Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
2156 today. Didn't quite get to the explosions, but they're coming up. Did start the Big Reveal, though (or at least part of it).

My goal is to get through this scene, and one denouement scene, by the end of the month. And then...the filling in begins, but at least I don't have some t-shirt-driven deadline for that part. :D

Go team - great work today! :hooray: TheIT, I know you can do it. :e2cheer:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice wordage, Liz and Saoirse!

Hit over 1500 yesterday at the day job, and today is a little busier, but still managed 583. Not spectacular, but I'll take it. :D

ETA: I just noticed that I'm over 2500 post! :D

Last edited:

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I finished NaNo. Apparently that gave me such a boost that I added over 5k to my WIP since then. I might actually finish the WIP's first draft soon, too.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Silly question but do you guys here do this sort of thing every month? (MTS Newbie Question alert!)

Cause if so, I'm in for next month!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Silly question but do you guys here do this sort of thing every month? (MTS Newbie Question alert!)

Yes, every month we start a new thread, thanks to our glorious Mod, HJ. It always has a unique name, such as this months thread, and we cheer and prod each other along. Now, you don't have to get 500 words to post here, as you can no doubt see from some of the postings. This is more for camaradirie and encouragement. But the most important thing to remember is to JUST HAVE FUN. :D

Oh yes, almost forgot, there will be chocolate. ;)

P.S. HJ, I vote for next months thread to be Decadent December.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, according to Scrivener, I did 5,140 today!

Still not going to win Nano though. I seem to do year on year off with that. So I should manage it next year if I keep to pattern.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Nice wordage, Liz and Saoirse!

Hit over 1500 yesterday at the day job, and today is a little busier, but still managed 583. Not spectacular, but I'll take it. :D

ETA: I just noticed that I'm over 2500 post! :D

Thanks! Awesome wordage of yours too!!!

Well, I finished NaNo. Apparently that gave me such a boost that I added over 5k to my WIP since then. I might actually finish the WIP's first draft soon, too.

Whoohoooo! That is awesome!

Yep. I've been participating since October, and it's so much fun!

Haven't been here that long myself, but - yeah, since I joined at least.

Be warned, though: Sometimes we get silly.

Oh yeah. ;)

Yes, every month we start a new thread, thanks to our glorious Mod, HJ. It always has a unique name, such as this months thread, and we cheer and prod each other along. Now, you don't have to get 500 words to post here, as you can no doubt see from some of the postings. This is more for camaradirie and encouragement. But the most important thing to remember is to JUST HAVE FUN. :D

Oh yes, almost forgot, there will be chocolate. ;)

P.S. HJ, I vote for next months thread to be Decadent December.

I second that!

Pounded out another 433 words this afternoon, on top of the 583 this morning, to finish with 1016! :D That now officially takes the WIP to over 20K!! :hooray: (20,006)

Awesome!!! Wonderful!

Ooh, according to Scrivener, I did 5,140 today!

Still not going to win Nano though. I seem to do year on year off with that. So I should manage it next year if I keep to pattern.

S'ok. Progress is progress. I haven't even hit 25k this month. But it's 25k more than I had before.

Cool, I'll defo do it next month!

Or should that be in 2 days - where has the year gone?

Good question. I can still remember New Year's and starting this year. And now it's almost over!

Nothing for me today. I took a wrong turn or something. I need to navel gaze ponder things. But I will be proofreading for a friend. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
2035 today. I may end the chapter right here; it's kind of cliff-hanger-y, although I didn't plan it that way. I think I like it like this.

My goal for tomorrow is to break 65K. I am very close, so it should be doable. And then I have to decide what to commit to for Decadent December...

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at about 40K on NaNo and still writing tonight. Nice birthday today despite the rain. Lunch with my best friend and writing - what else could one ask for?

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Dragged myself out of bed at 5:30am and managed 840 words, but it was a struggle and I think they are mostly rubbish words.

Have to venture out into the cold and frosty London morning now to the EDJ.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
First words last night since... well, my last post here (two weeks or something? *groan*).

Anyway, it's not all bad. 1,428 words, and some of them may even stay the final cut.

Great work to everyone else - I am in awe of your wordage. And welcome IAMWRITER - get going now, don't wait for next month! :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday TheIT! :Cake:

Congrats to everyone who's got words. Last day of NaNo for those participating!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at about 40K on NaNo and still writing tonight. Nice birthday today despite the rain. Lunch with my best friend and writing - what else could one ask for?

Happy Birthday, TheIT.:PartySmil

Great word count everyone. I shall usher November out with a miserly 479 words. Tomorrow, however, is a new month and a new word count.:D

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Happy B-Day, TheIT. You're 21, right? ;)

Even though HJ has put up the December to Dismember post, I will resist posting wordage there until tomorrow. Not a great showing, but got 550 words today, and combined with the past two days, that's an average of 3K words per day. :D Don't know if I will get any more in tonight or not, and if I don't, I still ended November on a high note by passing the 20K mark on the WIP.

See you all in December! :hi:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Happy belated birthday, TheIT! You are a spring chicken. :D

Well, I finished the month with another 1467 words and a lot of doubts. I still think there is a story here, but structurally it's quite a mess right now. My husband tells me I said the same thing last year, so I suppose I'll be optimistic - but boy, right now it feels like a little bitty echo of something that might, someday, in the right light, turn out to be an actual novel.

And oh, it has been FUN writing something new!

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Just hit the 50K on NaNoWriMo after bashing out about 14K words in three days. Time to collapse for a while now...

:e2thud:

And thanks for the birthday wishes! That's right, Ken, I'm 21 for the 24th time this year. ;)

Now to decide what to do in December...

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Well done everyone doing NaNo this year! (I'm not counting my feeble effort, since I only had about two days writing).

Onwards into the new month and loads of words!

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I am late getting this up, but during NaNo, I finished about 3/4 of a novel. However, I ended up not adding anything to it the last 8 days or so of November thanks to some very welcome distractions. I was really happy with how much writing I got done, but I was even more happy with the lessons that I learned during November. I am putting the NaNo project on the shelf for the time being and focusing on a few other aspects of my life that I think are even more important, such as family and faith. These things have had such a profound impact upon my life the last few weeks that my writing has taken a totally different direction. I'm going to finish this story at some point, but I have to focus on these other things first.

I'm glad that everyone got so much done during the month of November. Let's keep writing in December and throughout all of '13!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Too busy with the book launch.

You do realize that this, in and of itself, is awesome. :hooray: :hooray:

And Matt - life always feeds our writing, even when we're not actually putting words down. New directions are always exciting - and you know, 3/4 of a novel is nothing to sneeze at!