Miranda July!

giraffe!

bear attacks moose.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i've just finished reading Miranda July's collection of short stories, "No one belongs here more than you."
i have to say that i really enjoyed it, and i think she's one of the most interesting writer's today. her style really caught my attention, and i was just really impressed.

i really like this lady! has anyone else read this or enjoyed it or hated it?

goldenquince

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen her movie Me, You, and Everyone We Know...I really dug the way she tells stories visually and I think she's probably one of the most truly genuine actors I've ever watched...

Manderley

Slowly does it.
Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished the book, and I loved it! This has been a weird Miranda July-week for me. Hubby and I saw her film, and loved it. The next day, I popped into the library, and they had her book on display, so I decided to read it - and loved it. Got it out on Friday and couldn't stop reading it. Great book. And today, I went to the hairdresser to get a haircut, and she decided the scrunch up my hair, and when I came home, hubby took one look at me and said: you look like Miranda July. :D

Manderley

Slowly does it.
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen her movie Me, You, and Everyone We Know...I really dug the way she tells stories visually

I found her short stories to be quite similar in style to the film. If you liked the film, you're gonna enjoy the short stories too. :)

giraffe!

bear attacks moose.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes!
I'm glad somebody else has read it. The stories she writes are so blunt and funny, and almost each of them had a really powerful effect on me emotionally.

So good.