A Monster's Notes by Terry Shecker

Chazemataz

I went to sleep a poet
Registered
Reaction score
I picked this book up at the library, and I cannot tell if I hate it or love it. It's either or, too, no in between. So, for anyone who has read this, what exactly *IS* it about?
It's very hard to tell. I mean, I understand that it is supposed to be letters from the girl, Claire, who wrote Frankenstein, and from Frankenstein's POV in between and him commenting on her as she writes the story. If it sounds confusing, that's because it is. However, it is also one of the best books I have ever read at the same time because of the beautiful prose. Frankenstein's angsty yet innocent observations about mankind and the world, and his love for Claire, are utterly breathtaking. Claire's dysfunctional family make this story entertaining, as well. Her mother is a radical feminist, for example and this is in the late 1800's.
At the same time, I could be totally wrong! What is Frankenstein could really be the author commenting on Claire's letters, or Claire herself? Its confusing. I don't know.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else picked up this book, and what their thoughts are.

edit: Also the author's name is really Laurie Sheck, not Terry shecker. Wtf. lol