Infected by Scott Sigler

kjarva

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell you about a book that I read recently called infected by Scott Sigler. I am a hardened sci-fi and horror junky and this book was so outstanding because it was the first book in years thats made me want to claw my own skin off.

It really is that creepy. I can't say too much without giving the entire story away but heres what I can tell you. Perry Dawsey is a football player who would have made the major leagues if a crippling injury hadn't taken him out of the game in college. He used to have a violent temper but time and his best friend have tamed it somewhat. One morning Perry starts to feel sick, feverish. The next day he has scraped his skin near raw and doesn't know what's wrong with him. Things go horribly, skin crawlingly wrong for Perry over the next few days and that's all you're getting!

This is the hands down best book I have read in a long time. You lucky people can either a) rush out to the library / nearest book shop to get it or b) go to the lovely scott sigler's website where he has all of his books up for free as podcasts!

Where to get infected from: http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/infected/audio.html
links to the infected podcasts are the top right of this page

Scott's site: www.scottsigler.com

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
This is a perfect example of how it's all what grabs you. :) I read the book when it first came out, liked it through the first 2/3 and then, meh. Talented writer, but the book both left me flat and made me feel icky. In the end I relegated him to the "authors I won't be reading again." but, like I said, talented guy. More power to him.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a free pdf of that book in some promotion and read it a while back. SOOOOOO yucky! Not the most wondrous thing I've ever read, but definitely suspensful and fabulously revolting! The sequel is on my To Read Someday When I Want To Be Super Grossed Out list :)

kjarva

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
The sequel is wicked! It definitely makes you want to scrub yourself with bleach but I was really surprised by it. I picked it up as a random book buy before a business trip. I started reading it at 6pm and din't put it down until I'd finished it at 2am. I was a zombie the following day but I loved it!

I'm a complete science nerd as well, so all the bits at the start showing the start of the infection and how it invaded perry really appealed to me. The sequel isn't quite as gross and is actually quite amusing in places. Maybe I just have a warped mind though :D