Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on Spence City, Dorothy!

itsaplane

all the feels, ALL OF THEM
Registered
Reaction score
Warm Bodies looks really adorable! I only hear good things about it. My family is watching the Superbowl today but I'll...probably be sewing because I have a convention in less than 2 weeks (eep!)

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
I am currently reading The Unearthly series by Cynth1a Hand and I am super addicted. Funny bc i dislike angel books, love triangles, etc but there is just something about these books that are easy to get into. I am in the beginning of Book 2,Hallowed. Has anyone read these?

I've read them (it was a while ago though). :)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Finished the Unearthly trilogy today. Now reading B1TTERSW3ET by Sarah Ockler. Perfect for today since it's snowing out :D (It's a winter themed book)

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Finished the Unearthly trilogy today. Now reading B1TTERSW3ET by Sarah Ockler. Perfect for today since it's snowing out :D (It's a winter themed book)

I didn't realise the third one was out now (I'll probably have to wait ages for our library to stock it).

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I want to read and watch Warm Bodies. It comes out on the 8th, which is also when Hitchcock and Wreck It Ralph comes out here...

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! The second book in my YA trilogy was just accepted!

In other news, for the very few guys who hang here, if your significant other asks you to take dance lessons, no matter how much you don't want to, say "yes." Sigh. Another hard lesson learned in the hard wastelands of Kansas.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So... the other week I decided that I was going to do two things writing wise - start a timetable and aim to write a chapter a week.

The second thing = fine
The first thing = I'm starting to doubt it.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen or read Warm Bodies yet. It does look cute, but for some reason, the whole zombie romance thing has never appealed to me. Other paranormal creatures, sure, but decaying, flesh-eating zombie in love? Not so much. Maybe it's because I default to zombies as the risen-from-the-dead kind vs. the infected-by-virus kind.

I'm writing my WIP out of order, just working on whatever scenes appeal most at the moment, which I've never done before. It's kind of fun, but kind of nerve wracking. How will this all get tied together and flow at the end? Yikes!

Congrats on the acceptance, Kansas!

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
LisaLu! Good luck. It seems to me writing a chapter a week WAY trumps a timetable so you're on the right track.

Okay. Weird question time, everyone gather 'round. When you're hip deep in querying, revising, rewriting, and hanging out, do you ever get worried that you haven't written anything new in a while and you mighta' "lost it?" Or am I just psycho?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right, I think I should scrap the timetable. But shall I still aim for a set total time of writing a day or not...?

Also, before I forget, AGAIN, congratulations, Kansas!

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
Now reading B1TTERSW3ET by Sarah Ockler. Perfect for today since it's snowing out :D (It's a winter themed book)

I love winter books. I just looked this one up, it sounds good! The cupcake references are going to kill me though lol, I eat them too much as it is. Adding it to my to-read pile.

Congrats, Kansas!

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
Congratz Male dancer in Kansas.:e2cheer: How many books/stories are you submitting BTW? I thought you talked about a reject not long ago.

My wife won't ask me to join a dance class. Zero chance. But I'd say yes the moment the lady across the street asks. Just dance. Nothin' else. Clean dance. I swear. Oh boy.:e2dance:

I've also just completed a chapter, 3.8k words, takes an entire week. I'm so bleeping slow. Involves a drive by the MC's mom (jogs daughter away from her car & slips onto driver's seat) from NYC to New Canaan, CT, in the snow.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds way more interesting than the scene I'm on, Bing...

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Congratz Male dancer in Kansas.:e2cheer: How many books/stories are you submitting BTW? I thought you talked about a reject not long ago.

My wife won't ask me to join a dance class. Zero chance. But I'd say yes the moment the lady across the street asks. Just dance. Nothin' else. Clean dance. I swear. Oh boy.:e2dance:

I've also just completed a chapter, 3.8k words, takes an entire week. I'm so bleeping slow. Involves a drive by the MC's mom (jogs daughter away from her car & slips onto driver's seat) from NYC to New Canaan, CT, in the snow.

As someone who HAS done that drive...*shakes head* Slooooooow. In real life too ;)

Kansas LOL!! Why did your wife want to take dance lessons? I'm trying to imagine my parents doing so....weird. You will have to let us know how it goes ;) And to answer your question....:Hug2: yes I think we all sometimes feel like we lose how to write. I haven't written anything really new in so so so long (I was revising/rewriting for a whole year) and I'm still feeling shaky about my new WIP.

Sage wherever you are...I heard from R&R agent. She received the R&R. :tongue:roll: & now we wait....

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Bing! PM me. We'll talk about your neighbor. Kidding!...Or...am I?

Smiley! Humph. You're equating me with your parents? Am I THAT old?

As to why she wants to take dance lessons? I dunno. She's still quite the hot and spicy gal! She wants to have fun. I'm trying not to drag her down. It will suck. I'm a rhino trying to sew. I'll give you guys a play-by-play when it happens. Wish me luck! Gah!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Weird question time, everyone gather 'round. When you're hip deep in querying, revising, rewriting, and hanging out, do you ever get worried that you haven't written anything new in a while and you mighta' "lost it?" Or am I just psycho?

I was actually thinking this exact thing just last month. It was more towards when I was outline and I thought I had forgotten how. But I do worry about not keeping up with actual writing.

Something else I'm finding lately...with my revisions. I find I have to do it in really small chunks...like a scene at a time...or else I get to into the story and stop looking at the craft so much. Usually if I go back over the last page of the last scene I did, I find a whole bunch of other stuff to change.

Sigh, it seems like it'll be slow going. I thought this revision would be really quick too.:Shrug:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
So I have news on my R&R, but it might be best to not share while others are working on their own...

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Your a tease, Sage.

Congrats, Kansas.

Revision takes longer than I expect. So do first drafts. I wish I could pick up my pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.