James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Latest scam agency in the Literary Agency Group scam.

Other scam agencies in this scam group are

The New York Literary Agency
The Christian Literary Agency
The Children's Literary Agency
Stylus Literary Agency
The Screenplay Agency

They were all originally ST Literary Agency. Before that, they were Sydra Techniques.

This is a group out of Boca Raton, Florida (the mailing address in New York City -- [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor[/FONT] -- is part of the scam -- that's a mail drop). They're owned by Robert M. Fletcher, an adjudged scammer (securities fraud in the state of Washington.)

The Poet's Agency has never in their lives sold a literary property to a commercial publisher.

This agency is an utter fraud.

What will Poet's Literary Agency do for you? They'll betray, bluff, burn, cheat, chisel, con, deceive, delude, diddle, double-cross, dupe, entice, exploit, finesse, flimflam, gyp, have, hoodwink, impose on, jockey, juggle, lure, manipulate, mislead, play, rook, rope in, scam, screw, seduce, shave, snow, stick, string along, suck in, take, take in, and trick you.

What they won't do is sell your work to a commercial publisher. They've been in business for seven years and they haven't managed yet.

I'm going to look at one little thing from their website at http://www.poetsliteraryagency.com/index.html

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
We do not charge reading fees or any other type of fee. We get paid when you get paid.
[/FONT]
This is pure BS. They'll charge plenty. They'll send you from one place to another, expecting you to pay a fee each time you land, all of them (the independent evaluations, the professional editors, and so on) owned and operated by Robert Fletcher. If you leave your checkbook in your pocket Fletcher will drop you faster than you can say "criminal conspiracy."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Our Successes We and our sister agencies have successfully negotiated contracts for a number of titles to date .
[/FONT]
Name them, Bobby. Go ahead and name your successes. Title, author, date. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?

I'll leave you with this bit:

But it’s unlikely that any great poet ever scribbled off a memorable poem in a single afternoon. The brain just doesn’t work that way.

"Kubla Khan," by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Bobby's just proved out of his own mouth that he's not very familiar with poetry.

Fletcher doesn't have the contacts, he doesn't know the people, he doesn't have the background or training, and he's located in Boca Raton, Florida.

Stay away.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
To echo others: Oh. My. Gawd.

It figures, though. Half the newbie questions I see are "what agents handle poetry?". Gaah. Pbbbt. May camel spiders infest their bedrolls.
eviltongue.gif

Dennis

Darn

I got myself involved with poets Literary New York. I'm a poet and wrote my book. I can't start to describe how happy I was when I got my accept from them. Atlast someone, know what I mean? Then my mother warned me about scams, and I googled and found this site. Feeling quite down. Would gladly kick the living .... outta that guy.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Dennis, write to the New York State Attorney General with your complaints about that agency. Be sure to point out that they're part of the ST group presenting themselves falsely as being in New York.

If you know anyone else who contacted any of the ST group, urge them to also write the NY AG.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
James D. Macdonald said:
Latest scam agency in the Literary Agency Group scam. ...

This is a group out of Boca Raton, Florida (the mailing address in New York City -- [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor[/font] -- is part of the scam -- that's a mail drop). They're owned by Robert M. Fletcher, a convicted criminal (securities fraud in the state of Washington.)

They have never in their lives sold a literary property to a commercial publisher.

This agency is an utter fraud.
That's putting it mildly. An agency that specializes in poetry? No way. Legit agents don't do poetry. There's no money in it at all.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Since the trolls and shills have been moving from one thread on Bobby Fletcher's companies to another, I may as well post this now:

For anyone coming in late, the Poets Literary Agency is one of a group of agencies run by Robert (Bobby) Fletcher, who was convicted of fraud*. They are:

Stylus Literary Agency (formerly Sydra Techniques, formerly ST Literary Agency)
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529

New York Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729

The Children’s Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8312
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8286

The Christian Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13514

The Poets Literary Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19104

The Screenplay Agency
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20359

The front/mask/umbrella group is The Literary Agency Group, Inc.
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13517

*http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-063-01.pdf
http://www.dfi.wa.gov/sd/orders/SDO-021-01.pdf

Last edited:

sherryfine

Registered
Reaction score
Message Board Citizens- Rebuttal !

