Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Peachnuts
practical experience, FTW

Peachnuts is on a distinguished road
Noble Romance Publishing

Anyone have any experience with this new company?
thanks!

here is a link to their page, it looks pretty good:
http://www.nobleromance.com/Default.aspx
Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
BarbaraSheridan
*insert catchy phrase here*

BarbaraSheridan has a spectacular auraBarbaraSheridan has a spectacular aura
*bias alert* I have a book out with them and haven't had any problems. I've also known the owner for about eight years now. */bias alert*

Noble is about 6-7 months old and is still building a readerbase and working on getting the website to be more interactive for customers which I think will draw in more readers.

Jill Noble is very open to stories that really push the boundaries of romance and romantic fiction and letting characters be themselves even if they're antihero dark and edgy which is the main reason Anne and I signed our Dark Whispers.

Editing wise Jill's suggestions for expanding a couple scenes were on the money. They pay on time and the royalty statement is the best I've ever seen in terms of how many copies sold and when they sold.

Jill's partner has a solid business background and she's been in and around publishing as a writer since before I knew her. She was an editor at Loose-ID and has a few published books nder her belt.

If you have a story you believe in that you feel shows a romance despite other folks' claims of "That's not romantic" Noble may be an option for you.

BarbaraSheridan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
Peachnuts

Peachnuts is on a distinguished road
very interesting......

~hitting 'send' key on query
Old 08-21-2008, 05:27 AM   #4
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I know nothing about their sales levels, but unlike many new romance epublishers they have a clear niche they are targeting. I think they look pretty promising.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Eriador117
Hobbit Botherer

Eriador117 is on a distinguished road
Post Noble Romance

I sent a query off to them in December and was asked to send the full MS. Unfortunately my book wasn't suitable for them after all, not quite enough sex, LOL! But I did get a very nice personalised rejection and I was invited to submit again with this book if I added more sex. It's not that I have anything against it; I just felt that if I started adding in more sex, it would look just like that: that I'd just added it in for the sake of it rather than the flow it already had. If I ever do write something with a bit more sex or kink, they would be first on my list to submit. They seemed very author friendly.

take care,
Annette
Eriador117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:18 AM   #6
AngieStone
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

AngieStone is on a distinguished road
I just submitted to them and got a very prompt request for the full...we'll see what happens!
AngieStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Eriador117
Hobbit Botherer

Oh, Angie, that's great, good luck!

take care,
Annette

Love or duty - which would you choose?
M/M Fantasy Romance
The Chosen out now

http://www.amazon.com/The-Chosen-ebook/dp/B004GHN4OW
Old 04-29-2009, 06:04 AM   #8
AngieStone

AngieStone is on a distinguished road
Just curious, how long did it take to hear a yes or no on the full manuscript?...it's only been a week and a bit but I didn't get confirmation that my email with the full went through. I'd hate to be waiting only to find out that the original email didn't send.
AngieStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Eriador117
Hobbit Botherer

I had a confirmation email and a request to send the full MS in about a week and I think it was about a month or so when I heard back with the "no". I don't think I got a confirmation that my full went through either, just the query first of all.

take care,
Annette

Love or duty - which would you choose?
M/M Fantasy Romance
The Chosen out now

http://www.amazon.com/The-Chosen-ebook/dp/B004GHN4OW
Old 04-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #10
Dee Carney
Bringing sexy back

Dee Carney is well-respected
If I remember correctly, Jill doesn't send out confirmations. You don't receive any sort of auto-confirmation, either.

That being said, she's very author friendly. If you're worried that your sub didn't get through, send her an email and she will reply.
Dee Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
honoluluwriter

honoluluwriter is on a distinguished road
any new information or updates on this publisher? Sent a full off today and just curious if anyone has anything they are willing to share.
honoluluwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #12
Treyfan
Token Black Chick

Treyfan is on a distinguished road
Me too.

I sent a request for the sample contract and never got a response back. If they can't respond to a simple contract request, how on earth do they respond to full subs or partials???

I just sent a query off today...we'll see...but I'm dubious.

Super Spy in Disguise!

Blog:http://thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com/
Treyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #13
JillNNoble

JillNNoble is on a distinguished road
Missing Email and No Response

Please allow me to apologize for the lack of response to your request for a sample contract. I can only assume some requests have gone missing. (This isn't the first time I've heard this complaint in the last few days, and I worry there are others who didn't bother to follow up).

I have changed the email address for the sample contract requests on the submissions page to jill@nobleromance.com. Hopefully that will clear up the issue and I'll see all requests.

Please, if you send an email to any of our boxes and you don't get a response within 48 hours, contact me directly at jill@nobleromance.com. I will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Jill N. Noble
JillNNoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
brainstorm77

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I subbed a short to them last night.
brainstorm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:00 AM   #15
honoluluwriter

just to update, Noble accepted my manuscript and I have signed a contract with them! It is very exciting Good Luck to everyone else!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:17 AM   #16
Nya RAyne
On the verge of greatness

Location: In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and behind this bald obnoxiously fat guy, who keeps...
Nya RAyne is a shiny, shiny jewelNya RAyne is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by honoluluwriter View Post
just to update, Noble accepted my manuscript and I have signed a contract with them! It is very exciting Good Luck to everyone else!!!
That's great news!! Congrats!!

Storm's Fury, para-romance, get it here.

For His Love, futuristic romance, get it here.

<==Unveil My Heart, a Wiccan Haus para-romance, get it here.
Nya RAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #17
thethinker42
Abnormal Romance Author

thethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just got a contract offer from them this morning.

AW Library: Lauren Gallagher * L. A. Witt

In-Progress:
Rolex's Story (w/Aleksandr Voinov) - 10,003 / 55,000
Dark Soul 6 (w/Aleksandr Voinov) - 57,202 / 85,000
KMP - 8,004 / 65,000

Starstruck - Available 11/03!
thethinker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:52 AM   #18
brainstorm77

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Got a response from Jill today saying to give them a couple of weeks to get back to me. They would review my sub. I like their promptness.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #19
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinker42 View Post
I just got a contract offer from them this morning.
*yawn*

Another day, another contract...
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #20
honoluluwriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
*yawn*

Another day, another contract...
LOL, if only every day were so great!!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #21
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If you're tt42 it seems it is. Damn and now I'm back to 6 contracts behind...

*rites moar wurdz*
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:44 AM   #22
Treyfan
Token Black Chick

Treyfan is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the contracts/acceptances everyone!

I'm waiting for a response myself...fingers crossed...

Super Spy in Disguise!

Blog:http://thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com/
Treyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:42 AM   #23
Kensington
Sockpuppet

Kensington is on a distinguished road
Their contract locks you in for 7 years. That's way too long, as far as I'm concerned. They wanted to change my novel too much, in order to fit in with their guidelines, more sex, etc. so I backed out. Jill is reasonable to deal with though.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:56 AM   #24
brainstorm77

What about sales? Any reports on that?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #25
honoluluwriter

Good luck! Keep us updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyfan View Post
Congrats on the contracts/acceptances everyone!

I'm waiting for a response myself...fingers crossed...