Captain Power's Party Dirigible (complete with disco pool!)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Fundraiser cookie dough is here, the snickerdoodles are in the oven...

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I've added it to my 'to buy' list. I know I've said this before, but I love the cover!

I also love Pumpkin Cheesecake.

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
I love, love, love snickerdoodles, actually. :)

*pulls a chair up to the oven to wait till they're done*

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, the next batch gets more cinnamon. But, hey, it was for a good cause, right?

(ooh, my poor tummy.)

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Um ... I haven't had enough cake yet. :)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Okay, timp. Have some more. You deserve it. :D

Anyone ever had a McDonald's Frappe? I have a free coupon and I'm thinking of using it on my way home from work. Then again, it's cold and rainy, and feels like snow (which it had better not freaking do in November), so I might just go straight home and have some regular old coffee from a regular old pot. :rolleyes:

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Mine just came in the mail!

And I can't tell you how touched I am that you dedicated the book to me.:D

Last edited:

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Very exciting timp! :):):):):) Big congratulations to you!!
Jud-could I snag a snickerdoodle please?

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
well, there's one left, but it's a little stale.

But the chocolate croissants go in the oven in a few hours....

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
A chocolate croissant sounds awesome! :) Thanks!
I'll just snag that last stale snickerdoodle for my dog.
*Shoves cookie in mouth when no one is looking*

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
chocolate croissants? peppermint bark? okay, ladies, so where are the recipes so I can make some? This virtual stuff is fun and all, but very unfulfilling (gad, I know I probably spelled that wrong).

Seriously, I'm drooling.

And Timp - I forgot to write down your name when I went to the library, so I told them I only knew the author by the name of Timp 67. The librarian looked at me over her glasses like I was out of my mind, but I only shrugged and said, "sorry, that's all I've got. So she told me it's not even available to buy yet. I think she was just miffed because she thought I had an attitude.

So it's another long trip to the "big city" so I can buy it. Can't wait for this nonsense. Usually our library is very helpful getting me what I request, but SOMEONE must have been having a bad day.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
chocolate croissants come frozen from Trader Joe's, this really cool grocery chain we have in California and Oregon. sorry, no recipe!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Peppermint bark is SO easy to make! Melt a big white chocolate bar in a double boiler (aka a little pot, sitting over a bigger pot of boiling water). You could use regular milk chocolate if you want, but white chocolate is nice in the winer I think. Crunch up some candy canes with a hammer or any other destructive means you care to use. Crunch it up until all the pieces can be easily chomped. Stir all the pieces into the chocolate. Pour it into any size of pan, and let it cool. Then chomp!

Other good combos are milk chocolate with chocolate mint candy canes, white chocolate with orange candies, etc.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, kind of far for me to travel from the midwest for chocolate croissants. Bummer.

But I can make the bark. Thanks, kitty - but I detest white chocolate so I'll make it with dark. Yummy, can't wait!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
lol, was just out shopping & was right next door to trader joe's. Of course, I couldn't resist going in for some of those chocolate croissants! They do look delicious. I'll eat one in honor of your book, Tim!

Angela_785

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
thebookshelfmuse.blogspot.com
Peppermint bark is SO easy to make! Melt a big white chocolate bar in a double boiler (aka a little pot, sitting over a bigger pot of boiling water). You could use regular milk chocolate if you want, but white chocolate is nice in the winer I think. Crunch up some candy canes with a hammer or any other destructive means you care to use. Crunch it up until all the pieces can be easily chomped. Stir all the pieces into the chocolate. Pour it into any size of pan, and let it cool. Then chomp!

Other good combos are milk chocolate with chocolate mint candy canes, white chocolate with orange candies, etc.

Love the dark chocolate with pepermint candy canes. Or the Irish Cream ones, if you can find them. *drool*

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, kind of far for me to travel from the midwest for chocolate croissants. Bummer.

But I can make the bark. Thanks, kitty - but I detest white chocolate so I'll make it with dark. Yummy, can't wait!

There are Trader Joe's stores in the midwest, Sissy. So, you shouldn't have to go all the way to California to shop. :D

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
Trust me to be late to the party and miss all the food.

Just dropped by to say congratulations Timp, and if there's any butter croissants, I could be tempted to stay.