Low Sales

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I'm experiencing low sales with my ebooks lately. I've published traditionally with the same publisher and my books are making below $20. I know making money as an (new) author is difficult, but does anyone have any advice? I don't expect to make hundreds of dollars, however enough to make royalty will be nice.
I have a website, do social media (probably not enough), do blog tours and reviews. Any advice to boost sales? I work full time so my time is limited. I don't mind spending some money in order to grow book sales.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please move to right relocation :)

Last edited:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Kellie

I'm going to move your thread to the Book Promotion Ideas and Advice subforum under Publishing.

I recommend reading the stickies in each of the subforums under Publishing, including the self-publishing subforum stickies even though you have a publisher. Some of the advice there might jumpstart some ideas.

Best of luck,

Ari

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Your publisher should be marketing and promoting your book, at least to some degree: if I were you I'd talk to their marketing and publicity people and ask what they've done, and what you can do to enhance their efforts.

If they're not doing anything, or anything significant, then you should consider submitting to different publishers next time round.

Meanwhile, you could read this thread:

How to promote your book like an intelligent human being and not an SEO Dweeb