Dear Message Board Citizens;

Please take a few minutes to read an important message for writers.

The company has asked me to tell you, in my own words, what I do and to let you know just one aspect of what they do to help writers sell their work.

I work with Sherry Fine, our director of acquisitions, and I am using her login for speed and efficiency with this post. One cavet, I am in phone sales, so if there are grammar or spelling errors in the post, please realize that you are the writer, and that's your job to write 100% correctly, not mine.

See attached Message Board Citizens Rebuttal.

Cordially,

Rey Best

Attachments

• Dear Message Board Citizens.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 95

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
Sherry, Sherry, Sherry...

You're getting awfully lazy. All you need is to cut and paste your 'rebuttal' from the other threads.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Isn't it a bad idea to open attachments and won't most people avoid that? Must not really want that "rebuttal" read. Why the heck couldn't whoever just cut and paste into the reply box??

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, I had to open it. I am the opposite of most people in that I get more naive as I age instead of less. The attachment stresses how upstanding the agency is and that they are trusted by publishers because they know Poets Literary will insist on the mss being critiqued and edited continuously. The attachment also announces that the agency is going into the publishing business and will publish "in partnership" with the authors. I wonder how much they're going to charge for that?

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
Who is "Ray Kyle" then?? That name appears as the "Author" of the document, which is usually the profile name for the user.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Dear Message Board Citizens: My job is to constantly expand the company's relationship of buyers. As you know buyers in large companies change jobs and titles on a regular basis. I've found that about 25%, that's ¼ of the names that you can find in Writers Market, or various public sources are INCORRECT. So, my job is to live on the phone and email. I am paid to call buyers for our authors and for our database of contacts. Basically what I do is take a manuscript and a potential list of 30 buyers, and get on the phone and qualify the list. I call, I make sure that we have the right buyer's name, I check spelling and address, and most importantly, I confirm what they are 'Looking For Now'. When I find a qualified buyer with a need, I immediately communicate that to the Agents, and they aggressively go into our roster of authors to find matches for the buyer. Our materials are very well received by our buyers. Our buyers have learned that we posess one of the most qualified groups of authors in the industry. They know that all of our authors have been formally critiqued and edited. Our buyers know that they can trust what we send them. Our buyers know that we have filtered out the hobbyists from the authors that will do what it takes to succeed. Yes, we tell our authors that they have to reach industry standards.Doesn't every agency do that in one way or another? I can tell you from personal experience how frustrating it is to hear from a buyer that the work we are trying to sell isn't as good a the competing works they are looking at. So, if anything, our agency is becoming MORE demanding that our authors take their work as far as they can from a quality perspective. So, I hope that I have helped you see one aspect of an Agents job. The company spends a lot of money paying me to do nothing but find buyers and qualify them. And when I read this ongoing thread with all these bad words, written by people that have only sour grapes to say, I just wanted to let you know that "it isn’t so". Also, I can assure you that this company isn't a scam. I've known the principals for years and they do the best they can for their authors. They also pay their bills on a regular basis and they are beginning to acquire other companies in the industry.Here's a question… if a literary agency buys a publishing company so that they can publish or partner books they believe in, is that a conflict of interest?========================================I can tell you right now that the company is participating in a new business model. We're promoting a joint venture where we have put up $2500 in partnership with the author and the publisher to get the book out the door. That's unique! And that's how much we believe in what we are doing. The ad is in the PMA newsletter and has been for 4 months.A copy of the ad can be seen using this link.http://www.theliteraryagencygroup.com/pma-literaryagencyad.pdfThis really is important for you to think about. We think that we are the ONLY LITERARY AGENCY that has stepped up to put our own money behind certain authors that we represent. If you can find any other agency that has done this please let me know. This, to me, is brilliant, out of the box thinking that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that our company is behind our authors.=======================================Furthermore, all this talk about who owns what is rubbish. This is business, and it's a lot like a Darwinian evolution. You either grow or prosper, or you go out of business and you die.If we can sell your work, we do. If we can't, then we will tell you why we think it isn't selling. Usually this means more work, and really, that's what most of the whining on these boards is about. So, in conclusion, the company is real, they've paid me a regular salary for years, and we're putting our heart and soul (and our money) behind our authors. Well, that's all the time I have for this post. Best to you and your writing career. I don't have the time to monitor this post so unfortunately; all the carping that will occur will be ignored. I have a real job to get back to. Cordially, Rey Best

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, the author puts up the other $2,500 and that's all that gets ventured, and for a pod title at that.

