Self-Publishing Tips and Income Report

downtherabbithole

Registered
Reaction score
From tooling around the AW forum, I found that my sales figures are quite high for self-pubbed authors. I'm definitely not making a king's ransom, but I am doing okay, so I thought I would give you the link to my blog series about it:
http://www.annainwonderland.co.uk/2014/09/august-self-publishing-income-report.html

I appreciate feedback and tips on how to sell even more. :) You can also ask me any questions you have and I'll do my best.

I hope this is allowed. This isn't blogspam, merely trying to help add to the conversation.

imjustj

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! You are making more than the thousands of us who sit around and think about it, talk about it and fail to follow through. :)

I may print your blog entry and post it by my computer for inspiration.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome to start a self publishing diary and write about your journey here, but if you only link back to your blog pieces then it is blogspam, and not appropriate for the self publishing room.

I'm going to send this to our blogging room, where the room mods might decide to move it on again, or merge it into one of the blogging threads.

downtherabbithole

Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome to start a self publishing diary and write about your journey here, but if you only link back to your blog pieces then it is blogspam, and not appropriate for the self publishing room.

I'm going to send this to our blogging room, where the room mods might decide to move it on again, or merge it into one of the blogging threads.

Not going to lie, that is super obnoxious since this is about self-publishing and I keep the diary on my blog. Now, no one can see it. Am I supposed to keep two diaries so I don't link back to my blog? Sorry, I know you have rules, but blah....

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome to contribute to AW. You're not welcome to use AW as a way to divert traffic to your blog.

If you have a problem with a mod's actions please take it to PM in future.

Moldy

Registered
Reaction score
Not going to lie, that is super obnoxious since this is about self-publishing and I keep the diary on my blog. Now, no one can see it. Am I supposed to keep two diaries so I don't link back to my blog? Sorry, I know you have rules, but blah....

I would suggest cross-posting it; have a self-publishing diary here and keep a link to your blog in your signature. That way if people would like to subscribe to your self-publishing journey through RSS, or like reading it formatted on your blog better, they can do that. I cross-post all of my posts at least in part to tumblr for instance, to widen my audience.

Cross-posting isn't as big a pain as it sounds; you just copy-paste the contents into one blog from another. If your blog posts are quite long (some of mine run at 2k+ words) or you don't want your posts here to be identical to your blog's, you could summarize them or only post the most important details and people that want to know the rest will go to your blog for them anyway.

Last edited: