Looking for printing only

Status
Not open for further replies.

openwindow

Registered
Reaction score
I believe this is the proper place to post this.

I am not interested in publishing a book to sell. I have some materials that I would like to get 'printed' in book format and distribute in small numbers to my friends. From what I understand, I'm looking for a sort of straight print on demand service (no distribution, no royalties, etc.). I'm having trouble finding one and thought to look here for help. Any suggestions?

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
Check with local print shops; some print books. If you want to print on demand, then you will have to ask about that specifically, because some printers that will print a few hundred copies of a book will not print on demand.

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
I think I've heard of people doing this through Createspace or Lulu and just ordering author copies without ever submitting for distribution. Don't quote me on that, but it might be worth looking into.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I've used Lulu for this. There's an option for making a book public or keeping it private. It was easy.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
There was no setup fee when I used Lulu.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
If you just want a few copies, you could try finding a local shop that has an Espresso book machine. Otherwise, Createspace is the way to go for paperback--you can simply order proof copies without ever publishing.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
Proof copies cost me about $5.00 each and final copies $10.00. Plus you have to pay postage, which is about $4.00 for one copy and $2.50 each if your up-to-five are packaged together.

Status
Not open for further replies.