The Sparkly Side of Life

vampgirl278

I DO believe in fairies and magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh.... I got a HAPPY sparkly phone call this morning... I officially have a JOB!!! Only a week after rolling into town... I start monday and starting pay is OVER min wage, so... YAY ME!!! I'm so excited!!! :)

Chessny

My friend's apartment got its water shut off for a couple of days and I said he could stay with me and my boyfriend till it got back on. and last night as I was making lasagne I dislocated my shoulder (I have Ehler Danlos Syndrome) and it ended up with me being cozy under a blanket while they fixed everything to do with food, dessert, cleaned and tidied the apartment. And this morning when I woke up they had everything set so I could stay in bed with my laptop, i even got breakfast in bed.

Men can be pretty cute sometimes ;)

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
My flatmate just got the news that she's been awarded a two year, all expenses paid scholarship to Europe (England and Spain).
We are having naughty foods tonight to celebrate.
This news is awesome not only because she is super-happy but because her way of telling me was to say "Book your trip to Spain!"... so now I have no excuse :)
Good things happening to good people :D

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Sounds wonderful! And hey, Spain isn't that far away. ;)

Today I received a book from a fellow AW'er in the mail. It's a small thing, just a book, but the fact this AW'er decided to give it to me as a gift meant the world to me - and in this strange way made AW feel so much more real to me.

Man, I love this place! :heart: :D

Laura_6

Love what you do. Love who you are.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lexacain.blogspot.com
Congrats Vampgirl!
Yay Chessny! Men can be amazing sometimes...other times...

Thanks SaraP for such a lovely and inclusive thread. You've made me feel so relaxed -- a priceless commodity.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Seems as if your thread sparkles as much as you do uni-pony. Congrats on adding some sparkles to the lives of others. :)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for all the sparkles! :Sun:

Yesterday I was gearing up for a bit of a fight with my kids' school. Not the end of the world stuff, but it felt a bit David-and-Goliath-ish and I've been dreading it. Hubby came home, picked up all my papers, and said "I'll handle it." :e2thud: I don't have to make phone calls, go to meetings, do anything but sit back and watch him go. I am so relieved and grateful!

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mom's home from the hospital (finally). We're a little worried about the edema in her legs and she's going back to the doc today for a checkup but as far as they can tell, they got all of the tumor out of her colon. We hope that means she's cancer free.

She's doing wel
l. :)

Laura_6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lexacain.blogspot.com
That's wonderful news, Beatrix. You must be so happy.

Since I've found no Revision thread on this site yet, I'll just post my "I'm happy I finished revising Ch 9" here. (Hope you don't mind, Sara.)

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Of course I don't! If it makes you happy, it makes us happy. :)

And yay! We gots choco cakes from Susie! :hooray:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Beatrix, I'm so glad! Good revising, Laura!

I personally slept last night. All night. Oh yeah. It's the first time in... ::counts:: ::whimpers:: It's been a while. I feel almost human today! :snoopy:

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, I've heard of this sleep thing. ;)

(So glad, you were able to. I know how disrupting lack of sleep it can be. I joke a bit about it because I'm often online very late, but I always find a way to catch up.)

:)

Laura_6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lexacain.blogspot.com
Sorry you're having insomnia problems, HeyJude. My hubby has those, too. Me? I'm lucky; I just wonk out.

Happy to report I've finished revising 10-12. They're off to betas. I'm breathlessly waiting on Miss Snark's First Victim results. I finally made it in! Truthfully, I'm not all that breathless. I'd say there are 6 or so that're better than mine. And the secret agent has to pick what she can sell, not what's best anyway. Still, I'm rooting for my favorites to win. I love it when talented, hard-working people are recognized! <3

Have a wonderful weekend people!

Laura_6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lexacain.blogspot.com
Well, I got the comment "No, I wouldn't read on," had a major freak-out, found out who the Secret Agent was, calmed down a bit, revised like a maniac with much help from my crit group, and came up with a better, smoother 250. Whew! Now I feel all bright and shiny again.

I finished revising Ch 13, too. My betas are reading faster than I'm revising. They're closing in, and I have to get a move on to beat them to the end and not keep them waiting for the chapters. Onward ho!

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry you're having insomnia problems, HeyJude.

Not so much insomnia. My dog kept us up every night. Now, sadly, he's gone, but the good news is that I have slept three. Nights. In. A. Row. I don't even know what to do with that. That's like crazy talk.

Well, I got the comment "No, I wouldn't read on," had a major freak-out, found out who the Secret Agent was, calmed down a bit, revised like a maniac with much help from my crit group, and came up with a better, smoother 250. Whew! Now I feel all bright and shiny again.

I finished revising Ch 13, too. My betas are reading faster than I'm revising. They're closing in, and I have to get a move on to beat them to the end and not keep them waiting for the chapters. Onward ho!

Good for you! I know it's hard to hear the crits, and it sounds like you handled it really, really well. :Sun:

Laura_6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lexacain.blogspot.com
Ha! Yeah, HeyJude--I handled it really well after the major freak-out!

I'm sorry your dog's gone. :( But I'm happy your sleep problems seem to have disappeared. Writing is hard enough; writing tired is like spitting in the wind. The words may flow, but they'll come back to haunt you.

Finished revising Ch 14 today. Yay, me! Four more to go and then one last pass before I'm ready to query. Uh...plus, the 'minor' details of writing the query, synopsis, and researching agents. *sigh*