Agent closed to submissions

Australian River

Registered
Reaction score
So I was on an agency's website, I went through all the submission guidelines and there was no reference that a specific agent was closed to submissions.

I emailed my query and got an automatic response saying she was on maternity leave and closed to submissions until the end of March. When I looked deeper, I found the news had been posted on the agency's blog but the submission page hadn't been updated.

Do I assume my query is going to be binned and not read when she's back?

The blog post didn't really specify...

Thanks!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That's a bit frustrating! If you don't know about QueryTracker, that might be a good website to check out for updates like that.

Personally, I'd wait until the end of April or early May, and then resend.

hikarinotsubasa

Human, last I checked
Registered
Reaction score
If there's a bright center to the universe...
I'd resend, maybe make a note so she knows it's not a matter of you not keeping records of who you queried. "I accidentally sent this while you were on maternity leave--congratulations, by the way!--and am resending now. My apologies if you receive it twice." Something like that?

Some agents do automatically delete (or get an assistant to delete) queries that come in while they are closed, so if you're enthusiastic about this agent, I would definitely resend.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed my query and got an automatic response saying she was on maternity leave and closed to submissions until the end of March.

Not sure what the issue here is. You resend the query after the end of March. Doesn't matter what else you see or where.

Jeff