Old People Writing for Teens (Version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnorth

Gigantopithecus canadensis
Registered
Reaction score
MOD NOTE: You can find Volume I of Old People Writing for Teens here.

For the old people... who write for teens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
If your blog is under your real name and comes up in a simple web search, then I would not post your query stats.

It doesn't. I've googled myself a few times and I don't think my real name is ever on my blog.

And I've always had that thought too. I'll leave the ones that are already there up, but won't post any more. Unless I have a request or something...think that would be okay?

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't. I've googled myself a few times and I don't think my real name is ever on my blog.

And I've always had that thought too. I'll leave the ones that are already there up, but won't post any more. Unless I have a request or something...think that would be okay?

In your case I think you're probably okay because your titles are fairly common words.

Most of my comment were directed at people who are blogging under their own name in order to come up in google if an agent does a search.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Most of my comment were directed at people who are blogging under their own name in order to come up in google if an agent does a search.

But if, by some miracle, I did manage to get an agent, do you think they'd be very happy to see that on my blog?

Kathleen42

Registered
Reaction score
But if, by some miracle, I did manage to get an agent, do you think they'd be very happy to see that on my blog?

I think they would probably ask you to take it down.

Look at it this way: You have a car for sale. 56 people look at the car and all decide to pass - some didn't like the colour, others thought the engine needed a few tweaks, someone kicked the tire and stubbed their toe, etc. Nothing that means it's a bad car, just things that meant it wasn't what they were looking for.

Would you then put a sign in the car window telling the next potential buyers that 56 people had looked at it and passed?

herbchick

alcohol will do that for ya
Registered
Reaction score
Going to sleep. Won't see y'all tomorrow. Got a flower study due Tues and I haven't started. :(

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Look at it this way: You have a car for sale. 56 people look at the car and all decide to pass - some didn't like the colour, others thought the engine needed a few tweaks, someone kicked the tire and stubbed their toe, etc. Nothing that means it's a bad car, just things that meant it wasn't what they were looking for.

Would you then put a sign in the car window telling the next potential buyers that 56 people had looked at it and passed?

Very good point...okay, no more query stats on my blog.

Dream Believer

Who Me?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dreamfreak.webs.com
okay...british people. who is john french from WW1? I am apparently his descendent. is this good or bad?
cause my old ex-best friend was a descendent of General Sherman, the man that burned down atlanta. - that be bad.

Kathleen42

Registered
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm beat. Night!

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, see ya. I'll be here for awhile until I get the hang of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.