Last Game you have played...

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I wrapped up Final Fantasy XIII-2. It was better than its predecessor in some ways, but was disappointing in others, primarily in the storyline. The ending left me wanting, though, so I'm hoping there's a part 3.

Brian G. Wood

ALWAYS GRUMPY
Registered
Reaction score
I just discovered the Gabriel Knight trilogy yesterday and I spent all damn day playing the first one from beginning to end. That was a fine piece of storytelling.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I've been going through Resident Evil 5 on the hardest difficulty with a friend of mine. Damn. There is no margin for error in that. Enemies deal so much damage. You mess up, you die. Simple as that.

Satsya

slow and steady
Registered
Reaction score
Replaying Chrono Cross for the first time since I was a teenager. It was one of my favorites. Still fun.

I like Kid, so I wish she didn't spend so much of the game incapacitated. It's ridiculous -- she goes unconscious for a long period at least three times, for unrelated reasons. It's frustrating to only get a glimpse of her personality before she conks out again.

caffeine

Registered
Reaction score
Just got started on the PC release of Dark Souls yesterday.

This game is sadistic and unforgiving...and I'm okay with it :D

Six Alaric

The terror, the terror
Registered
Reaction score
Fired up another game of Fallout: New Vegas.

I love the rest of the Fallout series but something about this one feels lacking. It's hard to stay interested long enough to complete it. =/

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on New Vegas myself as well. I haven't played the other Fallout games, but I'm enjoying it. It has its good points...

... even if Obsidian can't get freakin' iron sights right.

Six Alaric

The terror, the terror
Registered
Reaction score
It's a good game. Just... bothersome how doing good things for one faction causes everyone else to automatically hate and shun you and fails rows of quests at a time.

That annoyance piles up fast and it isn't long before I'm one last crash/cazador attack away from putting it back on the shelf.

Brian G. Wood

ALWAYS GRUMPY
Registered
Reaction score
Just got started on the PC release of Dark Souls yesterday.

This game is sadistic and unforgiving...and I'm okay with it :D

Yeeeesssss. Good lord, Dark Souls and I have an abusive relationship. I bend over backwards and slam my head against the wall to gain some modicum of its approval. Sometimes I get so upset I have to leave for hours, days at a time, but I always come crawling back.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
It's a good game. Just... bothersome how doing good things for one faction causes everyone else to automatically hate and shun you and fails rows of quests at a time.

That's a worthwhile price to pay for grenading the hell out of Vulpes Inculta the moment I see him. >XD

But I do agree, especially looking at a list of the quests on the Fallout Wikia and seeing that there's about twice as many quests for the NCR as every other faction combined.

amblack

Stop, drop, and revolt!
Registered
Reaction score
A group of us played the Second Edition of the Game of Thrones board game. Really fun!

As for computer games, the Sims. I LOVE BEING GOD. And making friends with unicorns (seriously).

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Yeeeesssss. Good lord, Dark Souls and I have an abusive relationship. I bend over backwards and slam my head against the wall to gain some modicum of its approval. Sometimes I get so upset I have to leave for hours, days at a time, but I always come crawling back.

Have to admit I've craving doing back to both Dark and Demon's souls. Loved both games but never quite completed either of them. Rented Demon's souls loved it but had to return it and never actually bought it. Dark souls I did quite a lot of but after trying several different characters I kep finding myself getting fed up with tomb of giants and the crystal cave. Falling off invisible walkways and getting knocked off cliffs by giant skeletons got frustrating after the hundreth or so time and the build that I'd sunk 80 hours into wasn't really cutting it. However I keep going back to videos, forums and such for Dark souls, haven't played it in months and yet I just keep thinking about it.... Damn it, I've got some games to trade in I just might have to pick it up again. Kind of feels like going back to an abusive ex though....

tradingdavid

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently addicted to travian.us it's this online wargame sim thing. I also play boardgames every thursday. Last one was this jungle race game. It wasn't overly memorable. My favorite so far is probably eclipse race for the galaxy.

caffeine

Registered
Reaction score
Funny somebody mentions Dark Souls - I'm still going at it.

Beat Quelaag and finally got the hell out of Blighttown. What a nightmare that place was. The place was so dark and the game's brightness are so wonky it damn near gave me a headache navigating it. And then there's all those narrow and twisted walkways over instant-kill drops. I think those actually killed me more than the enemies themselves. And I am thankful those guys with the blowguns don't respawn.

Let it be known, I would not wish Blighttown on my worst enemy.

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Let it be known, I would not wish Blighttown on my worst enemy.

hehe, yeah it's an easy place to die but once you' learnt your way around and cleared out all the toxic guys it isn't too bad. Even the toxic darts aren't that bad if you're prepared. I actually find the infinite mosquito's the worst part, toxic dart guys don't respawn so eating a death to remove one I can live with, but those things just keep coming....
Though for reference with the master key is it possibly to avoid most of Blight town and if you check some videos you can make blightown much easier on yourself (some good items and places where you don't fall to your death but can actually shortcut) Check out youtube epicnamebro or agermanspy for some great video's.
Damn I'm going to play this game again aren't I....

Last edited:

February

Registered
Reaction score
The Sims 3. That game steals too much of my time.
OMG, another one.
I'm absolutely hooked on Sims3.

Only got Ambitions a month ago as I didn't want to stuff up my game.

I've read about a lot of problems people have on the Sims3 forums.

Can't wait for Seasons to come out, and I'll be glued to it forever!

Sad, but true!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Finished the Honest Hearts DLC for Fallout: New Vegas recently. While it has a lot of pretty scenery and more than a few nice new items and perks, the DLC questline is pretty dull. You could very well call Honest Hearts "Fetch Quest: The DLC".

Fortunately, the first ten minutes of Old World Blues makes me think it'll be more fun than Honest Hearts or Dead Money.

Also playing a bit of Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals on the side.

A.C. Thomas

Angie Thomas
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, another one.
I'm absolutely hooked on Sims3.

Only got Ambitions a month ago as I didn't want to stuff up my game.

I've read about a lot of problems people have on the Sims3 forums.

Can't wait for Seasons to come out, and I'll be glued to it forever!

Sad, but true!

Same here! I am so excited for Seasons. It was my favorite expansion pack for Sims 2. I've had some glitches but it seems that mods/hacks have helped a lot. Give them a try if you haven't already.

Back to the subject at hand, last game I played was Super Mario Galaxy. Yet another addiction.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Working my way through Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Lord I love SMT games. And Atlus on the whole.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Fired up some Fallout 3 this afternoon. Pretty much just biding my time until Tuesday and Dishonored.

Satsya

slow and steady
Registered
Reaction score
Playing WoW again. The Mists of Pandaria expansion turned out to actually be as good as hoped. Looks like they learned from the mistakes of Cataclysm.

The new continent has tons of interesting places to explore, nooks and crannies; music is fantastic, landscapes are gorgeous, and the questing is really fun and well-written. And thank everything the voice acting is actually good this time around. Plus with all the stuff they made account-wide, I'm warming up to playing Alliance-side again.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
I've been trying to get into Skyrim, but it feels like "i've done it" somehow. Still love the feel of the game, but there is little left to actually do that I haven't already done.

Now I have to decide between Dishonoured and "Of Orcs and Men". I don't know what to choose! I've seen very little OOAM-gameplay videos, but what I've seen looks good. Dishonoured makes me drool, but it's not an RPG - and I tend to love those the most. OOAM is an RPG; from the POV of an orc and a goblin no less.

It's being released on the 12th I believe.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
I am playing the old SNES Star Ocean. Quite enjoyable. The good 'ole days of the RPG.