Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
I added some more scenes/fiddled some more with what I had already, and I'm liking it a lot better I think. I also added about 1200 brand new mostly shiny words today, which feels great. It's been ages since I've been able to sit down and just write for three hours.

Excellent! It is great. :D

Today I have done a grand total of ... Oh Look! What's that over there?:gone:

Heyyyy.... *narrows eyes*

Oh no you don't. Get back here and get some words down.

Not a lot this morning, but apparently more than muse. :tongue

Got 386 words down and wrapped up another chapter. This one ran a bit over my average at 2251 words. Now to start the next and get more wordage today. :D

ETA: Got an additional 618 words on the next chapter, which brings the days total to 1004 words! I might have gotten more, but it was quitting time.:tongue

Nice work!!!!

The month is officially 2/3rds of the way over and I am just passing the 40,000 word mark right now. I took a break from my idea to post this, actually!

I hope everyone else is hitting their goals and kicking NaNo's butt.

Awesome!!! I'm a bit behind but that's okay.

Hi :D

Havent posted in here in a while, but I've been working on my writing.
I think I have managed to finish my WIP that I have been working on for 3 years, on and off. The last read/write-through is finished (I think) with great beta-help from a friend from here, actually. :)
That makes for one part of my november goal.
Since we have some days left of the month, technically I can get in the second part of my goal, too - but the class I am taking for work has been suffering, so I think I need to focus on that. But maybe, maybe I can sneak a few words into my new WIP. :)

Congrats on finishing the WIP and starting a new one!

Sorry about the wrist, Saoirse, but great words! And bravo everybody else, too. (Negative numbers are fabulous, osg, especially when editing.)

Thanks! So true on the editing.

Today is editing for me b/c of the wrists. But we'll see, maybe I'll get a few hundred words in.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
2877 today, many of them gibberish.

This feels like some kind of weird college all-nighter. I'm not sure I remember how to sleep anymore.

I may give it a big push tomorrow, so Thursday I don't have to fight a dose of tryptophan to get it done.

I will become a normal, social creature again soon, I promise.

Carry on, fine troops!

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Currently going through a "this WIP is rubbish" stage. But after a 5:30am pyjama writing session I've amended two chapters and think maybe it's salvageable after all.

Time to start getting ready for work now.

Shara

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I may give it a big push tomorrow, so Thursday I don't have to fight a dose of tryptophan to get it done.

Tryptophan?

What I do find odd is that this is an entirely American concept. The UK stuffs ifself with turkey every Christmas and no-one's ever mentioned this weird chemical. I prefer the term "post-prandial somnolence" personally... :D

No words yesterday, but I did get through 100 pages of a certain person's beta. :)

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Tryptophan?

What I do find odd is that this is an entirely American concept. The UK stuffs ifself with turkey every Christmas and no-one's ever mentioned this weird chemical. I prefer the term "post-prandial somnolence" personally... :D

No words yesterday, but I did get through 100 pages of a certain person's beta. :)

The tryptophan coma after Thanksgiving is a misnomer. The actual cause is the fact that Americans literally stuff themselves on this Holiday with more calories than they should. An average of 4500 to 6500 calories, thus the coma. There is more tyrptophan in cheese.

And that is your science lesson for today. :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: MsD! That's wonderful! Feels good to finish one off, doesn't it?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
The tryptophan coma after Thanksgiving is a misnomer. The actual cause is the fact that Americans literally stuff themselves on this Holiday with more calories than they should. An average of 4500 to 6500 calories, thus the coma. There is more tyrptophan in cheese.

And that is your science lesson for today. :D

And how do you know I didn't mean the cheese? :tongue

Besides, despite throwing around old myths, my biggest problem is going to be the cranberry-apple wine. I drink twice a year, at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and as one might expect I have very little tolerance for the stuff. My family finds it all very entertaining.

On the other hand, I'd probably write a bang-up ending if I did it after I had a little wine...

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Besides, despite throwing around old myths, my biggest problem is going to be the cranberry-apple wine. I drink twice a year, at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and as one might expect I have very little tolerance for the stuff. My family finds it all very entertaining.

