Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
fun stuff ....holiday fun

Javelina Feast 2005 [on our trash, straight from the can]:
ScreenShot2012-12-05at84556AM.png

A Kadeedid? :
Buggy.png

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was certain the fox got you, Kathy. Welcome back. Hope you're all healed now.

No fox is gonna get me. Maybe a wolf. I am still coughing a bit, but I'm on the mend, thank you.

:Hug2: Sorry to hear that. Hope you're feeling much better now. Two weeks is a long time to be ill. :(

Yes, 2 weeks IS a long time to be sick. That's why I went back to the doctor this morning. I've got some meds to take now and hopefully I'll be back to my normal self soon.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Been hunting around my computer and found some more nature pics. It's been awhile since I posted anything so:

swamptree.jpg

The swamp where we like to fish. There's a nest in the tree.

beachwh.jpg

The beach in Kitty Hawk, NC.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LadyV, that tree photo is stunning!!

These three swans have been hanging out on the opposite side of the river for months. Today was the first day I saw them on my side of the river, so I was able to get some decent shots..

swans4.jpg

They had a duck audience too.. and that filmy looking stuff is a thin layer of ice..

swans7.jpg

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Been hunting around my computer and found some more nature pics...

Very nice! Have you had a chance to shoot with the new camera yet? If so, how do you like it? (I'm just nosy curious is all.) :)

These three swans have been hanging out on the opposite side of the river for months. Today was the first day I saw them on my side of the river, so I was able to get some decent shots..

Love how the middle swan in the first photo seems to have her head frozen below the icy surface while the other two look on as if to say, We told you not to stick your face down there... ;)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone. :)

Very nice! Have you had a chance to shoot with the new camera yet? If so, how do you like it? (I'm just nosy curious is all.) :)
Not really. I've only taken a picture of the Christmas tree and my dad sleeping in the chair just to test out some settings. My schedule at the moment doesn't allot me much time to do anything. I finally have a day off tomorrow, so maybe I can try getting a couple shots of some birds if it's not raining. But so far from what little of done, I like it.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
fun stuff ....

holiday fun [it's a meatloaf, with mustard/ketchup eye, and cherry tomato nose :D]:
Reighndeer2.png

Javelina Feast 2005 [on our trash, straight from the can]:
ScreenShot2012-12-05at84556AM.png

A Kadeedid? :
Buggy.png

Wow, that meatloaf is really detailed. Love how you added ketchup for the entry wound in the neck for the bullet. :O :D

Not sure what those things are in your trash, they look like pigs. I'll have to google 'em. :)

Very nice photo on the... bug. We have those here, too, but I haven't seen one in a while.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
LadyV... :O ... amazing photo! Now that would be a great place to fish. *is jealous* Thanks for sharing those. :)

Beautiful swans, swach! And I love how the ducks are just sitting on the sidelines watching (well, except for the two headless ones. :D )

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that meatloaf is really detailed. Love how you added ketchup for the entry wound in the neck for the bullet. :O :D

Not sure what those things are in your trash, they look like pigs. I'll have to google 'em. :)

Very nice photo on the... bug. We have those here, too, but I haven't seen one in a while.

Yeah, I love that meatloaf - it was 5 lbs, and it was gooooodd!!!

Yes, those look like pigs, but they are Javelina [peckery, and related to the elephant believe it or not :D].

And that Kadydidd is the only one I have ever seen in my life. We don't usually have them here because we don't have native plants with leaves like that. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, it was deer themed. We don't have deer here anymore. :/ Or Great Horned Sheep -- it's a shame.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I'd prefer if we kept the images we share here closer to their natural surroundings rather than the kitchen, please.

*throws Rudolf meatloaf into the woods*

*throws rocks at it* Go, be free! Dang you, go I say!

sorry pd, but it had to be done. :rulez

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Our yearly visitors in the spring who dig holes in the driveway and everywhere else...

Ascamper-1.png

and yes, his butt really is a different color than the rest of him, it's brown against the speckled grey. No I don't know why, they're all like that, but it's not the camera. :D

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PD, that squirrel looks like it was flattened in the middle by a tire (which unfortunately is how too many of them end up). Good thing this one is only chillin' in the shade. :)

Love how the middle swan in the first photo seems to have her head frozen below the icy surface while the other two look on as if to say, We told you not to stick your face down there... ;)

Hehe...I thought it looked like the swans were talking to each other too, but I doubt it...

... they're mute swans...

*waits for groans and a shower of rotten fruit from the audience*

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it was summer, he'd bottomed out to cool his belly on the cement. :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
a morning visitor - sorry the photos came out so grainy

Avisitor.png

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
LadyV... :O ... amazing photo! Now that would be a great place to fish. *is jealous* Thanks for sharing those. :)
It's a wonderful place to fish. That tree can only be accessed by canoe. I was with my dad. I even caught a few fish that day.

Sorry, it was deer themed. We don't have deer here anymore. :/ Or Great Horned Sheep -- it's a shame.
You can have some of ours. I almost hit one the other night.

a morning visitor - sorry the photos came out so grainy

Avisitor.png
Yay! Cardinal. I haven't seen any in a while. Of course, I haven't been up during the day lately.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
It's a wonderful place to fish. That tree can only be accessed by canoe. I was with my dad. I even caught a few fish that day.

You can have some of ours. I almost hit one the other night.

Yay! Cardinal. I haven't seen any in a while. Of course, I haven't been up during the day lately.

Ooh, hope you are okay after Bambi-a-la-headlights. *cringes*

And we have cardinals here year round, and Pyroluxias [Pronounced 'Pie-row-lux-ia' -- cardinal cousin] that sing.