
c) you dont even know that i come to office before you, and complete more than stipulated hours in the office
d) if you have a problem, complain to the boss but dont taunt on my face in front of everyone
e) and if you think that you're doing this in jest, then have humor among friends not colleagues

Last edited:

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
A grumbling thread? I'm home.

My colleagues. After a few mishaps involving the new printer and various other objects, I started pinning the resultant mess upon a cork board with a title as a parody of incomprehensible art. It's not taking up needed space and it's caused some amusement. So obviously, some misery keeps binning it on one of the shifts I'm not on. Yet a poster with abysmal grammar and dodgy sentence structure should get priority and I'm nitpicking if I point out the flaws. Bah. Then there's our genius leader (who has never done a shift on the front lines) who has decided that a much-used piece of equipment has to go because she's never seen it used in her weekly visit.

Or the on-again off-again sciatica I've had since september. Or the ignorant dog owners that don't pick up, giving the rest a bad name. I could go on all day.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I admit this surprised me. I have never been to a vet that didn't have meds right there in the clinic. The thought of having to go to a pharmacy to get meds for an animal is beyond me.

I've had to do it for an old cat, and now an oldish dog. I don't remember what it was for the cat. The dog needs special eye drops, and those I get from the pharmacy. He has his own account ...

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
My fake account (don't ask) is chatting with a Christian kid in Egypt right now. He's been studying his dream field for 3 years until he couldn't take the religious persecution from his ISIS-esque professor anymore, so now he had to switch fields to something he doesn't like. How many more lives is religious extremisms and intolerance going to ruin? Don't answer that.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I have a cold and feel crappy. That's all.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I would write an ode to crap I wish to moan about but haven't got the energy
Consider that moan 1.

I live in a tiny house with two sleepless naughty boys and a rather fine wife. I am incredibly lucky, but get zero creative space. I need creative space. I am an artist dammit.

I have bees. And a bee phobia.

My family is distant and the inlaws are frankly wankers so have no respite.

I have damaged my car on three occasions recently. The third time I damaged a parked car and left them a note. I am losing two years no claim bonus. My confidence has taken a blow and I hate driving now.

My job is intense but enjoyable. I have a good boss. But that just makes it hard to slack. And I could use some slack.

Trying to prep house to sell but so much to do and so little time.

My desk is under an air con unit. I wear a scarf indoors to avoid a painful head and neck. Today i didn't wear my scarf and i regret it.

We have been begging the nhs for help with our problem child and they waft us on like a fart in a lift.

My reserves of similies and metaphors is all but gone.

I recently cracked the screen on my phone. I am writing my novel on this phone.

I spend more money every month on wine than the roof over our heads.

These are all temporary problems. Not insurmountable, but it's good to moan.

When I joined this forum I had lost my job and my home. My wife and child and cat didn't know where they would sleep from one night to the next. The state, to whom I've paid shit loads in tax to support the welfare state were quite helpful listing the nearby travelodges, and I learned a lot about my friends.

Things are actually mighty good right now. Not working for an abusive bullying organisation goes a long way to personal peace and self esteem, as does the security of tenure you only get from home owning.

When we got a place to rent, and I took a job managing a small warehouse an hour an half bus ride away, I thought I'd bottomed out. But then I saw a guy sleeping on a bench in a bus shelter at 5:30am. There was a dusting of snow on the ground and his home was a flattened cardboard box that rested on him.

I can't even moan without feeling that I have nothing to moan about dammit. That's a moan too.

M. Frebronze

Bon Vivant
Registered
Reaction score
Moaning is seriously underrated.

My ex, who is still a good friend, or was, I'm not even sure at this point, recently told me how the plot for my novel was all wrong, the fact that I want to write a novel is all wrong, that I'm going to school for something I apparently have no interest in, and that if I didn't change everything that makes me who I am, my current boyfriend (of three years) is going to leave me. Also, I apparently need to "grow up", but not give up tabletop and video games... which is kind of the opposite of what he wants. And institutionalization. F' that.

.... Oh, and he wants me to move in with him, too. Yeah, right. He made me cry for two days in a row.

Last night, I couldn't sleep at all. I went to bed at around 4 a.m. (which is normal for me, I don't need that much sleep). I laid down and closed my eyes. The next two hours were spent with my not-exactly-small boyfriend rolling over on top of me every two minutes. I finally gave up at 6:30 am so now I've been awake for over 24 hours.

I wrote myself into a hole that I apparently can't dig myself out of, no matter how many spades I buy. It just keeps getting deeper.

Oh, and Ijust found out that my best friend's dad (who, I'll admit, has always seemed kind of creepy to me, but it was a second home growing up, so he's kind of like my dad, too) tried to sleep with his son's wife. Which is just... sick. And messed up. And the next time I see him I may flatten his nose. With the sidewalk.

And I'm darn close to being out of cigarettes.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Your boyfriend wants you to be someone else or he'll leave? I think you need to show him the door, he ain't gonna find it by himself.

M. Frebronze

Bon Vivant
Registered
Reaction score
Your boyfriend wants you to be someone else or he'll leave? I think you need to show him the door, he ain't gonna find it by himself.

No, the ex thinks that. Already talked to the bf. He's solid. That first paragraph is all stuff the ex said. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Last edited:

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Evil evil African poachers, kill them, kill them all.
Except, stfu you privileged little western b...
Their families will get punished for sure. By starving. As a lover of wildlife, I absolutely hate poaching (and legal big game hunts, like those twats killing habituated or otherwise helpless lions), but if the west weren't exploiting and then neglecting large parts of Africa, they might actually have a shot at making a living legally.
But first you take their jobs, then you whine when they kill to survive. They don't get rich from poaching. Why the hell would I let an elephant live if its dead would keep me and my kids alive? Would anyone? Die for wildlife? Yeah, didn't think so.
"Just get a job" doesn't really work in the Third World. Give them back their economy, like get the hell out with cheap western imports unfairly competing with local products, and you might actually see a change. When did Somali pirates become an issue? Other countries' industries taking over Somalia's, putting locals out of business. Boohoo they're killing and stealing, well, so sorry they don't want to wither and die to fit your ethics. Like those treehuggers would die to spare an animal. Riiiiiight. Western people bitching about mean, mean poaching in Africa, should evacuate Western corporations from Africa.

And while I'm at it, I harshly condemn the Yulin Dog Eating Festival for the horrible ways the animals are killed, but your damned steak didn't have a fun ride to and at the slaughterhouse either, so don't act like dogs are more attached to life than chickens, or go vegan, or admit you just don't care about some animals. Like I do.

Save the people, and you'll save the animals from the people.