How do you know if you've found the right agent?

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Are you willing to take on a new pseudonym for the new books?

I have one name for my m/m (unagented) books, and then when I got an agent for my YA, NA, and m/f romance books she suggested a new pseudonym and a fresh start when we subbed. We subsequently told the publishers about the other pseudonym, but they're kept separate.

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
Are you willing to take on a new pseudonym for the new books?

I have one name for my m/m (unagented) books, and then when I got an agent for my YA, NA, and m/f romance books she suggested a new pseudonym and a fresh start when we subbed. We subsequently told the publishers about the other pseudonym, but they're kept separate.

That's what I wanted to do as well.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
That's what I wanted to do as well.

Then I wouldn't worry too much about the self-pubbed stuff. You should probably mention it, just as a way to show that you've been working at this for a while and can produce, but I don't think they expect impressive sales or anything...

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
I emailed her the questions I wanted to discuss, so we'll see. It seemed dodgy not to mention it, plus, I had questions of my own about it. Hopefully in this day and age, it's not a big deal to agents, but I don't know. Fingers crossed.

Neegh

Banned
Reaction score
Hope it works out nicely.

...now get to work ;-P

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been on in a few days. I signed with an agent yesterday, and I'm super excited to start revisions. The next step is about to begin!

Gosh, you might find some of us in the Rejection and Dejection: The Next Circle thread - it's the post-Agent / Publisher Submission hang out. Best of luck!

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
Gosh, you might find some of us in the Rejection and Dejection: The Next Circle thread - it's the post-Agent / Publisher Submission hang out. Best of luck!

Thanks, I have often looked at those threads with envy, wondering if I'd ever join the ranks of the agented. Happy to join the next circle.