Lizmonster - destroying the notion of the grizzled MTS writer powered by cigarettes and cheap whiskey, one cliché at a time... :)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also at the WIP is rubbish stage, sort of. Not the whole WIP, just the bit I'm working on right now. Didn't get anything done yesterday as I had an article to write for the blog at work, which ended up at around 4,000 words. (It's here if anyone's interested, on the different underground chambers in Prague and why they're there)

Now all I have to do is write a new tour script about water demons for my boss, and then I can get back into my own project.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats MsDashwood. :hooray:

Saoirse: Hope the hands are better soon.:Hug2:

Liz: Did you manage your big push? :poke:

Shara and Zelenka: :Hug2: We all think our WIP are rubbish at some point. Just wait, an hour/day/week from now you'll think it's fantastic again.;)

osg: Good job on the beta'ing (Is that a word?)

Ken: I hear calories mentioned in your post, but not words.:e2poke:

Minus words for me today. I'm at a fiddly bit in the WIP and I keep adding words only to take them away again.:Shrug:

Ever feel like you're going round in circles?:e2bouncey

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Ken: I hear calories mentioned in your post, but not words.:e2poke:

Jeeze, try to bring a little information to the world and I get beat up. ;)

Not a productive day. Short day at work and surprisingly busy. I did manage 318 though, but most likely will not get any more in until after Turkey Day. Going over to the Mission early in the morning to hand out turkeys and fixings, then off to have dinner with a group of friends.

Happy now, muse. I mentioned words. :tongue

Minus words for me today. I'm at a fiddly bit in the WIP and I keep adding words only to take them away again.:Shrug:

Ever feel like you're going round in circles?:e2bouncey
Maybe you need to let it sit for a day or two.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jeeze, try to bring a little information to the world and I get beat up. ;)

Not a productive day. Short day at work and surprisingly busy. I did manage 318 though, but most likely will not get any more in until after Turkey Day. Going over to the Mission early in the morning to hand out turkeys and fixings, then off to have dinner with a group of friends.

Happy now, muse. I mentioned words. :tongue
Yup. :D

Maybe you need to let it sit for a day or two.
I think I need to. Maybe it's time to dust off one of my old short stories again.

Enjoy your Turkey Day.;)

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Way behind on NaNo, but finally I have some time to work on it. At about 23K now.

And I have some other good news but can't reveal the details just yet... :snoopy:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
TheIT - Ooh, can't wait to hear.

Ken - Still, that's 318 words you didn't have before. ;)

muse - Yes. All the time. Thanks for the well wishes for my wrists. I need 'em.

I poked at my short story last night but didn't have the motivation to you know, work on it. Trying again tonight before I lose any more brainz.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
3,661 today, which puts me over 50K. NaNo vanquished! And yet so much more book to write...

Tomorrow I am going to get stupid drunk and try not to post.

Yay, team! Small batches of words are great words, too! :hooray:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
3,661 today, which puts me over 50K. NaNo vanquished! And yet so much more book to write...

Tomorrow I am going to get stupid drunk and try not to post.

Yay, team! Small batches of words are great words, too! :hooray:

Congrats, lizmonster! In under 30 days too!

For all my AW friends that celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving! :e2grouphu

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
So far I have no words for the last two day however, here's hoping I have some words done this afternoon.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
1,969 words today, and broke 45k on my ms. And 20k for the month so far. (I had a break between all the cooking).

Now I'm tired and stuffed. *passes out*

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I've sobered up. A little, anyway. :D

And I wrote 2265 words. Started writing the ending - that was a trick suggested last year by one of the NaNo pep talks. I was skeptical at the time, but it turned out to be a really good idea for me to have an endpoint to aim at.

Great words, Saoirse, and in the middle of cooking no less! And thank you, EVERYONE, for the congratulations. I'm still numb, but maybe that's from too many desserts. :)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Liz, you're storming through with your words. Congrats.:Clap:

Saoirse, sounds like your hands are feeling better.;)

I tried to move away from my WIP and do a short story, but the darn thing kept calling me back. Managed to get 768 very rough words, but the scene is finally taking shape.:Jump:

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Great work, all those who are typing away. Hope the weekend makes room for even more words!

Wish I could sit down and work on the new story.
Alas, I need to read for the class for work... :rolleyes: