Stephanie Plum

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone here read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich? I've been reading the books for years. My Mum got me hooked on them. My favourite is One for the Money. I can re-read that countless times and still crack up laughing again and again. I love the tension between Stephanie and Joe. There are so many hysterical moments in that book like when he catches her in the shower and she throws the shampoo bottle at him, the freezer truck with the dead bodies, when he catches her in his car without permission...lol.

I'm re-reading Two for the Dough at the moment. I re-read all of the books about twice a year. My favourites are Twelve Sharp, High Five, One for the Money, Ten Big Ones and Eleven On Top. The Stephanie Plum books would make an hysterical television show...kinda a cross between Kath and Kim and Dog the Bounty Hunter. lol.

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone here read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich? I've been reading the books for years. My Mum got me hooked on them. My favourite is One for the Money. I can re-read that countless times and still crack up laughing again and again. I love the tension between Stephanie and Joe. There are so many hysterical moments in that book like when he catches her in the shower and she throws the shampoo bottle at him, the freezer truck with the dead bodies, when he catches her in his car without permission...lol.

I'm re-reading Two for the Dough at the moment. I re-read all of the books about twice a year. My favourites are Twelve Sharp, High Five, One for the Money, Ten Big Ones and Eleven On Top. The Stephanie Plum books would make an hysterical television show...kinda a cross between Kath and Kim and Dog the Bounty Hunter. lol.

I'm a guy, and I enjoy them tremendously. My wife turned me on to them. Only problem is, it's like eating too much candy. I have to rest between volumes, because it's so much of the same kind of humor. Let me take a break, and I can enjoy the next one to the fullest. Very well written.

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
I agree. I think that they're well written, and that they're a lot of fun, but it is the same kind of humor. I'd like to see a little more character growth...

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I wish she would get with Ranger more.....sigh. He is such a 'bad boy'.

The laughs are easy flowing. My only gripe is that some of her books are on the 'short' side. For the price you pay and only get a couple of hundred words....it seems like a rip off.

I love all the folks E comes up with and feel like they are all part of my own family. lol

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoy them, but I agree with Ancient Eagle's comparison to candy. I think the rate at which she releases them is good. One a year is perfect. Any faster and I think I would get tired of them quickly. When I first started reading them, I had to read the first 8 or 9 in a row and it was definitely Plum overload.

Lauren

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LaurenRBamberger.com
I got hooked a few years ago and read several in a row and then just could not wait for the next one to come out. It felt like it took forever! I can't put them down and get the newest one the day they come out. I too wish they were longer sometimes just because I am so into the story and then it's over. I love the relationship between her and Joe but that Ranger...mmm hmmm... it'd be nice to see her give in a little more... but I like that she's faithful to Joe but then there's Ranger... Okay, it's making me want to go read a Plum book!!

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
I love the series. Reading them is like catching up with old friends--the characters seem so vibrant and real to me. That said, the last few have left me sorely disappointed. I could barely get through Fearless Fourteen because of all the repetitive phrases (if someone "cut their eyes to" someone else one more time...), and the whole thing just felt rushed compared to the rest of the series.

It's not coming off my auto-buy list anytime soon, though.

JustJess

Registered
Reaction score
My mother introduced me to them years ago. Reading one a year is perfect. As a Jersey girl I'm familiar with some of the locations which adds to the fun.

marie2

slowly but surely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolemariemessina.tumblr.com
I love them! At first, I actually didn't mind so much that it has a bit of the same kind of humor considering I read 1-11 in a matter of months, one right after the other and enjoyed them fully. It has so many laugh out loud moments that they can be pretty hard to read during class.

After finishing NaNoWriMo one of my rewards was to read Volume 12.