Reaction score
:D Okay - then as long as that's a good thing:snoopy:

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Zelenka, did any part of your book sing to you? Did you dream about your characters - at night or in day dreams? If so you're on the right path.

I'd have been rather confused too. I keep telling myself that if you give 25 people the same book they will read 25 different books. Each person puts their own view into what they read in a book. That makes criting, reviewing and judging subjective.

Hugs.

Last edited:

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Anybody mind if I insert a small bit of good news? Sort of. I sent my next novel off to a publisher, with little hope of hearing anything, and got back an email from a senior editor saying she loved it and has passed it up the line. Wow. Much bigger publisher than my current one. Current publisher won't look at the next book, because I didn't sell enough. Fingers crossed, although senior editor said it would be 8 weeks before I hear anything. I guess it's sort of good news, sort of maybe nothing.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess it's sort of good news, sort of maybe nothing.

Of course it's good news. In fact, it's fantastic news, jeseymour. Will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.:Hug2:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody mind if I insert a small bit of good news? Sort of. I sent my next novel off to a publisher, with little hope of hearing anything, and got back an email from a senior editor saying she loved it and has passed it up the line. Wow. Much bigger publisher than my current one. Current publisher won't look at the next book, because I didn't sell enough. Fingers crossed, although senior editor said it would be 8 weeks before I hear anything. I guess it's sort of good news, sort of maybe nothing.

:snoopy: Heck yes, that's good news! Around here that's cause for a party! :snoopy: :partyguy:

mtrenteseau

Mild-mannered accountant by day...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I need a pep talk... maybe I'm dropping back in because right at this moment I don't need one.

The last few months have been very busy, and I haven't been writing as much as I'd like. What writing I have done is a serious revamp of my first book. It's the same plot, the same characters, with one major addition - I've realized what character flaw I want my MC to have, and I'm enjoying working with it. So nothing to post in the 500-words-a-day thread, but I'll get back to that soon enough.

Once I'm done cleaning up Murder at 21, I'll start querying again. It seems that mysteries have really taken off recently.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Mtrent! I've been wondering where the heck you've been. Glad you're around and at least tinkering. :)

mtrenteseau

Mild-mannered accountant by day...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to be back, and I'm glad to be doing some serious work again.

The one consistent criticism I've received is that Alex, my MC, is too perfect. I've already gone into the reasons why he's taking his relationship with Julie soooo slowly, but I decided to make him a bit more anxious and socially inept. It will definitely be useful in book four, where the girl who's stalking him gets killed.

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com

Rejection. Went all the way to the top, then rejected with a "not for us." Bummer. Senior editor again said how much she liked it. Bummer.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's tough, Jesey.:Hug2:

Next time it will go straight to the top.:D

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
*Hugs* Rejection sucks. :(

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
That sucks. But if one editor liked it, chances are another will, and hopefully the next one's boss will love it too. In the meantime, sending a load of hugs.

dcstone

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to this site, but been writing for awhile, and it is hard to find a publisher that will give you a chance when your new to the writing world, but coming in here meeting proplewith the same dreams, giving you hope that one day you will make

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to this site, but been writing for awhile, and it is hard to find a publisher that will give you a chance when your new to the writing world, but coming in here meeting proplewith the same dreams, giving you hope that one day you will make

:welcome: dcstone. It's a cold world out there, but it's warm in here and we have chocolate. And plenty of camaraderie. (Hey, I spelled that right on the first try? Neat!) What do you write?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I feel in need of a pep talk ...

Last edited: