Shopping a poly erotica story to Loose Id, other pubs?

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
I have a poly erotic romance that I'm doing final edits on before I start querying it around. I have my eye on Loose Id, since they're one of the only publishers I've seen that don't seem to be looking for an HEA *only* for the primary couple, but are interested in seeing a poly relationship work. In submission guidelines, Loose Id invites authors to submit to specific editors, but I'm not seeing an editor list anywhere; just query the Editor-in-chief as listed, then?

Also, any other ideas for markets on this, in case they pass?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
What kind of poly? MFM is any easy sell as is MMM. MMF somewhat okay but the readership for MM and MF interactions in the same book is smaller in conventional erotic romance where it is common for readers to not want peanut butter in their chocolate. Other variations more unusual but so long as the romantic unit ends up in a committed relationship Loose Id will look at it IMHO.

alexp336

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alexpendragon.com
In submission guidelines, Loose Id invites authors to submit to specific editors, but I'm not seeing an editor list anywhere; just query the Editor-in-chief as listed, then?

I believe it's a case of submitting to a specific editor if you have a prior relationship, at least that's how I interpreted it. Otherwise it gets addressed to Treva.

Good luck!

A.

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
What kind of poly? MFM is any easy sell as is MMM. MMF somewhat okay but the readership for MM and MF interactions in the same book is smaller in conventional erotic romance where it is common for readers to not want peanut butter in their chocolate. Other variations more unusual but so long as the romantic unit ends up in a committed relationship Loose Id will look at it IMHO.

MMF it is, in fact. The MM are the established couple, with the F being the third.

Thank you for the tip; I will keep that in mind as I query and pitch.

Last edited:

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
As noted, submit to an editor if you have a prior relationship with that editor, otherwise submit to the editor-in-chief. Treva will also deal with queries if an editor you have a relationship with has fallen off the net, as mine did after severe storms took down her net connection for an extended period.

Off the top of my head, Siren does poly romances that focus on the HEA for the entire poly group, including MMF, so it would be worth checking their thread on the B&BC forum.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
MMF it is, in fact. The MM are the established couple, with the F being the third.

Thank you for the tip; I will keep that in mind as I query and pitch.

MMF threesomes/poly arrangements are my favorite kind. :) I hope you have good luck submitting it!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I know of at least a couple of popular MMF erotic romances published by Loose ID, but they had a happy ending for all three together. That doesn't mean that's all they take though obviously. If you have a happy ending for at least two I imagine it would be fine as it is elsewhere.

I've heard good things about Evernight Publishing, but do not write for them.
I have sold two high heat level MMF novels with happy endings to Samhain.

Last edited:

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Totally Bound also take HEA poly stories.

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
I know of at least a couple of popular MMF erotic romances published by Loose ID, but they had a happy ending for all three together. That doesn't mean that's all they take though obviously. If you have a happy ending for at least two I imagine it would be fine as it is elsewhere.

I've heard good things about Evernight Publishing, but do not write for them.
I have sold two high heat level MMF novels with happy endings to Samhain.

it definitely is a HEA for all three. At a couple of publishers, I saw that they specifically did not want that, that it could ONLY be an HEA for TWO of the three. That put me off, and prompted me to ask the question.

I'm really loving that the answer is apparently that most publishers don't even find it necessary to spell it out in the guidelines, and that the publishers I saw seem to be the exception to the rule. :D

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
I submitted an MMF sweet poly story to Riptide's Rainbow Families call... hoping to eventually hear good news.

Good to know about Samhain and menage/poly stories... *adds to pro/con list for Samhain*.