CONGRATULATIONS DREAMS, VISIONS, OR NIGHTMARES CONTEST WINNERS!

Perscribo

Pound cake.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.perscribo.com
You know what's really cool? Everyone scored some points. To be honest, I didn't expect to fare too well considering I threw my piece together at the last minute (not to mention the fierce competition), and I am now incredibly honored to see that at least three people voted for it. No doubt the incredible voter turnout had a lot to do with that. I also want to give a shout out to the poems I voted for:

1. Place of Lizard Dreams
2. Schizoaffective Re-Order
3. Bouganvilleas Remind Me of You

I relied heavily on my first impression, and found these moved me the most after a single read. Truly beautiful and evocative language.

Flowerfairy

Lady Entropia
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Perscribo, for your time and vote. I am so humbled:)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, winners! I am sure there is going to be a knock down dragout over the magnetic words! :) tee hee!

What a successful contest. Thank you Ambrosia, for hosting us. And to everyone who promoted voting.

I find myself in a bradb and Susie sandwich! :) wow. Great names to be surrounded by.

Good job to all!

I'm so glad to be in that sammich myself! :D :Cake:s for all!

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for participating in the contest, Harry. :)

How's your Western contest going? And shouldn't you have a link in your sig line so people can click it to take them to the entries? (Hint, hint). ;)

*blushes*

Yes, yes I should. In fact, I thought I did. But I don't! School boy error.

The western contest is going good. Entries and voting rules up in the Western SYW. Currently we're having a bot of a vote to see whether we employ the Assauer/Ambrosia method of vote promotion. :)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
*blushes*

Yes, yes I should. In fact, I thought I did. But I don't! School boy error.

The western contest is going good. Entries and voting rules up in the Western SYW. Currently we're having a bot of a vote to see whether we employ the Assauer/Ambrosia method of vote promotion. :)

It would be great if everyone who voted in the Poetry Contest would stop by and read the offerings in the Western Contest. The diversity of the stories makes it well worth the time to read them all and vote. I didn't want to stop reading until the end and it was worth the journey, to be sure.

Just in case you missed the link in Harry's sig line - :)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Currently we're having a bot of a vote to see whether we employ the Assauer/Ambrosia method of vote promotion. :)

Hey-Hey now! that's the Ambrosia/Assauer method and don't you...

oh wait.. Say it again that way... I kinda liked that...

;)

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Reading my way through the Western entries as we speak...it'll be a while before I vote but I will. :D

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Hey-Hey now! that's the Ambrosia/Assauer method and don't you...

oh wait.. Say it again that way... I kinda liked that...

;)

Since you asked -

Ambrosia/Assauer method, Ambrosia/Assauer method, Ambrosia/Assauer... :)

Hmmm...

Assauer/Ambrosia method, Assauer/Ambrosia method, Assauer/Ambrosia...

(got carried away...)

It sounds pretty good both ways... :Thumbs:

Last edited:

Flowerfairy

Lady Entropia
Registered
Reaction score
Nice reminder, Brad. Yes, I wish everyone who voted in this poetry contest and even more would vote in the Western contest. I have just read the first two posts. Tomorrow, another two or more.

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
:Cake:s for you, dear braditude 'n all! :Hug2:s

Yes, I'll vote in the Western. Thx for the reminder, Flower.

Last edited:

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As mentioned yesterday, I wanted to shine a light on some stuff in this excellent poetry contest. :)

Here's me votes

1st: # 20 - Fevered

2nd: # 17 - Under No Circumstances

3rd: # 24 - Last Night I saw Pauline

Boy was it both hard and a pleasure to choose -- all the above (except my first place choice) had lines in them I really disliked, but in the end there was so much exceptional stuff in there they took my top three spots. :)

As for the rest (and rest is an unfortunate term as they were all good) ...

My Love of Movies
was really great -- I loved these lines.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]They were so still before he came;[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ate buttercups[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]and sucked tea from sugarcubes,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]danced on pinheads,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]occasionally chewed bones[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Bouganvilleas Remind Me of You[/FONT]
wouldv'e been in my top three but I couldn't decide whether 'Colon's winds' were from Colin or his colon! Still, the poem was excellent and evocative and full of emotion for me and just missed out on my top three.

Some poems I loved but discounted for brevity ...

Crackaleur, Place of Lizard Dreams, Six Million Dollars and An Old Man's Amazement ...

all were brilliant but, for me, too short -- yes, I agree they had beyond page meaning and were the right length for the poem they were, still I liked 'em so much I wanted more. Even if more would've spoiled 'em. Hows that for the Hoskins Condition!

For a great first line, Summers Drums '[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]June night and moonlight' [/FONT]
was difficult to beat and Replay was up there too. As was Sleep drops a Dream.

As for the others, I could see how good they were -- but they didn't tweak my poetry nipples so much. That said, every single poem in the contest had something that drew me in and I could appreciate -- be it a few lines or an image and that makes me figure everyones a winner.

Well done all. :)

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
good stuff all round.

great way to keep the poetry fires a burning.

might submit an aul ditty meself next time...

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic result, everyone - well done. Wonderful contest, and congratulations to all!

Currently we're having a bot of a vote to see whether we employ the Assauer/Ambrosia method of vote promotion. :)

If it involves unsolicited PM's to members, the answer, according to Mac, is... well, no. The enthusiasm is very much appreciated and encouraged - see the post immediately following that one - but spam isn't really the way.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An Old Man's Amazement did it for me - totally!

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the winner! And congrats to the second places too!

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic result, everyone - well done. Wonderful contest, and congratulations to all!

If it involves unsolicited PM's to members, the answer, according to Mac, is... well, no. The enthusiasm is very much appreciated and encouraged - see the post immediately following that one - but spam isn't really the way.

Thanks for letting us know. Would've been better if you had of said something when this method was employed in the poetry contest and then it wouldn't even had come up. :)

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
I've been AWOC and just now saw this. Congrats to the winners.

ETA: Shoot, the pic in post 15 is blocked at work. I'll have to wait till I get home tonight, after writer's group, to see where I placed. I can wait the three or four hours.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. Would've been better if you had of said something when this method was employed in the poetry contest and then it wouldn't even had come up. :)
Yeah, okay, except I had no idea it *was* being used. No one mentioned it to me, and I never saw it. And we all know how we feel about getting unsolicited mail in real life, so it would've been worth discussing first.

Again, the enthusiasm and the wanting to give back is something to celebrate, and something that helps make this place as wonderful as it is. All is well, but as Mac has said, let's just not do it quite that way next time, that's all.

Now then, let's just celebrate. What an amazing contest, beautifully run and well entered.

Last edited:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally got my head out of the fog long enough to notice the poem results are posted. Congrats to the winners!!!! I actually voted for the top three winners, so I guess I can spot a good poem even if I can't write one. Though it admittedly was tough to narrow it down.

Awesome works of art everyone!!