Let me get this straight--she cold calls publishers asking who's ready for a book of poems, or is this the whole stable of agencies that are included?

And yes, Sherry ole gal, there is a conflict of interest if YOU ARE hooking up with publishers that are kicking back to your agency.

Tri

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
As our friends from south of the border say, "bullchit".

And that's to Bouncin' Bobby Fletcher, convicted conman, and his alter egos/sockpuppets Sherry Fine, Rey Best, Fernando Swell, Roy Okey-doke, and for all I know, Lt. Just-Ducky from M*A*S*H. Every mother's son of them is full of more banana oil, goose grease, and just plain crap than these old eyes have ever seen...save for PA's bushwah.

In the words of John Cleese: "Run awayyyy!"

John (who loathes tricksters)

PS: the above-referenced simpletons have yet to sell a book to a commercial house; yep, "revolutionaries" all

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sherryfine said:
One cavet, I am in phone sales, so if there are grammar or spelling errors in the post, please realize that you are the writer, and that's your job to write 100% correctly, not mine.

Phone sales, you say?

Care to mention anything you've sold?

Ever?

To anyone?

Line-by-line on the rest of your twaddle soon.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Fine, I promice you this, you dawg. We have over 7,000 members in this group and maybe twice or three times that number who visit and learn from these boards. I can assure of this--everyone of them will spread the news about your slipshod crappola shister game, and those inturn will spread the news.

Until, ultimately, you fold, or end up in prison for fraud. Preferably both.

OUTRAGEOUS!

Tri

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, Bobby. Love the "Sherry Fine" getup.

I'll stand by what I said before in this thread: real agents don't handle poetry, because there's no significant market for it. This means it's literally impossible for the Poets Literary Agency to be legitimate. Even if they were making real sales -- which would make them the only Robert Fletcher scam agency that's ever sold anything -- ten or fifteen percent of the proceeds still wouldn't be enough to keep a hamster in sunflower seeds, much less pay off Sherry Fine's phone bill. The only way the Poets Literary Agency can make money is off their own clients.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Line By Line, Part 1:

Message Board Citizens- Rebuttal !

Just to be clear, what you're supposed to be rebutting is that The Poets Literary Agency (like the rest of The Literary Agency Group) is a scam, a fake agency that has never sold anything in its life.

Dear Message Board Citizens;

Whatever that means. Have you actually read what's been posted here? Would you like to try to refute it?

Please take a few minutes to read an important message for writers.

Important Message to Writers: Money flows toward the author.

The company has asked me to tell you, in my own words, what I do and to let you know just one aspect of what they do to help writers sell their work.

Weirdly, your words sound almost exactly like Sherry Fine's words and Georgina Orr's words. Right the way down to the weird formatting.

You signed your post here "Rey Best," but the document's properties show it was written by "Ray Kyle." Are you sure they're your own words?

I work with Sherry Fine, our director of acquisitions, and I am using her login for speed and efficiency with this post.

Really? Where is she physically located? Where are you physically located? Is it true that your supposed New York address is a sham?

One cavet, I am in phone sales, so if there are grammar or spelling errors in the post, please realize that you are the writer, and that's your job to write 100% correctly, not mine.

So, what have you sold?

See attached Message Board Citizens Rebuttal.

Cordially,

Rey Best

Oh, I will, "Rey," or "Ray" or whatever your name is.

===============================
Line By Line, Part 2:
Dear Message Board Citizens:

Hi, R/o/b/e/r/t/ G/e/o/r/g/i/n/a/ S/h/e/r/r/y/ R/a/y/ Rey!

My job is to constantly expand the company's relationship of buyers.

A meaningless sentence if there ever was one. What exactly do you do? And who, exactly, are those buyers? A buyer is someone who buys things, right? Who's bought a literary work from you? Could you name one? Just one?

As you know buyers in large companies change jobs and titles on a regular basis.

