Blogs for Children's Book Reviews

Reaction score
I have a self-published children's/middle-grade book (Elsbett & Robin Take On A-Nasty-Sia) and want to promote it, since it hasn't been selling at all on it's own - which is understandable, given that no one has even heard of it.

What are the best blogs with good traffic and engaged readers to have review a children's book?

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I don't have any blogs that review a book for that age group. However, I have two recommendations: First, search Google for: kids/children book review blogs/blogger. Most have tabs about their review policies.

Also, check out books similar to yours on Amazon. A lot of time you can find reviewers with links to their websites or e-mail address if you click on their name.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Bonnie Ferrante

Bonnie Ferrante
Registered
Reaction score
Website
my.tbaytel.net
Blog for reviewing children's books

Hi, I'm Bonnie Ferrante, a hybrid author. My short stories, newspaper articles and columns, and novels have been published traditionally. I have begun simultaneously self-publishing novels and picture books and am doing my own illustrations. I received an Ontario Arts Council Writers Works in Progress grant to complete a YA paranormal historical which will be published by Tradewind Books in British Columbia. "Leya: Sphere of Vision Book One," my most recent YA book was completed with the support of an OAC Northern Arts grant. I was a grade school teacher for thirty-three years, ten of those as a teacher-librarian. I have a blog where I review picture books, and the occasional YA or MG, so if you're looking for a review, drop me a line. http://bferrante.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/free-picture-book-reviews/ Read the rules before submitting please.

wallfull

author, psychologist, speaker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.EileenKennedyMoore.com
Here's one list: http://www.bookrevieweryellowpages.com/. It lists what types of books people do or don't review, submission instructions, and how long the blog has existed.
You may also want to join SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators, www.scbwi.org) to get access to The Book (under resources), which contains, among other things, a list of reviewers.

Last edited: