Necation November - 500 words a day, all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Liz - That's what I always say. ;)

Ken - Excellent work!

Shara - Good luck with that final draft.

Jamesaritchie - Wow, that's an impressive wordcount, even though it wasn't on a novel. God luck with your writing this month!

THANK YOU everyone for your congratulations. I've gone from giddy excitement to worried. I hope the book doesn't suck. I started the revision last night, got 4 pages done.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I'm sure it doesn't suck, Erin. :D

Off to a moderate start this morning. Just pounded out 187 new words and once I counted, it hit me. One-eight-seven is the code, (slang), for murder in the California Penal Code. And I'm writing in the killers POV! Coincidence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/187_(slang)

ETA: Wow, the killer really opened up today. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, as he is one sick and twisted SOB. Pounded out another 341 words in his POV, which brings it to 528 for the morning. Not great, but not shabby either. If you'd like to get a look into his mind, which is not for the faint of heart, I posted some in the LOD thread.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'm sure the book is lovely, Erin. And now all you have to do is shape it! Hooray!

Nice word count, Ken, and creepy excerpt. Yikes. I am a wimp. :)

2,182 tonight, on top of reusing a bit I'd written before. (The reused bit doesn't go to the NaNo count, but it does go to the MS count.)

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty good start to November, with three early-morning writing sessions in a row this week. Sleep is becoming a distant memory (since this means getting up at 5:20am), but it does mean I've made some progress with my edits on the WIP.

Three chapters revised this morning, though not many changes made. I keep thinking the further I get in, the more changes are going to have to be made. I know the ending's going to be a lot different, so it's the run up to that I have to watch out for.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Happy belated birthday, Bob. :partyguy:

Nice wordage, Lucie.

Damn, Shara, and I thought I was an early bird. Good luck on the editing and revisions.

Not a lot for me today. Had too many errands to run and still job hunting. No luck so far, and I have to say I'm getting little discouraged. But I'm hanging in there and putting the time off to good use. Only managed 237 today, and this should be easy since it's in Cal's POV and not the killers. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_dBep_55mI

ETA: Got back to the WIP and found that I had a little gas left, so added another 166 to the chapter. Brings me to a whopping 403 for the day. Cest' la vie.

Last edited:

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Great job, everyone. Goose egg for me yesterday. Still trying to figure out the plot twist that got dropped in my lap. That, and my laptop is back in the shop over a dead cooling fan.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Sorry to hear about the plot twist conundrum and the dead cooling fan, Bob. Hope you have the laptop back soon and figure out the plot twist.

Goose egg for me today also. Took time away from the WIP for some mindless entertainment. Interstellar came out today and decided to go see it. While it was a good movie, despite the fact that Matthew McConaughey starred in it, I have to say it was a bit too long. Total run was 169 minutes! And that was just when the credits started rolling! Great special effects, slow story line. I give it 4 stars.

Sorry, way off topic, but had to warn others.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Well I might as well jump into the fray here. :) I'm sort of being a nano rebel, plus I have editing and wrote a story for our history quarterly on people who ran awy to join the circus pre1900. I'm up to 6,552 words. Not sure I'll make that 50k this year, but what the heck.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry to hear about your laptop, Bob. I hope it recovers quickly.

Ken, I'd heard some iffy things about Interstellar. My better half is going to see it next week with a friend of his, and I'm not sure they've ever managed to choose a movie that didn't turn out to be a disappointment. At 169 minutes...I'll wait for Netflix, thanks. :)

History, that's a pretty good start for NaNo!

Saoirse, having just been through editing myself - congratulations on 20 pages in one night. Revising is its own special kind of exhausting, but it's well worth it.

I wrote 2,034 tonight. The right things are happening, but in the wrong order. (I think I had the same status a week ago. Obviously I have not repaired the problem. :))

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
AWesome wordage, Liz.

No words on either of the WIP's today, but did some plotting on a new project I may or may not take on. After releasing Kelli's brief bio yesterday, I had an idea today of possibly doing a prequel to the series. Of course I want to get Kelli's feedback first, and she's not taking my calls. That's the thanks I get for writing her books. :Shrug:

Good luck and good writing!

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Great news, Liz and Ken. Finally broke through and figured out who my antagonist's daughter is and how she's going to fit in the plot. 1500 words or so in outlining, but I think I've got a much better feeling for the last 4-5 chapters.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Prequel sounds nifty, Ken!

Congratulations on breaking through, Bob! I am still waiting for plot epiphanies, myself. :)

2,101 tonight, including about 700 words that were like pulling teeth and will be jettisoned as soon as I'm a the point where I'm editing instead of spewing out words like a monkey at a typewriter hoping some of it will make sense.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
2,101 tonight, including about 700 words that were like pulling teeth and will be jettisoned as soon as I'm a the point where I'm editing instead of spewing out words like a monkey at a typewriter hoping some of it will make sense.

Liz hard at work on her WIP. :tongue
monkeyatatypewriter_zps85dfbf9d.png

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I was hoping you'd like it. Took a lot of work with Photoshop® to get the old typewriter in there. :tongue

Well, I spoke too soon. Got the basic backstory down and started on the prequel tonight. Managed to pound out 461 words in about 20 minutes. Off to a decent start, considering I just came up with the idea this morning. Still no word from Kelli, turned her cell off, but what the hell. As we used to say in the precinct, it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. Of course we weren't facing an angry woman with a Glock either. :scared:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
One more chapter amended this morning. I'm over the halfway mark now!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided, though it's a bit late, to jump on the NaNo wagon. I've worked out if I do about 3,000 words a day I can still get 50,000 on time, so here goes.

Not quite at target today but it'll do. 1,662 which is one chapter of a new story, a murder mystery set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Right now it has only very sketchy research in terms of the Ukrainian police and National Guard, but I'm working off the 'can edit it later' theory...

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Excellent work, everyone! And nice start, Zelenka. Welcome to NaNo. :)

2,031 tonight. I am now a the point where I am going to need to actually think about what happens next. Because surely something has to happen next...right???

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Second 5:20am start this week for writing, and my brain is fried. And I still have to get through the day job today.

However, on the plus side I have amended two more chapters this morning.