Buyers? Is the word you're searching for "editors"?

I've found that about 25%, that's ¼ of the names that you can find in Writers Market, or various public sources are INCORRECT.

So? What agent uses Writer's Market or other public sources as their primary means of finding markets?

So, my job is to live on the phone and email.

Nice job if you can get it.

I am paid to call buyers for our authors and for our database of contacts.

How much are you paid? Wait! I know who you are! You're the guy who answered this ad:
Research Assistant For Agent Needed - Generate Publisher Lists
posted: 20 Feb 2006
s.gif
s.gif
Offered by:
The Literary Agency Group
s.gif
s.gif
Salary:
$17.50 per hour
s.gif
s.gif
Benefits:
Flexible hours
s.gif
s.gif
Duration:
Project or Part Time Basis
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Requirements:
Seeking research assistant for our literary agents. Job entails generating lists of 5-10 potential publishers for authors we represent. $500 Bonus for successful sale that comes from your research. You can work from anywhere and we will train.
s.gif
s.gif
About Our
Company:
The Literary Agency Group is proud to represent the largest group of formally edited manuscripts in the world.
s.gif
s.gif
Robert West - Principal
s.gif
s.gif
E-mail:
[email protected]
s.gif
s.gif
Phone:
Email only please
s.gif
s.gif
Special
Instructions:
Email your background and resume please.
s.gif
s.gif

Job #
That ad was dated 20 February. You wrote your little "rebuttal" on the 17th of April, and posted it the same day. So you've been working with "Sherry" (where did you say she's located?) for a month and a half at most, and on that basis you're so certain this nest of scammers aren't scammers? Dude, they're scamming you, too.

Basically what I do is take a manuscript and a potential list of 30 buyers, and get on the phone and qualify the list.

That is to say, you call 'em on the phone to make sure their names are spelled right. Where does that list of 30 buyers come from?

I call, I make sure that we have the right buyer's name, I check spelling and address, and most importantly, I confirm what they are 'Looking For Now'.

This is just so pathetic. What are they 'looking for now'? Either they'll name the genre, or say something like "A work that surprises and delights." To get more specific, you'll have to stop cold-calling.

When I find a qualified buyer with a need, I immediately communicate that to the Agents, and they aggressively go into our roster of authors to find matches for the buyer.

Wait a minute! I thought you were starting with a specific work in hand. Which is it?
Our materials are very well received by our buyers.

Name one who's bought anything from you, or any of your "agents," ever.

Our buyers have learned that we posess one of the most qualified groups of authors in the industry.

Which industry would that be? Soybean farming? If you mean the publishing industry, why are your authors still unpublished?

You want to know who the most qualified group of authors in the publishing industry is? Go to a bookstore and look around.

They know that all of our authors have been formally critiqued and edited.

If you knew anything about the publishing industry you'd know why that sentence means nothing at all.

Our buyers know that they can trust what we send them.

Oh, they can trust it. They just can't publish it.

Our buyers know that we have filtered out the hobbyists from the authors that will do what it takes to succeed.

In other words, you've filtered out the people who know better than to pay fees to agents. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Editors aren't interested in who's a "hobbyist" and who isn't. They're interested in who's written a good book. That's what they care about. That's not what you're peddling, though. Which rather explains your lack of sales.

Yes, we tell our authors that they have to reach industry standards.

Which you do by accepting everything, then charging piles of back-door fees.

Do you know what editors call slush that's been edited before submission? They call it "slush."

Doesn't every agency do that in one way or another?

Other agencies (you know, the successful ones; the ones who sell books to publishers who can get books onto bookshelves) recognize that if a book can be made publishable by editing that the editors at a publishing house are standing by to do it, and that if a book can't be made publishable by editing that no amount of editing will make it publishable.

The other agencies don't accept everyone then send them on a round of paid edits and paid critiques where the money all comes back to Robert "Conman" Fletcher's pockets.

I can tell you from personal experience how frustrating it is to hear from a buyer that the work we are trying to sell isn't as good a the competing works they are looking at.

Oh, I quite believe that editors tell you that the works you're peddling aren't as good as the ones that other agencies are submitting. That's because edited slush is still slush, and the only writing talent you're looking for among your clients is talent writing checks.

