Decollated December - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go, Saoirse!

Liz, I envy your "meager wordage days"!

275 net for me today, after edits. I believe I'm done! Will get some beta feedback, do another pass through it after that, then submit and start the next one. :partyguy:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Thanks, Intro and Liz!

Liz, sometimes we just need to blow things up. ;)

CONGRATS Intro on being done!

Up to page 21 on the final edit pass. Slowing down due to holiday stuff, but I'm determined to get this done on time.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'll do it, Saoirse!

Did a final edit pass on my WIP, and submitted it to an online magazine with incredibly fast turnarounds -- average only 2 days! :Wha: Might hear back by Xmas, gulp! ;)

Opened a new Scrivener project for the next WIP. Some fits & starts to get the right feel for the opening scene, but I think I've got it now. 321 words.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, Saoirse! And congratulations on the submission, Intro! Looking forward to the new story.

2,126 tonight. Found myself needing a chapter that wasn't in the outline. This is all falling out a bit differently than I thought it would, which is OK so far. It seems to come out all right as long as I don't think about how fast I'm supposed to be doing this. :)

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it happened. The semester is over. I cleaned the apartment, I wrapped Christmas presents and then I wrote stuff. Not a lot and it was mostly editing, but it's still a plus of 200.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:PartySmilasroc!
Me, I wrote a grand new-total of 9 words today. Woohoo, yay me! :evil Still trying to get my head into the new characters.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, asroc! :e2cheer: And getting to know new characters counts as work, Intro.

2,323 tonight. My found chapter has given me a different perspective on my plot. Not radical changes, but it will mean some revisions. I'm guessing between tweaking what I have and adding new stuff, I've got an additional 40-50K I need to add to this draft. And then I'll need to rip about about 20K of it. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, Saoirse! :hooray:

2,103 tonight. Should have done more, since tomorrow we're having everyone we're related to over for dinner, and I suspect words will not happen.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
There have been no words from me for a little while, since the run-up to the festive season has been a bit manic.

After today, however, I am off from the day job until 5 January, so after the madness of Christmas Day is done I hope to knuckle down and get some writing done.

In the meantime, I wish my fellow scribes all the best for the festive season. I hope Santa brings you all many words!!

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Got some more writing done. I don't know how much, but I edited several scenes. Won't get much done in the next few days, though. Curse the day job.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Forgot to pick up my stupid hard drive with the MS on it before I left Glasgow so the only progress I've made is jotting down a few plot notes. Meh.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Switched gears, to writing a short space-opera SF instead. Writing "lighter", slower-paced stuff doesn't seem to be working so well for me to date. :tongue

280 words, a bunch of world-building, and a semblance of plot today.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'd like to have an argument, please. Wrote 2,786 of a big fight. I am cautiously optimistic that I will finish this section of the book by the end of the year.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I haven't been around for a while. As an annus horribilis is coming to an end I have an opportunity now during Christmas to get back to my writing. A new story that has been brewing for quite a while, and I wrote a sort of outline for it. And finally yesterday managed to write the first chapter. First draft and all that, so most likely it will change or end up being deleted, but it's a start, and I'm very pleased.
I have a very simple writing program and no word- or pagecount, so chapters it is! :)

Will try to continue today.

I wish everyone a nice Christmas, with or without writing :)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Crikey, look at you lot all writing on Christmas Day. I played video games and ate mince pies :D

Merry Christmas to you all :)

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Been MIA since my surgery, but getting better and actually started writing again today. Not a lot so far, but hope to get a ton before the day is out. Having triple bypass surgery and surviving is an eye opener and makes you think about life. No, I'm not going to wax philosophical, just want to say that I am grateful for all of my friends on AW and in life. Hopefully I will be posting on here for years to come. :D

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Waving to MsDashwood! :welcome:)

OSG, you did exactly what one should do on holiday. There's work ethic, and then there's Liz. I osmose enough from her to write even on holidays now. :D

Ken, it's truly good to hear that you're writing again and feeling better! Here's to many more years ahead!

310 net wordage for me today.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
:hi: Nice to see everyone! :Sun:

2,208 tonight. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of this bit of the WIP, and then I'm on to the last third, which will include all the stuff that will make me have to go back and change the beginning. Hooray?

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you are feeling better Ken, and well done to all of those who managed Christmas words!

I did not, but I decided to try and ease back into it. Aimed for 500 words today and got 708.

Am working on a short story I am supposed to have finished by 31 December. Still rather a lot more to do and only four days to do it in, but I am going to leave it there today. Muse is still being a bit elusive. Actually I think she's fast asleep after stuffing herself full of turkey and mince pies.

I hope for a better output tomorrow.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
:waves to everyone:

:cheers all progress:

Welcome back Ken! Glad you're writing again.

I'm on page 150. Been sicky over the holiday which slowed me down considerably. :( Feeling better now.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Well done on writing, everyone, and good to hear you're doing well, Ken.

Hi, Introversion :hi:

Wrote half of chapter 2 yesterday and finished it today.
Very pleased :)

Maybe there will be a start of chapter 3 later.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, guys. All the support and well wishes mean a lot. You have my heart.

FreeVector-Beating-Heart-Graphicssmall_zps61c499c5.jpg