G'Day

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
it was good! I enjoyed it, but I think the fact I'd re-read the book recently really highlighted the differences between them and even now, a full day later I'll suddenly sit up and think, "Omg! and another thing!"

But generally I really enjoyed it, and some of the things they added definitely made it better.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when Lord Of The Rings came out in cinemas... I watched each part of the trilogy at midnight the night it came out, and I remember thinking, "They didn't do THAT in the book!"

Mostly I wasn't annoyed by the changes, except completely missing out Tom Bombadil and the barrow-wights. I loved that part of the book. :(

Harry Potter, however, isn't really my thing. I've seen the first 2 movies, and I didn't think it was anything special, so I haven't read the books or seen any more movies.

And I wouldn't have seen the first 2 if it wasn't for a friend being obsessed with them and playing them every chance she got... :)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I thought it was a good representation of the book, but a bad adaption. In my mind, adaption means you, well, should adapt it so that people can understand what's going on. If you hadn't read the book you would have been lost. Totally and utterly lost.

So it was good for me :) I just noticed

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm drinking Jacob's Creek Pinot Grigio. It's very good. :)

Of course, I drink wine so slowly that I can't even get drunk on it. But it's cheaper than beer, and lasts longer too.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I'm drinking Jacob's Creek Pinot Grigio. It's very good. :)

Of course, I drink wine so slowly that I can't even get drunk on it. But it's cheaper than beer, and lasts longer too.

Speaking from recent experience (look at the Cantina for evidence) Malibu is quite easy to get drunk on.

Just saying ;)

And I love a good bottle of cheep wine. There's this nice one that only cost 8 dollars - I normally get that :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. This one was $10. It took me about 45 minutes to finish 1 glass of it...

Meanwhile, I'm currently at Retail course, in the computer lab. I've been researching something, but I'm meant to be up here for another hour and honestly, I'm done.

I've emailed the important stuff to myself, so I can put it all together back home. I've got all week to create a PowerPoint presentation. I'm not going to bust my arse trying to get it done now. Besides, some info I need can only be obtained by going into the shop that sells this product (such as warranty information)...

So I decided I'd kill time here. :)

How's everyone's day been so far?

ETA: Hmm. I've just been told I can leave early if I like. I'm outta here!

Last edited:

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
very quiet morning for me since half the staff were out at a forum. It was lovely! Now they're all back though, sigh.

I bought a really cute crochet pattern

il_570xN.189818750.jpg

I've seen similar stuff for sale in billabong and roxy and I thought I'd make my own instead. So that was fun!

I'm hanging out for margaritas tonight though. There's a mexican place at the beach that has $5 Margie mondays. Can't. Wait!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Nice dress! I imagine that will keep you cool during Summer.

I've been playing guitar since I got home. I think I've finally found a good setting for my effects pedal. It's not quite perfect, but I think the bulk of the remaining improvement needs to be done via the amp (or rather, buying a decent amp). And I even tuned my strings today... yes, every string was out of tune. Some not so bad, but the top string (the biggest one) was way off the chart. All the rest were on the left side of the tuner dial, but that heavy string was way off to the right. Hopefully the whole thing will sound more professional next time I play it...

And now I'm cooking chicken and cheese schnitzel with chips. Yum.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the phrase "Go you big red fire engine!"

I just remembered it. I know it was from an Aussie sketch show in either late 90s or early 00s. I can't remember what show it was though. :(

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
It is now the final day of Spring here in Australia. Anyone got any special plans?

I'm planning on relaxing after finishing my Retail course yesterday. Soon I'll be majorly job-hunting, so I think I deserve a nice quiet day.

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
I remember go you big red fire engine! No idea where it's from either! (apparently, it is a phrase coined by standup comedian Adam hills! - linkie - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Hills)

I had my very own 'retro' moment, actually - was on my way home from work yesterday, and a girl on a bus 'sweet or sour'ed me!

Maybe it's just a Sydney thing, but I remember playing that game when I was in primary school. You wave at someone, and if they wave back, they're sweet. If they don't, they're sour. You make a tally and see how many you can get.

Of course I was sweet, haha!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So that's why people keep waving at me?!

I usually respond with, "Uh, hi..." and keep walking. No wave back. I figure saying something quietly is polite enough, but is easier to pretend didn't happen compared to frantically waving my arm around. (Y'know - in case they're waving at someone behind me...)

Kitty

weeeeeeeee *thud*
Registered
Reaction score
good to know it's not just me who's easily entertained :D

and if it'd stop raining for more than a day, I might be lookin' forward to summer...as it stands, it's kinda a mixed blessing.

If it doesn't rain, everything shrivels n dries out in an hour... rains, n it's humid as hell but at least the water restrictions are lower :roll: