Alice's Adventures in Wonderland [by Lewis Carroll]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneA

Registered
Reaction score
I just borrowed this book from the library and started reading it. It's a children's classic that was later made into a Disney animation.

Has anyone else read it? What did you think?

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Why don't we wait until you finish it to discuss it? It's a personal favourite of mine, and I will be happy to once you do. Also maybe once you finish it, you could post your opinion first, and then ask ours. Start analysing the book yourself. I know Dwayne, you don't think you are capable of analysis, but I don't think you give yourself enough credit.

So as you read the book ask yourself some of the following questions:

What do I like about this story? Why?

What don't I like about this story? Why?

Who is my favourite character? Why?

Who is my least favourite character? Why?

What part of the story really spoke to me personally? Why?

What part of the story left me feeling indifferent, or cold? Why?

What jokes made me laugh and why?

What images stayed in my head and why?

Did I like this book? Why/why not?

These are just a few questions to start you off. I know you feel like you need to ask us to analyse things so that you can understand, but I think you've asked about enough books now to get a sense of what to look for. You need to take the next step and draw some conclusions independent of us. It will be hard, not saying it won't be, but it will really help you get to that next level. Most importantly don't be afraid of whether your answers are wrong or right. The brilliant thing with questions like these is that there are no wrong answers. This is all your opinion, and opinions can vary from person to person. So just answer the questions honestly, even if you feel your answer isn't clever enough. Sometimes the best answers are the simplest. There is no way to be wrong with this one, so relax and enjoy the task!

And when you have some insights you want to share about this book, I will be all ready to discuss them with you. :)

Last edited:

leela_e

Registered
Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland is one of Disney's Blockbuster stories.Different version flood the market, but i still go for the classic one. Its more natural...

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided to load this on to my Kobo so I can read it at work. There are so many versions - anyone have a favorite? Publisher/edition?

wilchris

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Alice in Wonderland is one of Disney's Blockbuster stories.Different version flood the market, but i still go for the classic one. Its more natural...
And used to be shown on the BBC every Christmas morning in the U.K.

Last edited:

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Well it was a classic Victorian novel, long before it was a Disney anything, although I love them both. Even the book I wrote in my avatar and sigline is named for it actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.