So, if anything, our agency is becoming MORE demanding that our authors take their work as far as they can from a quality perspective.

You've added another couple of rounds of paid-edits-and-critiques? What's the matter? Afraid some of your writers are bailing out while they still have money in the bank?

So, I hope that I have helped you see one aspect of an Agents job.

Dude, you have no clue what an agent's job is.
The company spends a lot of money paying me to do nothing but find buyers and qualify them.

Are you trying to say that the "agents" at your agency don't know any editors personally?

So, what have you, or anyone, sold? Where's that money coming from? It's coming from the authors, right? It sure isn't coming from the publishers.

And when I read this ongoing thread with all these bad words, written by people that have only sour grapes to say, I just wanted to let you know that "it isn’t so".

You picked the shortest thread. You should read some of the longer ones. The single biggest complaint that anyone has, the single biggest question anyone asks, is this: What have you sold?

What "sour grapes"? You sound just like Georgina Orr/ Robert Fletcher / Sherry Fine.

If you're going to make it in the literary world you have to pay attention to what words mean.

Also, I can assure you that this company isn't a scam.

Really? What have they sold, ever, to anyone? How much does the typical client pay? Where does The Poets Literary Agency's money come from? Are you aware that there is essentially no paying market for poetry?

I've known the principals for years and they do the best they can for their authors.

Have you really? And who, exactly, are you?

The "best they can" doesn't seem to be very good.
They also pay their bills on a regular basis and they are beginning to acquire other companies in the industry.

Where's the money for that coming from? It sure isn't from book sales to publishers.
Here's a question… if a literary agency buys a publishing company so that they can publish or partner books they believe in, is that a conflict of interest?

Here's an answer: Yes.

========================================

I can tell you right now that the company is participating in a new business model. We're promoting a joint venture where we have put up $2500 in partnership with the author and the publisher to get the book out the door.

That isn't a new business model at all. "Co-publishing" or "joint-venture" publishing has a long and sour history. Those are fancy names for vanity publishing. Let me list some names that you might have heard of: Commonwealth Publishing. Northwest Publishing. Sovereign Publications. If those names don't mean anything to you I suggest you find out.

That's unique!

No, it isn't. And Dorothy Deering did four years in federal prison. She got off lightly. James Van Treese got thirty years.

And that's how much we believe in what we are doing.

You'll forgive me I'm sure if I think that the $2500 you're talking about will be all out of the author's pocket.

The ad is in the PMA newsletter and has been for 4 months.
A copy of the ad can be seen using this link.
http://www.theliteraryagencygroup.com/pma-literaryagencyad.pdf
This really is important for you to think about.

I've thought about it all that I care to: y'all are so incompetent that you can't even find a vanity press. Would it help if I gave you C. Lee Nunn's phone number? Those "three of these in early deal stages" seem to be the same "three" that you've had in early deal stages for a year now. When are you actually going to have a deal?
We think that we are the ONLY LITERARY AGENCY that has stepped up to put our own money behind certain authors that we represent.

Think about this: Why might that be true? Why don't the other literary agencies (you know, the ones who manage to sell books) consider paying kickbacks? And as far as it being your "own money," isn't it true that it's the authors' money? Isn't it true that you expect the authors to make the payments? "$2500 in partnership with the author" is how you put it.

If you can find any other agency that has done this please let me know.

The Deering Literary Agency.

This, to me, is brilliant, out of the box thinking that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that our company is behind our authors.

This, to me, shouts "Scam!" at the top of its lungs.

=======================================
Furthermore, all this talk about who owns what is rubbish.

Robert M. Fletcher, a career conman, owns all of the agencies in The Literary Agency Group, and he owns Writers Literary & Publishing Services, the critique-and-editing service that he sends hopeful writers to. Hardly "rubbish."

This is business, and it's a lot like a Darwinian evolution.

And you are like the unfortunate fatal mutation.

You either grow or prosper, or you go out of business and you die.

Since you've proven totally unable to sell books to publishers, why aren't you out of business?

If we can sell your work, we do.

Therefore it follows you can't sell your authors' works. Perhaps because you're the worst salesmen on the planet. Perhaps because your methods just plain don't work. Perhaps because you aren't actually submitting stuff.

If we can't, then we will tell you why we think it isn't selling.

"Because you haven't sent us enough money yet!"

Usually this means more work, and really, that's what most of the whining on these boards is about.

Thanks to y/o/u/r/ Sherry's other posts, I know what you mean by this. You're wrong.

There isn't any whining on these boards except from you and Robert and Sherry and Georgina: Those mean ol' author advocates say you shouldn't pay us! Wah! They say we've never sold anything! Wah! They say we're a bunch of scammers! Wah! Wah! Wahhhhhh!
So, in conclusion, the company is real, they've paid me a regular salary for years, and we're putting our heart and soul (and our money) behind our authors.

For years? Or since February 20, 2006 (assuming you called them the same day their ad appeared and they hired you on the spot).

For all your heart and soul and money, why haven't you managed to sell anything?

Well, that's all the time I have for this post.

Next time try to present a couple of checkable facts. Starting with your real name.

Best to you and your writing career.

Best to you and yours. I hear you get a lot of writing time in the federal pen. (Or you might luck out; Daniel Craig Deering just got probation.)

I don't have the time to monitor this post so unfortunately; all the carping that will occur will be ignored.

Aw, gee, and you just said that you "read this ongoing thread with all these bad words, written by people that have only sour grapes to say."

I'm not worried; you'll be back, or some other name will be back. You and "Sherry" and "Georgina" (and Peter and Paul) just can't stay away. Will the next round be more sockpuppets? Or some other fictitious name claiming to be an employee of Robert's? Do you know why I think you'll be back? Because the truth is hurting Robert Fletcher's business too badly to let him stay away. That's why he sends these limp defenders.

Do you want to know who won't ignore the "carping"? The potential victims of The Literary Agency Group. They're getting the word and passing it on to their friends. So whether or not some amateur troll returns to read this (and you are reading it, I know you by now), the real people who need to get the word are definitely reading this post, and all the others. They're weighing truth against lies, and you, my friend, come up short.
I have a real job to get back to.

Oh, don't hurry on my account. You've wasted your time so far (years, you say?) without getting a single sale. The few minutes it would take to read the replies to your drivel won't take that much out of your day.

Have you considered getting an honest job?

Cordially,

Rey Best

So, is your name really "Rey Best"? Who's the Ray Kyle who wrote the document you posted?

Last edited:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Cousin Chris bows to Uncle Jim. That was fab, James. You've left them with no legs to stand on. Which is unfortunate for us cause them lil bastids are centipedes.

Imagine, that poster/employee of the agency gets a $500.00 bonus for making a special sale, plus 17.50 per hour to jibber jabber on the phone. I wonder if any writer has received an advance payment of $500.00. Oh, I forgot...no sales.

So that claim of five big ones is moot--a desperate attempt to convince us of how doggedly you go after sales. You should be going after editors at conferences, forums, expos, and writing conventions. Ever hear of the internet? I dunno, I've found publisher's info to be pretty up-to-date on the internet, and you can certainly email them to find out if something's changed.

We're just one of the many writer's groups taking you down. Since the "20 Worst" list went out, all hell is breaking asunder and you're loosing your grip on author's purses/wallets.

By golly, we ought to have a second list that is comprised of runners up in the "20 Worst" catagory.

THANK YOU VICTORIA, ANN, JAMES, DAVE, ED, SOOTS AND ALL YOU CENTURIONS WIELDING THE SWORD. OUR TIME IS AT HAND.

Tri

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
James D. Macdonald said:
================================================
Quote: This is business, and it's a lot like a Darwinian evolution.
================================================

And you are like the unfortunate fatal mutation.

==================================================
Quote: Usually this means more work, and really, that's what most
of the whining on these boards is about.
==================================================

Thanks to y/o/u/r/ Sherry's other posts, I know what you mean by this. You're wrong.

There isn't any whining on these boards except from you and Robert and Sherry and Georgina: Those mean ol' author advocates say you shouldn't pay us! Wah! They say we've never sold anything! Wah! They say we're a bunch of scammers! Wah! Wah! Wahhhhhh!

:ROFL:

Brilliant, just brilliant! After a lousy commute into work, this made my day. :D

~Nancy