Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to put this over in the Book Club.

I'll probably read it at some point, but wow was that a bad review. Pretty much everything I want to say about it is political, so I'll just leave it at that. :tongue

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ouch.

Without getting into my opinions about Beck, what a horrible review for any writer to read. Although the book does sound like it belongs with PA, not a legit pub.

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We ratwhiners ain't agonna put up that nosir. Whe goan stomp that White Washing Post into da grund I'm tellin ya! Soon's we find the truck keys.

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't mind me. I'm channeling some ultra-right white supremacists that are about to get the surprise of their miserable lives. As soon as I quit wasting time here and get back to the WIP.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. I should state a bias: I think Glenn Beck is one of the most horrible people in America right now and he's inciting hatred and bias and separatism, and I think he's a complete (hell, he's admitted it) fraud which makes me even more pissed off. For someone to spout shit like this because they believe it is one thing. For someone to do it because of some benefit they receive, in this case I would assume fame, money, and power, is a thousand times worse because it's deceptive. This man is, in my opinion, just as bad as a cult leader destroying his followers lives by building on their trust.

That being said, I find it completely sick and disgusting that he's allowed to publish a book like this, especially when it's apparently poorly written drivel whose sole purpose is to encourage people to follow a particular political belief--especially considering what it's saying. Would any one of us writing the same book have even a chance? I highly doubt it.

*Goes off to try to get unpissed at Glenn Beck's existence*

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to lock this. The rule is respect your fellow writers, even if you despise their politics. Feel free to go rant about his politics in the P&CE forum, but this is for book discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.