Critique Circle #2 [Europe Chapter] - 2011+2012 posts archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphee

In debt to AW
Registered
Reaction score
Bad news..my crit was all ready to go. But I've just gotten some comp ptoblems. Until I am sure my pc is clean I am not using that. Posting this from another PC.
10 best of luck will send you my crit via email, once i have things fixed.
will miss you guys today.

Ehab.Ahmed

Drifting Silently
Registered
Reaction score
That was a good session! Thanks for everyone who made it. I hope you got the best out of it, Ten :)

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'll do it, if none of the monthly winners would like to take it up.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Sophia :D
Sophi-YA!!

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
February BOC Announcement

Hi everyone,

The Best Openings Contest for February is now open! There are bonus points available if you incorporate any or all of this month's themes, which are:

• Heat
  • Rain
  • Crime

Be imaginative, don't settle for the first thing you think of, and have fun!

Please e-mail or PM me the first 150 words of your smashing story by 8:00 AM (GMT) on Wednesday 16th February.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Right, you terrible bunch of slackers, with just under 36 hours to go for entering the BOC, I thought I'd nudge you with some inspiration.

Here, if you haven't already seen this, are the six finalists, including the winner, of Nathan Bransford's recent opening paragraph contest. As well as explaining why those paragraphs were chosen out of the 1500 + entries, Nathan discusses some general things in the other entries that didn't work. Take a look if you have a moment, and perhaps it will give you something to spark off an opening of your own.

And then send it in to me, you lazy-arsed sluggards.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Lazy-arsed sluggards!!
I'll have you know I've been busting my lovely lady humps (in lieu of metaphorical ahems) on hotness, rain of sweat and a crimes of passion!!
C'mon lady (i'm eating Twizzlers) what's a girl got nom nom ta do nom ta get ...ooo a link...

Think i'll take my lazy arse on over.
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Danke, Sophi-YAAA

Last edited:

Raphee

In debt to AW
Registered
Reaction score
And I was up all night, thinking of rain, heat and crime. All I could come up with was De...I mean Twizzlers.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all,

There are just over 12 hours left before the results are announced! If anyone else wants to speak their mind on our stalwart writers' entries, please do so! So far, the comments have tended towards almost unbearably harsh and cruel. If YOU don't comment, the entrants are all going to be crying. I'm just saying.

Comments invited from everyone, whether you entered or not!

Lauretta

In the fantasy word.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ciliegino.dallemieparti.net
I promise! I'll send you mine before midnight!! Do I have to be as accurate as everybody else? Or just a "no sci-fi for me or I'm going to fork out my eyes thanks" will be enough?

:D

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Do I have to be as accurate as everybody else? Or just a "no sci-fi for me or I'm going to fork out my eyes thanks" will be enough?

Has been until now! (Ba doom tish!)

Seriously, I just want a succinct literary analysis of the main themes and philosophical layers present in the works, with particular attention paid to the subtle humorous nods to modern literary movements that so many entries displayed. Midnight? You have until 8:00 AM tomorrow - see how benevolent I am?

Recount? Yeah, I've got your recount right here. *Knocks off a point from Derek's total. Oh, never needed to handle a negative score before, hmm...*

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Or just a "no sci-fi for me or I'm going to fork out my eyes thanks"

Hell yea! We can Shrekerize them eyeballs in some cajun batter, dip'em in a deep fry. Mm mmm. Laur, you and me are taking a trip over to the Hound's picnic, later. It's a covered dish wear something

Ah, ya know, if you don't have anything to say, go into our previous crit chats, copy/paste Sophia's comments and slap it in an email.

*don't judge me*

Status
Not open for further replies.