Registered
Reaction score
LOL! I meant bouncing on the INSIDE. :D

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is there :Jump: sprinkled among :Jump: the words?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have been shut up at home for the last day and half. Spent all yesterday at home in the dark waiting for the maintenance guy to come look at why the power was out. He finally turned up at 7 pm, and of course it took him about 30 seconds to fix the power. Rargh! And spent this morning on the phone with tech support over my tragic dying wireless router.

Now I am free! I'm going to go scamper about waving my arms around. Or possibly run errands. And tonight go see about a new (used) bike!

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also! I seek more kidlit writer FB friends! Anybody on FB? Be mah friend please, www. facebook.com/ sara h.heaco x
Without the spaces obviously.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Kitty - I will gladly befriend you on Facebook, if you'll PM me and tell me how to do it. When I typed in your name, I was redirected to your interesting interview about CWD.

Sorry I'm a idjit.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of our beloved kidlit gang has a new name. First one to figure out who gets a milkshake. ;)

:TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
It's JudScotKev - but I don't know what her new one is. Does that count? I really need a milkshake right now. It was 112 actual degrees during the fair parade, and I sat out there in it just so my son could watch the big farm machinery drive down the road. THEY sat in the air-conditioning.

AH, I see she is now MsJudy. Clever chit.

Last edited:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Me, me, I wants the milkshake!!!

Oh, wait. Milkshakes make my tummy hurt.

Plus I'm back on Weightwatchers.

darn it...

oh, well. there's always Trader's Joes' Tahitian Caramels. 5 caramels = 2 points.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sissy gets the milkshake! :e2woo:
(And she deserves two, just for sitting in the hot sun for farm machinery!)

I like the new name, Judy! It's so... grown-up. :D

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it is what everybody at school calls me. I'm considered quite outrageous by the other teachers. Letting kids know my first name!!! Scandalous!!!

Of course, the kids have no idea. They just think it's my name.

And the people who are the most scandalized are also the ones who never can remember how to pronounce my last name. So...

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Love the new name, MsJudy. Although, I have to admit, in my mind you are always Dame Judy. I don't know, I guess I think you should be knighted for all the help you give people.

Leaving for vacation today, I hope. My hubby is sick in bed and may not be able to fly. Arg. It's going to be a stressful day.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no, Sheila! Hope he feels better and you have lots of fun in the sun on vacation. :Hug2:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on your vacation plans Sheila! Hope hubby is better. We leave for vay cay on Saturday, no plane involved though and darn 16 year old daughter is ruining things. She insisted on getting a job this summer so she could have her own money and not bug Mom about it. Who went and made her responsible?!! Now she can't come with us because she has to work and I am not happy!! I'm probably the only parent in Harbor Beach MI who DIDN'T want their teenager to get a job this summer. They have their whole lives to be responsible and boring!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
YUM!!! Those milkshakes sure did hit the spot. Oh, wait, I didn't want them to land Land THERE!

MsJudy - love the grown-up name, but it will take me a while to get used to. Also commend you for all the years you've devoted to teaching - it does take a very special person, and I, for one, appreciate you for making this world a better place.

Sheila and jtrylich - hope the vacations are amazing and you don't have to spend any time stressing over sick hubbies or working daughters.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm probably the only parent in Harbor Beach MI who DIDN'T want their teenager to get a job this summer. They have their whole lives to be responsible and boring!

I'm with you. Kids these days are under so much pressure to take hard classes, get a job, excel at everything, never have a moment of slacking off... and I'm starting to see the consequences. Friends' teenagers who are bulemic, or having breakdowns and dropping out of their classes, or finding other sad ways to crash and burn.

It's making me feel a whole lot better about my son, who does well in school but spends way too much time playing computer games.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MsJudy is a good choice. I have to confess that when I was a newbie here I thought Jud was a man (like Judd Nelson). Virtual worlds can be so ambiguous sometimes.

For the record, I'm not a man.

Despite the rocky starts, hope you both have fun on your vacations Sheila and jtylch13!

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's making me feel a whole lot better about my son, who does well in school but spends way too much time playing computer games.

Sounds like my boys. Choose your battles, right?

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Now, if I might be allowed a few small bounces...

:hooray:1: It's payday. This is my favorite of all paydays, because I haven't
worked for weeks and weeks, but I still get paid. I know, it's my own money deferred. But it FEELS like I got paid for writing, knitting and playing in my garden.

:hooray:2: chapter 20 is finally taking shape! I swear, I have never worked so long on a single chapter ever. At least 3 weeks on this sucker. I was cruising along, editing and revising little pieces here and there, then I came across a chapter that was entirely dead weight. Nothing happened to forward the plot. The whole thing had to go. But, because I'm writing from several alternating POVs, I couldn't just cut it out and move on. I had to replace it with something. Without adding something that would screw up the 22 chapters that follow it...

Talk about tricky. I had to try and throw out so many ideas before I hit on the right one. But now, finally, I've found it. Now the scene adds tension, and gives Barnaby a whole new set of reasons for the things he does later on. More people that he thinks he's protecting.

Phew. :e2headban

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Leaving for vacation today, I hope. My hubby is sick in bed and may not be able to fly. Arg. It's going to be a stressful day.

Oh noes! I hope everything works out and he is soon mended! :LilLove:

Good luck on your vacation plans Sheila! Hope hubby is better. We leave for vay cay on Saturday, no plane involved though and darn 16 year old daughter is ruining things. She insisted on getting a job this summer so she could have her own money and not bug Mom about it. Who went and made her responsible?!! Now she can't come with us because she has to work and I am not happy!! I'm probably the only parent in Harbor Beach MI who DIDN'T want their teenager to get a job this summer. They have their whole lives to be responsible and boring!

Where is everybody headed on these fun vacations? :D

I'm enjoying my last bits of unemployment fun times--headed up to my old hometown of Eugene for a wedding next month, and then camping in San Luis Obispo (one of the nicest spots in Cali IMO) with my BIL and three nephews. I expect rowdiness shall ensue.

:hooray:2: chapter 20 is finally taking shape! I swear, I have never worked so long on a single chapter ever. At least 3 weeks on this sucker. I was cruising along, editing and revising little pieces here and there, then I came across a chapter that was entirely dead weight. Nothing happened to forward the plot. The whole thing had to go. But, because I'm writing from several alternating POVs, I couldn't just cut it out and move on. I had to replace it with something. Without adding something that would screw up the 22 chapters that follow it...

Talk about tricky. I had to try and throw out so many ideas before I hit on the right one. But now, finally, I've found it. Now the scene adds tension, and gives Barnaby a whole new set of reasons for the things he does later on. More people that he thinks he's protecting.

Phew. :e2headban

:hooray: That sounds intense. That's the kind of highly dramatic editing that non-writers don't know about--writing: it's not for sissies.

Happy bouncings to all! I'm just back from a hike and pondering revisions for my critique group.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Sheila, hope the hubby recovers speedily & that you and JLTrylch both have wonderful, relaxing vacations. I'm leaving for Omaha on Sunday for a college visit with my daughter, then to Chicago to look at three more. Yeah, I'm trying to convince her to stay in the midwest... I think she'll hate it if she can only come home for Christmas and summer.

Nice new name, MsJudy, and congrats on solving your revison problem. We're strictly on a last name basis in my classroom--my kiddos can't manage titles and names, so they call everyone by their last name only. It's pretty funny, actually, because my paras and I start doing the same (as in, "Go tell Smith to help you get the play-doh off your shoe,"), and we all sound like preteen boys. :)

Last edited by a moderator: