What drugs make your hands shake?

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
can cocaine make your hands shake, if you use often? I'm trying to have a drug abuser try to put together a ship in a bottle.

I thought Coke would be perfect because he could shake and have to wipe his nose often, but I don't know how accurate the shaking thing is.

I also thought Heroin might produce such an effect on a person, but I didn't know for sure.

Help! This is for a story that needs to be submitted by the 15th.

Palmfrond

cereal killer
Registered
Reaction score
Cocaine and speed will make some people's hands shake (uppers). Downers like heroin usually don't (but heroin withdrawal, or alcohol withdrawal, will do it).

FinbarReilly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twosparrows.5gigs.com
Any upper should do so; they're great for speeding people up, but suck when the person needs to do something slow and meticulous. Downers can cause exaggerated movements, which can be just as bad. At the same time, any addict jonesing for his fix may be a bit shaky....

FR

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Anything that's a stimulant, from caffeine to methamphetamines. Cocaine, as previous posters said, Vivrin (sp?), even enough Asprin will do that to you. The hands would not shake while actually high on heroin, but if he's jonesing for a fix he could be very shaky. A chronic meth user would have shaky hands and need to touch his nose often. It's less a wipe the nose kind of thing but more of a put the fingers to his nose and perform a quick sniffing action, as though he was trying to clear his nose rather than trying to wipe away perceived snot. A user wouldn't really be able to control it, even though he might want to try to cover it up.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
My niece's husband takes a mix of steroids (he claims he doesn't. He's a body builder and looks like Mr. Clean) his hands shake like he has the DT's.

comradebunny

"It *is* the rabbitt!"
Registered
Reaction score
Here is a possible idea if you want to be ironic. He could be taking a drug that doesn't cause the shakes, but need to take an asthma inhaler that does (some of the inhalers I've had in the past caused horrible shakes). The irony being that the legal drug causes the shakes.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
As already said, any stimulant will do. From caffeine to amphetamines to cocaine.

selkn.asrai

Rawr.
Registered
Reaction score
Here is a possible idea if you want to be ironic. He could be taking a drug that doesn't cause the shakes, but need to take an asthma inhaler that does (some of the inhalers I've had in the past caused horrible shakes). The irony being that the legal drug causes the shakes.

Si.

Inhalers are steroids that can be seriously damaging if used too much.

I didn't know you were asking about illegal drugs, OP, but I'm gonna through in my cents anyway. Albuterol and Prednisone make me shake like someone with Parkinson's. Since they're steroids, that makes sense.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Ehrm, care if I hijack?

I've got a drug abuser, too, although someone desperately trying to quit. Obviously not an easy task. I'm thinking heroin or cocaine, but looking for all types of side effects, on and off the drug.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Si.

Inhalers are steroids that can be seriously damaging if used too much.

I didn't know you were asking about illegal drugs, OP, but I'm gonna through in my cents anyway. Albuterol and Prednisone make me shake like someone with Parkinson's. Since they're steroids, that makes sense.

Not all inhalers are steroids, Albuterol isn't

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how on topic this is, but my cat was on 'roids for two months because of a stomach issue. While on the drugs, he was such a sweet little fluffy pot. Now he is some sort of batshit demon spawn who camps out behind doorways so he can lunge out at you when you walk by.

Reaction score
I would have thought it was not getting your fix that made your hands shake.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how on topic this is, but my cat was on 'roids for two months because of a stomach issue. While on the drugs, he was such a sweet little fluffy pot. Now he is some sort of batshit demon spawn who camps out behind doorways so he can lunge out at you when you walk by.

withdrawal_cat.JPG