Minotaur Books/MWA first novel contest 2015

GD'Bohun

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has submitted to this contest:
http://us.macmillan.com/minotaurbooks/writing-competitions
Reason I ask is that I didn't receive the promised email confirmation after sending my story. Wasn't sure if they got it, so I emailed the rules/guidelines link to ask about it. No response (and no surprise there...) So I filled out the form again, attached my story and sent it off. Again, no response. Is this contest dead? Are they waiting to confirm receipt until after the 12/15/2014 deadline? I haven't a clue, so I ask here...

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Many years ago, when I entered this contest, you had to send along a stamped, self addressed postcard if you wanted confirmation that they received your printed out manuscript. I think it's probably changed since then. :)

Edited to add: the deadline then was December 31st, and I remember searching for a post office that was actually open past noon on New Year's Eve. Had to drive all the way to Manchester.

Last edited:

GD'Bohun

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it's just a cyber form now, fill in your contact info, attach document, hit send. The lack of a confirmation is the real mystery in this contest...Usually such systems send an auto-response email.

Chimerical

Registered
Reaction score
I applied too. I uploaded my manuscript. I got a screen saying there would be an email message and there wasn't.