AW Blog Showcase: How do you edit?

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I have this awesome new idea for a way for Absolute Write Bloggers to showcase their blogs and their thoughts on writing.

The questions is simple. How do you edit?

Simply answer the question on your blog, mentioning that it's part of Absolute Write and link back to the forums.

Leave a link to the post here and at the end of the deadline, I'll compile all of the posts in one post and post it on my blog. Then we can all market the hell out of it and people's posts get read and blogs get discovered.

Deadline: 29th of May 2009 5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

I might create a cool banner for people to include in their posts if they want.

Oh and tell your favourite AW bloggers about this thread. Spread the word!

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I like the idea, but not the question. I sit there and look for errors. Sometimes I read it out loud or print it. I bet most answers will be similar to that.

I'd take part if it was a question that was more open to a wide range of responses. It doesn't have to be wildly original. Things like 'Do you think your writing ability is due to natural talent?' and 'Where do your ideas come from?' always spawn a multitude of answers (and readers seem to have an endless capacity for reading about those topics).

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
I might take part. I think I can come up with my answer to the question before your deadline.

Keep in mind that you only posted this call one day ago--not even a full 24 hours, actually. It may still pick up in the next week or so, since it's the weekend now.

:)

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Polenth, those questions sound good. Maybe I (or someone else) could run a similar thing on those questions at a later date.

Thanks Temlyn. I'm impatient but would've thought some people at least might register that they were interested.

I might do some active soliciting as I know some bloggers here are working on editing projects.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Woo!

I was actually considering pulling this down as not many people have shown that much interest. I've written my post on editing but didn't mention this showcase...

Not sure what I'll do though.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I've been thinking about whether to write a post about this, Ben, and i'm still thinking about it. I'll continue thinking about it for a day or so (i just don't really want to be repeating what other people have already said), but i'm leaning towards doing it :)

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Hey bettielee, you made it in time. People have until 5pm tonight, and it's 9.16am now.

SF, check out some of the posts. Some answers will be similar but we all learn new things from each other.