Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Kelkelen

Writer-In-Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annecat.deviantart.com
Really? I loved those things! They actually had crumbly peanut butter in the center. I'd also love to get Reese's peanut butter cups, though, of course.

Maybe I'm only saying this because peanut-butter-based candies are very hard to come by in Spain. I'm pining for Halloween in PA!

I would trade away popcorn balls. Ouch. Too dry, too big, too kernel-y, and they aggravated my popping jaw.

AbbyBabble

abbybabble.blogspot.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abbygoldsmith.com
What's the best costume you ever wore? [for Halloween]
Mine may well be this year. I'm going as Bunnicula.

Bunnicula! That's a great idea.

I'm not dressing up this year, but I've worn some crazy costumes in the past. My favorite was an electrocuted zombie. I have long hair, and twisted it around wires to make it stand straight up.

When I was kid, I made a homemade bird costume by taping feathers to an old dress. I even made feathers to cover my fingers, and I wore a masquerade mask with a beak.

Cherise Kelley

Registered
Reaction score
The best costume I ever wore was to paint myself blue with colored hair spray and call myself a Druid. OK, I did wear a renaissance faire dress over my blue skin.

LeafintheBreeze

Registered
Reaction score
If you were going trick or treating, what candy would you most want to see in your bag?

And what would you trade your siblings for? (In other words, what don't you like/can't you eat that you would give away?)

I'm a chocolate person, so anything like that I'd love. Snickers, Kit Kats, Almond Joys, Reese’s. yummmy!

As for what I'd trade... probably the straight up sugary candies, like Jolly Ranchers or suckers (although I have a particular affinity for those caramel apple suckers). And candy corn. ick.

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
If you were going trick or treating, what candy would you most want to see in your bag?

And what would you trade your siblings for? (In other words, what don't you like/can't you eat that you would give away?)

Dark chocolate.

I always gave my brother the sticky candy and those ones that are raspberry with the gushy stuff inside, and I got the jawbreakers and the M&Ms with the peanuts.

MTSmith

Registered
Reaction score
RE: Newbie Question of the Week

That's easy.

Wanted to take my two daughters on a cruise. But time just got away from me. Maybe we can do something during winter break.

M.T. Smith

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gordonrhorne.wordpress.com
Your mince pies come in *boxes*?

We have to make ours, here. I don't think I've ever seen them sold in boxes. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...

Delayed reply. Once upon a time, on a family road trip, we bought a box of butter tarts. There was one raisin in six tarts. If there had been no raisins, fine. Whoever made the tarts had a different definition of butter tart. But the fact there was one raisin implies they understood the concept of butter tarts and were just cheap.

Last edited:

The MG Renegade

Humor + Sarcasm + Boys = Good Time
Registered
Reaction score
We were going to go to San Diego to visit Sea World and hit the beach. Unfortunately our company was bought out so I had to spend the whole summer transitioning policies and providing orientations and training to our staff. I still want to go, but its getting too cold... :cry:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

As it's officially Fall most places north of the equator, and the clocks have turned back at long last here in the United States, it's time to ask:

Do you look at the Autumn foliage and think, "Oh, how beautiful," or "Oh @#$% now I have to rake all that up?"

(and if it's already snowing where you are... keep it to yourself. :tongue)

I am a "pretty" person, but then again when we rake leaves it's to jump into them.

:D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I have no trees in my yard or around it...so no leaves. And yes, this saddens me, I'd rather have to rake than have no trees. :e2bummed:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no trees in my yard or around it...so no leaves. And yes, this saddens me, I'd rather have to rake than have no trees. :e2bummed:

I'm willing to box you up some and ship them to you.

Heck, probably lots of people here would.... Oh, wait, that means they have to rake them first, doesn't it?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
oh, you meant the leaves...I was hoping you were talking about the trees. :D

we can exchange, your dead leaves for my dead weeds. deal?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I never have a tidy back garden - in the summer it is full of red berries which fall from the tree (poisonous to humans, but the birds like them), and in autumn there are leaves everywhere. Stacks of the things. I can't rake them up, because it would take too much time (four trees) and I have nowhere to put them. I can't even burn them because I am so close to a massive woodland, which I am constantly aware could go up in flames if I am not ever-vigilant.

If I get my hands on whoever is setting off fireworks, there is going to be trouble. Already there have been two small fires thanks to the idiots setting them off, and I really don't fancy the notion of burning alive out here in the middle of nowhere...

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The palm trees are holding up well in my neck of the woods

(this is also a test post to see if my Kermit & Don Music pic is working)

Last edited:

dacraig

Registered
Reaction score
Don't know why this time of year I'm imagining a place to hibernate in a room over a restaurant, window on the street of a small downtown.

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
The leaves are pretty on the trees:rolleyes: but a pain in the badonkadonk on the ground:mad: or worse yet in my gutters. I only have one tree on my very small yard, no big deal. But my neighbors have several huge oaks, no big deal for them, because they all end up in my yard:rant:.

zeuslee

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm way past overdue here, but it's been a busy few weeks.

Anyway, I realize Halloween is more or less a strictly an American holiday, but it's not the only time we play dress up, nor the only country.

So, with that in mind (and if none of the above applies to you, what would you be anyway?)

What's the best costume you ever wore?

Mine may well be this year. I'm going as Bunnicula.

ANGRY BIRD. ;)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week:

What was the last take-out you had and did you like it and what is your favourite?

(Take-out=Take-away=you know, chinese/indian/subway/mcdonalds/burger king etc)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last take out was Subway.

Because it's convenient and cheap. Not sure if that counts as "like" or not, but it will have to do.