New here!

JBauthor

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'll be self-pubbing my first erotic series next year. (And getting nervous and excited all at the same time!) Hoping to chat with some other authors who have or who will be going that route, too.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Hunter S Johnson

It's writing. How hard can this be?
Registered
Reaction score
Working on my first erotic novel myself, JBauthor...

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
Hi, JBauthor. Have a poke around in the Erotica forum archives; you'll find some useful threads.

I'm mostly small press, but I've self-published a couple of things that had gone out of print, to have something to point at when I get asked "where can I find that old story of yours?" It's hard work, but can be enjoyable, if you enjoy that sort of thing.
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?u=121250

SierraLee

Boldly Nervous
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm in the same boat as you, so let's definitely share notes as we figure everything out!

s.j.l

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm also planning the same thing, but hope to get the first book out before the year is over. This place is awesome, you'll find heaps of helpful people here :)

LizzieBrooks

Ah, September!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, JBauthor! I'm new here, too, and also thinking about self-publishing sometime soon. I'm working on a series of short stories right now. I'd like to try subbing to publishers someday, too, but not with this series. I don't want to break up the set!

JBauthor

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, JBauthor. Have a poke around in the Erotica forum archives; you'll find some useful threads.

I'm mostly small press, but I've self-published a couple of things that had gone out of print, to have something to point at when I get asked "where can I find that old story of yours?" It's hard work, but can be enjoyable, if you enjoy that sort of thing.
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?u=121250

I've been writing since I was six. Professionally, since college, but this is the first time I"ve had the courage to publish my fiction. I have a following form another online forum, but I pulled the story so that I can rework it for publication. I get that every day. Where can I find your story? They'll find it soon enough! :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm your low-tech go-to person. I had teenagers at just the right time to have things explained to me in ways even I can understand. So I frequent AW's Tech board, seeking out other people whose questions I can answer. (There are many good explainers there, so use it as questions arise--if they're not answered in the Newbie posts or FAQs, anyway.

Maryn, explaining a series of tubes...

malamute

Registered
Reaction score
God am I glad I'm not the only one with tech issues :D I have major probs but there you go, not got a clue on self publishing, but I'm sure you'll do well, I wish you all the best. :D

JBauthor

Registered
Reaction score
I'm your low-tech go-to person. I had teenagers at just the right time to have things explained to me in ways even I can understand. So I frequent AW's Tech board, seeking out other people whose questions I can answer. (There are many good explainers there, so use it as questions arise--if they're not answered in the Newbie posts or FAQs, anyway.

Maryn, explaining a series of tubes...

LOL! I have a friend who is helping me with covers and website and all that stuff...and I know that I am driving her nuts. Maybe I can learn a few things here, and I won't have to bug her so much.

malamute

Registered
Reaction score
I've got a diamond of a friend that created and runs my website, she also helps me with facebook and twitter, that's how bad I am, I'm brain dead when it comes to modern technology :) Although I did manage to create my profile on manic readers uploaded my picky and book, couldn't believe I managed it ;)

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with your self-publishing. My self-published erotic poetry has led to many fruitful freelance gigs and other opportunities. :)

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.

Riley-Cole

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rcfiction.com
Welcome JBauthor. I am a part-time self-publisher still in my first year. Just uploaded story #6 so I guess I'm still a newbie here. One thing I learned is that there is a ton of knowledge on this forum, and some interesting characters (good interesting of course). Have fun with your stories.