Aww, man. Wendy...

<3

Don't go too far.

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Dear CactusWendy,

Your charm, wit & good nature have always seemed transcendent to me (faster than a speeding reppie and able to leap virtual reality in a single post) and I have faith that your spirit is just as clever and adept.

Safe Journey, dear one.
oxoxoxo

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Peace and light to you, Wendy. You've made this place and our lives so much richer for having shared yourself with us.

We love you, lady.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I only spoke to Wendy once, years ago, but this is really saddening news. My prayers to her and her family.

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Wendy, what a beautiful presence you've been on this board! May his peace and love surround you and your family, and may whatever time you have, whether days or years, be well-lived.

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. I've never spoken to Wendy, but I always enjoy her posts. Hugs to you, Wendy, and all your family.

Last edited:

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how I didn't see this thread. I knew something was up, from things elsewhere on the boards, but I never imagined...

Wendy, you and I only spoke a few times, and that was years ago, but I always loved seeing you around here. I'll miss you greatly, dear lady.

Love and prayers to you and yours.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine AW without her. Who will greet the newbies? :(

We will, I think. Wendy will live on with us. She made the boards a little kinder, a little friendlier, a little more loving. We surely cannot let that extra bit of love disappear. It should multiply instead.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
So many come to AW to get help, support, advice, information. Wendy came here to give it. :heart:

I'm heartbroken.

She would send me reps to tell me I'd done something well. Always in the background, quietly supporting, giving hugs and smiles, sending encouragement when we doubted ourselves. She will be so so missed.

Love you, Wendy! I hope your journey is peaceful and gentle.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to know CactusWendy very well. I think she's the one who asked me what kind of popcorn I wanted which I thought was the sweetest thing. I don't feel worthy to write anything to a woman so nice that I could easily love by proxy. But I can second the feelings and thoughts of her close friends and all the other members here at AW that were touched by her.

This is what I wish for you CactusWendy. Godspeed and may God's warm embrace make you feel the things that we can not feel until we join you one sweet day. Also this lyric came to me when I was thinking about you:

"You're in the arms of the angel, CactusWendy
May you find some comfort there."

partial lyrics by Sarah McLachlan

Solunar

Treading the Borderland
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no! She was one of the first few to greet me. I've also read a few of her posts around the forums and she's such a great contributor here. May she find comfort.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
CactusWendy, it's a year yesterday since you welcomed me to Aw. Don't forget to welcome me again when the time comes. Not goodbye, but see you later. Remember the popcorn.
Nick.

frolzagain

Registered
Reaction score
So sad to hear this. I didn't know her well but appreciate all she did for writers on here. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Terribly sad and shocked to hear this news. Wendy was a fixture here always, and the first greeter of newbies.

Wendy, you will be missed beyond measure, but I feel sure you will be watching over us when your time comes.

Godspeed.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Great love and respect for CactusWendy, and to all her family and friends who are with her on her last journey. She will be so missed here.

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
May Wendy be welcomed into the next life with the same sense of kindness and cheer she welcomed us here at AW.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. May Wendy find peace and happiness in her next journey.

EM

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Cactus Wendy, Don't know if you'll ever see this but I want to thank you for all the kind notes you sent me in the rep section, and know that you had a kindred spirit who loves to laugh as much as you do. We had some belly laughs here and we'll both take them with us where ever we go, God bless......don.....