Decollated December - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Sent out a bunch of queries, and quietly fuming now that a couple of the agencies have sent auto-replies saying they're closed to queries in December. Why they couldn't make that clear on their websites instead of making me feel like I've broken the rules, I don't know.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I elegantly solved a plot problem today. Then I read over it and realized that Character 1 doing A causes Character 2 to do B—but 1 only does A because B already happened.

So, net is still zero.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sent out a bunch of queries, and quietly fuming now that a couple of the agencies have sent auto-replies saying they're closed to queries in December. Why they couldn't make that clear on their websites instead of making me feel like I've broken the rules, I don't know.

No rules broken, and least now you're in the queue! :D

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I elegantly solved a plot problem today. Then I read over it and realized that Character 1 doing A causes Character 2 to do B—but 1 only does A because B already happened.

So, net is still zero.

Urg. Sympathies. I hate that kind of thing.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I seem to have a habit of missing out words when I'm typing though. And one sentence I had to take out entirely because I don't know if it was a typo or if I was referring to something but it made no sense at all.

:) I get whole chapters like this sometimes.

Well....
My net today is going to be something like -12,500. I discovered a plot hole that almost qualified as a Too Stupid To Live moment. So the bad news is, I'm going to cut a couple of chapters. The good news is, the action should tighten up a bit, and I can still pretty much use a couple of late scenes I already had mapped out in my head.

:Hug2: Frustrating, I'm sure; but I'm betting you're right, and it'll read really well with the cuts.

You have broken nothing. Out Of Office Autoreply, almost certainly. And now you know they've received it! :)

So, net is still zero.

Ah, yes. Writing is 10% plot and 90% continuity. (And 10% whacking your head against a brick wall.)

302 words for me today.

Yay for words! :e2cheer:

I nuked almost 700 tonight rewriting a bit I was originally going to throw away entirely. Didn't get as far as I wanted, but I think it came out OK.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've got about 4,000 words today but I don't know how many I cut out, as this is all editing / rewrites at the moment. But I am now 55 pages into the edit.

I also subbed a story today!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
onesecond, I completely sympathize. It takes me hours to send a query, customized in their format, even when my basic synopsis is set. What a waste for them not to mention that.

Asroc,that's one down,right? Introversion, good total.

Liz, I Don't know how the heck you are concentrating right now but great for you!

Zelenka, good luck on the subs.

I wrote a query and a scene. Actually broke 500 words total fir a change. The query is in QHL getting slashed up,however. But that's great because it's what I need. Feel free to help slice-n-dice it if you want.

Take care,

Lucie

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Urg. Sympathies. I hate that kind of thing.

For a second I did consider just having him stumble on a portal and introducing a stable time loop, but that might be a little out of place in a contemporary crime fiction story. Still haven't completely ruled it out...

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I nuked almost 700 tonight rewriting a bit I was originally going to throw away entirely. Didn't get as far as I wanted, but I think it came out OK.

You are my knight in shining inspirational armor. :kiss:

I also subbed a story today!

Good luck with the sub! :Thumbs:

I wrote a query and a scene. Actually broke 500 words total fir a change.

Nice! :Clap:

I finished one scene and started another, for 404 net words added. I'm pleased with that.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Up to page 154. 60% done.

Woohoo! Excellent! Over the hump!

I started editing a scene last night and ended up writing a new one, 450 words like old times. :snoopy:

Yeah, I'll bet Snoopy-dancing was exactly what it felt like! :D Congrats!

An unexpected 423 words for me tonight. Felt like writing in word-flypaper at first, and I figured I'd do well to reach 200 all glued together awkwardly. :tongue

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all!

758 words of the new WIP written this morning.

And I got to the end of Chapter 1. Feels like great progress!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
68 pages into the edit / rewrite. Think I've added about 4,000 words now and most of it has been new, rather than removing stuff. I'm very close to the halfway point in the book.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Yay, Lucie!

Introversion - Hey, progress is progress no matter how it's done. ;)

Hugs, Liz!

Whoohoo, Shara!

Zelenka, awesome wordage. I'd kill for a 4k day.

Up to page 166. I managed to sell 51 copies of my debut novel, Fey Touched. It's the first time I made so many sales in such a short period (24 hours) and it's the most I've ever sold in one month. So that's like, huge. I participated in a promotion that started Sunday and ended yesterday, $.99 books for sale.

Also, my book made it to #76 in the Sci-fi/Time travel category in the Kindle store. :D Made my week!

ETA - I sold two more copies today! :snoopy:

Last edited:

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bunches of edits, and a whole new chapter. My brain feels a bit like it's been through a blender.

Bender-Blender.jpg

758 words of the new WIP written this morning.

And I got to the end of Chapter 1. Feels like great progress!

Nice! :Sun:

68 pages into the edit / rewrite. Think I've added about 4,000 words now and most of it has been new, rather than removing stuff. I'm very close to the halfway point in the book.

Zowie! 4000 words in one session?? :e2thud:

And then a character woke me at 2am to write a scene for him. 1100 words, half crap. I think I'm a writer again.

Well, ACK! + YAY! :e2dance:

Up to page 166. I managed to sell 51 copies of my debut novel, Fey Touched. It's the first time I made so many sales in such a short period (24 hours) and it's the most I've ever sold in one month. So that's like, huge. I participated in a promotion that started Sunday and ended yesterday, $.99 books for sale.

Also, my book made it to #76 in the Sci-fi/Time travel category in the Kindle store. :D Made my week!

ETA - I sold two more copies today! :snoopy:
Woohoo, that's awesome! A good day indeed! :PartySmil

I did some edits and added a net of 324 words. I'll take it.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well done, everyone! And welcome back, wonder - that's got to feel terrific! :hooray:

More edits and new stuff tonight. Down about 2K, but I'll be adding at least 1K more. (And it's mostly just being moved around anyway.) I think it's possible I'll meet my self-imposed deadline of the 15th.

I need that on a t-shirt. :D

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
I want a shirt that says, "CAUTION, sleep-deprived crime writer hears character voices. Don't make any sudden moves." :guns: 412 words last night at midnight. No REM sleep.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Hugs, Lucie!

Liz - Awesome on the edits!

Introversion - ;)

Up to page 195. Less than 100 pages to go!

(And I sold another copy of FT. Up to 56 total.)

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good wordage, everyone!

We totally lost Internet at the house last night, at around 9:00PM.

And by totally amazing coincidence :D, I had a word-count of 580, one of my better efforts lately.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All day-job work and no play makes dull-boy Intro write only 154 words.

... ;)

Last edited: