The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can now confirm the first guest for the podcast Mythbeh@v!ng. Well for here anyway. :D

I just got off the phone with T!m P0w3rs, award-winning contemporary fantasy author. We'll be recording this weekend and it was such a joy to talk to him again. OMG guys, this is going to finally be real! We even talked about having him do a 2nd show with J!m Bl@ylock the 2nd member of the triumvirate that brought steampunk to prominence. He's going ask, but expects a "no" from J3t3r tho, the one who actually coined the word "steampunk".

Soooo cool!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
congrats lwalker, and dragon!

also ktaylor for kicking ass and finishing
nano!! you rocked it!

haupe, *hugs*. i understand
the gloom. but in the end, i just
keep writing (and fighting).

i was at mall buying necessities.
well, i did get myself new pj bottoms,
but was buying for bubs. munchkin needed
black slacks for his holiday parade this sunday
(he has no slacks except for the emergency
ones i buy him for such occasions) and also
warmer clothing for our uk trip IN A FEW WEEKS!

the holidays is a money pit, isn't it?

hope to be able to hit 1k word count after
lunch. not sure as dunno where story is going
for it to make the most sense. ack!

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
watch your online shopping, folks. someone stole my amex number today. i don't use that card much so who knows when i'd have figured it out. amex caught it and called me asap. good service there.

Yay dragon!

Yay lwalker!

cindy - i hear you! i have spent so much lately surrounding this holiday time, and yeah, so much of it not gifts.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
yikes, jenn! so glad they caught
it. the fraud online now is crazy.

augh.

and no, i haven't even started buying
holiday presents yet. i think we are pretty
lax compared to some. not sure what we
will do for bubs. will probably try and just
get stuff there.

no way we could haul gifts over then back.
and just doesn't makes sense. they'll see
them anyway.

before 9/11 we could wrap presents and
keep in luggage. those days are over.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Wow, Dragon, very cool!

i was at mall buying necessities.
well, i did get myself new pj bottoms,
but was buying for bubs. munchkin needed
black slacks for his holiday parade this sunday
(he has no slacks except for the emergency
ones i buy him for such occasions) and also
warmer clothing for our uk trip IN A FEW WEEKS!

the holidays is a money pit, isn't it?

Oh geez, tell me about it. We live in sunny California and what does my husband decide he wants to do for Christmas? Take our son to the snow. I don't even want to tell you how much I spent so that each of us can have a snow-proof outfit for this three-day trip. Augh.

watch your online shopping, folks. someone stole my amex number today. i don't use that card much so who knows when i'd have figured it out. amex caught it and called me asap. good service there.

Same thing happened to us with Chase not too long ago. They caught it within like an hour, so it was awesome.

Convinced my husband to let me spill the beans about being pregnant on facebook. I just suck at keeping stuff to myself and it was driving me nuts. :)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm off to teach, but on Cloud 9 right now. I have some fabulous guests lined up (including some wonderful Purgies, thanks to you sweeties, too).

I'm just glad my kick-off is going to be extra special, since we've known each other for forty years, (Yes, 40 this last March) and he was the first to encourage my in my writing. :D

JennW

Registered
Reaction score
lily - just scrolled back and saw that - awesome review! whoo hoo!

haupe - saw your comment too. there are lots of changes, but also lots of options too I think. It makes me nervous sometimes too, but try and just keep going and not think about it. Just keep writing (said to the tune of just keep swimming, just keep swimming...)

cindy - wow, didn't even think of that with 9/11 and wrapped gifts. craziness. do you guys go there every year for the holidays? fun!

jo - yay for announcing the pregnancy.:) also, love your book cover.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon, Purgies!

(((Sammy))) and (((Mike))) for the crud.

(((Brandy))) for the flood and computer crash. Glad you're back!

((( Ink ))) Glad you're meningitis-free! But I'm not getting too close yet.

((( Snappy ))) for the bed-bugs.

(((Fire)) and (((Para))) for the eye-bleeding edits.

(((Becky and little Becky)))

(((Leanan's friend)))

(((Haupe's pup)))

Tas - congrats on size 8!

Becky, Sunna, and Clovia - good luck with the SP!

Sammy, Cindy, Ink, and KT - WOOT! for wordage!

NIYRAK - glad Little NIY had fun in the Christmas parade!

Jo - happy to hear you're feeling much better (mentally). Hang in there.

Becky - congrats on typing "The End"!

Lily - Yay! for the great review! * Tosses Cullens into cuisinart *

Lwalker - congrats on the fantastic author blurbs!

Dragon - WOOT! for your first Mythbeh@v!ng podcast! So neat that it's our own TIMP!

Jenn - glad AMEX caught it right away!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOUND!!!​

:PartySmil:TheWave::TheWave::PartySmil
+1

I'm just out of the longest shower I've had in forever. Washed, shampooed, deep-treated, scrubbed, shaved, netied, pumiced... I finally ran out of things to do in there.
You did a great job, Maryn. I feel much better now. Thanks! :D

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Dragon!

And yay for Lily's review! Might MI reconsider? It takes time for a series to take off, and this one is...

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Woot, LWalker!

Woot, Dragon!

Mashing up the Cullens for Lily.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
First, the good stuff.

YAY and loads of vamp dust for Lily!

YAY for Dragon!

Now, onto the bad stuff:

Apparently, the wonderful people at student loans have now decided to pass my information and my loan off to some other random company. This means, that until the transfer is complete, it is up in the air again whether I have income based repayment or not. If the income based repayment is reversed, they will just have to put me in jail. I have no money to pay the damn thing, and my folks sure don't either. Thank you Student Loans for completely destroying my holiday.

Doom.

FruitTree

Registered
Reaction score
Yay Dragon and LWalker! And vamp dust for Lily.

Count me in on the gloomy mood. I'm in a everything-I-write-is-more-worthless-than-manure funk. I woke up in the middle of the night last night thinking, OMG, I had the gall to send my writing to agents? How did I ever dare?

ETA: ((Sammy))

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
KRAMPUS!

I cannot see this without thinking of Red's story now. :p

JO!!! I'm so glad to hear it, doll. :)

Jenn -- yay for vigilant CC companies.

Plan: Get in at least 1,000 words, help kiddo with spelling HW, make dinner, family movie tonight.

I am to the part of this ms where the "big" action is rolling toward the climax, which is way easier for me to write than the middle part. I decided the other day to stop looking at the total wc, because I'm obsessing about it and it's actually making it harder for me to write. I'm just going to finish it, and then I'll mess with the wc in revisions. I know I'll need to add some things, and I'm sure there will be stuff to cut, but I need to get to the end, so I'm just going to do it. *cracks knuckles*

Ready ... set ... go!

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOUNDIE!! :partyguy:
Yay, Dragon. Sounds great!

I happen to land on one page in coming in today that made my heart glad - Jo is pregnant again! I'm so happy for you! Don't think about what might be or what was, just think about now and enjoy every moment. One of my favourite sayings is "Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength."

This is another flyby for me, because I'm off to Australia this evening again and I haven't even begun to pack. Eek. Of course that is par for the course for me, but still. It's like studying for a major exam an hour before you take it.

I was still having major problems with AW until today and still going to switch to Chrome (and buy new computer when I can) but wonder of wonders it's working fine for me right now. I did something that Microsoft "troubleshooting" suggested and that was remove Explorer add-ons. The only add-on was AVG "smart search" which is supposed to identify safe sites. Well, lo and behold, when I removed it this site moves freely for me again. May be coincidental. Will check back in again from Oz.

Did I see some reference to Haupe's writing doldrums? I hope you all go to her own website and to WU, because she is a really talented, insightful writer. I love her posts. The latest one on WU was in the vein of a spiritual guide for your writing muse.

(((Sammy))) Holidays are not for adults, I've decided. Too much stress! Hope it gets resolved.

Must run. Back soon! Hugs and kisses.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, just in time for Krrrrampus!

JennW

Registered
Reaction score
Krampus!

you can do it, lyndee! LMK if you want to have a word war later! I am writing new scenes!:D

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Rick's email reminded me I've fallen off the Purgy radar. Bad, bad purgatorian.

I am alive. About a month ago, I got the brilliant idea to move my family from San Francisco to Northern Virginia via road trip. This is after visiting the area for 4 days.

We absolutely love it here. Things are going great and my DH is back to his normal, non-affair, crazy self.

In other news, my agent and I parted ways (in a WTF kind of way) in the middle of us working on a project. She still reps me on foreign stuff, but not domestic. Which should be interesting because I have a book coming out 12/11 and this will be my first one all by myself. It's a little scary.

I can't think of a better time to come back to Purgy then when Krampus has made his appearance :D

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
For the record: When a shipping organization offers a tracking number, it should actually, y'know, TRACK in real time, instead of just updating the status once a day at midnight.

(I do not believe that my packages are still in UT, sitting since 9:30 last night, but apparently I will not know where they ARE, until tomorrow. And even then, it may not be right.)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
{{{Sammy}}} I am sure they won't throw you in jail! You'll figure it out. Sorry this had to happen right now, though. That sucks big time.

So you know the whole blowup thing with my mom? Well, we had finally gotten that fairly straightened out, like she understood why I was upset and was sorry, the end.

Except she couldn't just leave it there, right? No. She had to send ONE LAST email about how she feels like I've pulled away and don't want to talk to her anymore, blah blah. Good God. Seriously? I've been a mental case for three months, and you keep calling me to bitch about your coworkers during the only free time I have because you actually think you're entitled to it. IGNORE.

So since then she just hasn't called or emailed me at all. I'd say, yay, she's respecting my boundaries, but actually what she's doing is just pouting. "Fine, I won't call you at all!" Whatever. IGNORE.

Then today I email her the link to all the photos the photographer took for my author photo thingie. I mention that there's one specific photo I really don't like. So guess which one she logs onto facebook and posts for everyone to see? -_-

It's not like I think it's hideous and don't want people to see it - I don't care. But it's like, seriously, mom? Are you trying to bait me or what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.