Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris

~Country Girl~

Registered
Reaction score
What's your opinion... love'em or hate'em? If your a fan who's the better vamp for Sookie Eric or Bill? Let the debates begin...

aquacat

Registered
Reaction score
Love the books.

Want to stabby-stabby-stabstabstab the show.

~Country Girl~

Registered
Reaction score
Love the books.

Want to stabby-stabby-stabstabstab the show.

totally agree with you as well... i watch because for some unknown reason I feel as if i have to but im always irratated when i go to turn off the tv

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I order the set on amazon.ca last week. Looking forward to reading them.

ShannonC

Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed them a lot.
I'm also enjoying the show, I honestly like the changes that they've made so far.
As for vampires, Eric for SURE :)

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Liked all the books except the last one. IDK, it seemed like she'd been rushed too much or maybe the story is getting harder for her to parcel out. Could be she's ready to have a conclusion but with the show on, they want her to keep writing.

Looks to me like the show is getting farther and farther from the books, anyway. So, aside from the basic characters and their relationships it will hardly resemble the book, by the time the show is done.

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
Liked all the books except the last one. IDK, it seemed like she'd been rushed too much or maybe the story is getting harder for her to parcel out. Could be she's ready to have a conclusion but with the show on, they want her to keep writing.

Looks to me like the show is getting farther and farther from the books, anyway. So, aside from the basic characters and their relationships it will hardly resemble the book, by the time the show is done.

From what I've read, she has a set number for the series (12, I think), but I totally agree about the last book. It felt more like a segue, an inbetween, get-you-to-the-next-book kind of story.

I watch the show for Alexander Skarsgard.

Mmmm....yummy. :D

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Right, that's it exactly. A segue.

I like Sam. Here Sam, here boy...

~Country Girl~

Registered
Reaction score
Poor Sam.

I say that C.H. should write Sookie a twin sister that was taken at birth to be hidden away in Faerie and finds out about Sookie and goes to find her. Sam can fall in love with the sister, Sookie can keep Eric and Bill can go jump in a lake. :D

great ending... hehe

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Sam in the Tv series is very cute :)

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I've put off reading these for some reason. Is it about a threesome or love triangle? I'm not usually too crazy for those type of books.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Not so much, Sookie just can't seem to keep one guy for long. Once she finally gets one, things go to hell and then she gets another and so on and so forth. Wouldn't be more than one book if she managed to catch one and keep him. :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Liked the first 4 or 5, then got fed up when she threw in every supe imaginable, and the plots turned into "which supe will Sookie shag in this book, or will more than one get lucky?"

Meh. And disappointed. I won't be reading any more. Sad.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Does she stay will Bill? I've not yet read the books.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I bought the box set... Looking forward to reading them.

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
I finished the first book a few days ago and didn't entirely like it; for some reason i felt like it needed editing just one more time. Don't hate the book, but can't call it a favourite.

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
Love 'em! I'm about to start book five and I'm anti-Bill at this point, but don't want to put my opinion in stone until I'm further along.

CH lives in the town I was born in and goes to my old church. I really want to meet her when we go visit this summer because I'm a big nerd.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I really like them. I think they are a good notch above the Laurell K. Hamilton ones. There's a bit of sarcasm and a lot of humor, and this is one of the cleverest examples of this genre I've seen. However, the most recent one was a bit disappointing. Still, I'll pick up the next installment when it comes out.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
I just finished book 1 and started book 2 (I can't for the life of me remember the names other than they all have "dead" in them). I thought they'd read a bit faster than they did, to be honest. Maybe I'm not used to a lot of her LA terms or something. I've watched season 1 and bits and clips from season 2. Suffice to say I keep reading for Eric and he hasn't disappointed thus far, especially with mental picture of him that HBO was kind enough to provide.

I will say though that Anna Paquin just does not do it for me. Her southern accent is horrible, like nails on a chalkboard to my southern ears. Stephen Moyers is a lovely man when he's Stephen Moyers, beautiful accent, etc, but his southern accent is also galling. Jumping down off my soapbox now.

Now, Alex Skarsgard...yummy! No complaints. Great casting.