Look What I Sold! Local Brags...

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I sold my dark urban fantasy novel, The Damned, to Evernight Publishing, for their Urban Fantasy imprint :D :partyguy: :snoopy:

The Damned is a dark novel that follows vampire slayer Tuck Houston as she hunts a group of vampires she has a brutal past with. Along with much unfinished business. There is some romance in it, but that is not the main theme of the book, nor is there a lot of it.
Sweet, Haunted. Congratulations! Sounds like a good read.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good sale. Congratulations.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Just sold a story THE KEYS TO THE DOOR to THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF JACK THE RIPPER, a big pro anthology edited by Maxim Jakubowski and coming from Little Brown in November.

As excited as a very excited thing that's very excited - always wanted to do a supernatural Ripper tale, and this was my big chance.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't even completed anything in a while, much less sold anything. But was able to sell my short story "The Genie and the Inquisitor" to Fantasy Scroll Magazine (a publication where I recently read our friend Willie Meikle's entertaining short "#Dragonspit".)

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't even completed anything in a while, much less sold anything. But was able to sell my short story "The Genie and the Inquisitor" to Fantasy Scroll Magazine (a publication where I recently read our friend Willie Meikle's entertaining short "#Dragonspit".)

Dang. I've been trying to sell them stories for two years.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dang. I've been trying to sell them stories for two years.

Keep plugging. I remember tying for several years to place a story with my then-favorite online publication, the lamentably defunct Tales From the Asylum. It was rather gratifying when I was able to finally place the right story with them after years of rejection.

Five other pubs had passed on this latest story before Fantasy Scroll found it. Sometimes good stories get passed because they're not the right story for the pub. Keep writing. Keep submitting.

Edit: Not that you might not already know all of this.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Safe bragging here: I don't read reviews because they're my weak spot. The lovely Amber of Me My Shelf and I is running my blog tour for The Redeemers. Every day she's tweeted a wonderful 3-4 word pull quote from each reviewer that I can RT without reading the whole review.

/brag