• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lyrical Press

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
They have been totally thorough and pro with their dealings with me. I'm currently being put through the editing phase, and it's more layered and structured than I could ever imagine. I'm not getting away with shite. And that's a damn good thing. I swear, I feel I'm at Penguin or something. Just the amount of details and care that you would expect or hope for.

Tri

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
... I'm currently being put through the editing phase, and it's more layered and structured than I could ever imagine. I'm not getting away with shite. And that's a damn good thing...

Tri

Thanks for sharing that. Good editing is so important to attracting a loyal customer base. :)

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
So good to hear great things about them. I just submitted to Lyrical last week. Absolutely love their covers. It was a little weird to send my mss. out over the wire...I am used to giving them a 'good luck' kiss when I drop them in the post...but I'm comfortable with it. Supposed to get a confirmation that they recieved it sometime this week. Cross your fingers for me, guys!

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
I just submitted to them too! They look like a really great publisher to work with so hopefully they enjoy reading my ms!

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Yeah, I've spent weeks checking out e-pubs, and they seem to rank at the top, right alongside EC and Samhain. Since I don't do erotica (yet) that kind of limits me, but Lyrical looked good.

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Lyrical are a fine company but I know of nothing to suggest they experience similar sales levels to Ellora's Cave and Samhain--and I would be surprised if this was the case.

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
I have a book "What Happened to Anna?" coming out with them in Oct. this year and so far the editing has been good. My editor keeps in touch with me inbetween rounds and we are moving right along.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'll be releasing in the future, too, with Gate Walker. That's a paranormal thriller, with a heavy romance plot. So I don't think it really needs to be erotic--erotic is just one of their better genres, one that they encourage.

The editing, which I'm going through at the present, it very thorough and precise. A lot more complex and involved than I anticipated. I'm getting a great chop, slash and burn.

Tri

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Probably right, Veinglory. Who, in your opinion, are the top selling e-pubs? I'm having a hard time finding solid figures. I HAVE heard it quoted about that the average e-pub book sells approximately 239 copies...don't know where I heard that number, either, but I recall at the time thinking it sounded about right. Any thoughts? Or could you send me to a thread on this site, if there is one, that address the question?

Thanks for your time.

Oh, and way to go, Jennifer! Glad to hear that they are doing good by you! :)

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Veinglory...now you have done it! You are ranked right at the very top of my 'cool people' list!

Seriously. You are made of awesomeness. I have been looking for this info for a long time.

Thanks!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Em and EREC are definitely made of awesome.

Eriador117

Hobbit Botherer
Registered
Reaction score
I've just signed on with Lyrical for a male/male fantasy romance (it wasn't erotic enough for some others, LOL!) I had a few questions, mostly about the tax regs. as I am in the UK and Renee was very helpful in answering everything before I signed the contracts :) I must have sent about eight different emails when I thought of different things; instead of just sending one, but I got the wibbles at different times! Renee didn't complain once, just said that's what she was there for, to answer any questions.

I've been assigned an editor and don't quite know whether I'm anticipating/dreading the edits, LOL!

take care,
Annette

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Congrats, Eriador117! I'm still waiting for them to confirm that they even recieved my mss.

*sigh*

Guess I'll go back to counting my toes. Again.

Eriador117

Hobbit Botherer
Registered
Reaction score
Wannawrite, I got a confirmation email that they received my ms fairly early on, certainly within a week. I don't know how long you've been waiting for, but perhaps a polite email just to ask if they received it might not be amiss? Not too sure of the etiquette involved there, so if anyone else has any pearls of wisdom on that, feel free to share :)

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Their website says to wait two weeks, so that is what I've been doing. Meanwhile, I am compulsively checking my e-mail a dozen times a day. Not sure I like this electronic stuff. I LIKE physically placing the mss. in the slot, knowing that it is on it's way. BUT I tell my self that the future of publishing lies in the direction of e-pubbing, at least to some degree, and that I need to get over it.

That having been said, maybe I will drop them a line. Couldn't hurt, could it?

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Good! Because I just did! God...WHY do I get so nervous when writing pub/agents? It was a simple, one paragraph question, and I'm still shaking. Must go eat chocolate, now.

Thanks for the info, tho!

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Hey, guys. Thanks for the awesome advice. I just recieved the nicest e-mails from Renee. Seems that they did not get my mss., after all, and she requested that I send it directly to her. How cool is that? I will do that as soon as I get home, and at least now I know that it will be landing in the right spot.

Thanks again, guys, for the helpful advice.

And Renee, if you are reading this, like I said, you rock!