Any Austrian members here?

Nimeni

Registered
Reaction score
Noch jemand aus Wien? Wahnsinn, was für ein Zufall, hätt ich jetzt echt nicht gedacht. oô

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
Oberösterreich. Nahe beim Attersee [I would so like to translate this as "adder lake", but that would be incorrect.]

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. :hi:
Ich komme aus Wien, was ist mit dir?

Ooooh.... Never mind me, I'm just jealous! :D
I lived in Vienna from 2000 to 2001, and it's the most beautiful city in Europe (me thinks). Too bad we were starving students back then and didn't have much time to enjoy...
Anyways, just wanted to say lucky you. I wish I could say that in German. :D

Alvah

Life is what you make of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Noch jemand aus Wien? Wahnsinn, was für ein Zufall, hätt ich jetzt echt nicht gedacht. oô

Hello Nimeni,

How do you get the umlaut over the letters?
Does your keyboard have keys for letters with umlauts?

Thanks, Alvah

Lilly

Registered
Reaction score
Hallo :)
ich bin auch aus Wien! Hab' das Forum erst vor ein paar Wochen entdeckt - Wahnsinn, so viel zu lesen ...

Nimeni

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh.... Never mind me, I'm just jealous! :D
I lived in Vienna from 2000 to 2001, and it's the most beautiful city in Europe (me thinks). Too bad we were starving students back then and didn't have much time to enjoy...
Anyways, just wanted to say lucky you. I wish I could say that in German. :D

Ah, that would be Du Glückliche then. :)
I agree, it's a beautiful ciy, but somehow, I don't feel very comfortable around its inhabitants. I would say it's the different mentalities. I wouldn't call myself an immigrant anymore, as I've lived here for more than 15 years by now, but I still think it shows. The Austrians are a bit too cold for my taste.

Nimeni

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Nimeni,

How do you get the umlaut over the letters?
Does your keyboard have keys for letters with umlauts?

Thanks, Alvah

Oh, we have the according letters already on the keyboard, I wouldn't know how you could do the same with a different keyboard, sorry. :(

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, that would be Du Glückliche then. :)
I agree, it's a beautiful ciy, but somehow, I don't feel very comfortable around its inhabitants. I would say it's the different mentalities. I wouldn't call myself an immigrant anymore, as I've lived here for more than 15 years by now, but I still think it shows. The Austrians are a bit too cold for my taste.

Ha!! I could share some stories, but it's a public forum, LOL.
Suffice it to say, I too loved the city but had some issues with its inhabitants....

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
I do miss roller skating along the Danau, though... :( That was my favorite thing!

Nimeni

Registered
Reaction score
I do miss roller skating along the Danau, though... :( That was my favorite thing!

Ah yes, the Donau... my favourite part too, but I don't recommend swimming in it like I did once. Gosh, I felt so unclean afterwards. lol

Kuroyagi

Emperor of dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bromios.blogspot.com
Nimeni: Ja ich bin auch aus Wien, wir scheinen aber irgendwie die Einzigen zu sein...

Everyone: yeah 'tis true: the Vienese are a bit cranky and like to complain about almost everything, they are not easy to get used to even for me as a native! (I've actually been born in a small village near the city). But yet, this place also has its advantages- it's quite safe and one can elegantly relax and get drunk or something. ;)

N: du sagtest, dass Du seit 15+ Jahren hier bist- woher kommst Du?

Best wishes to all, Han.

Last edited:

Nimeni

Registered
Reaction score
Nimeni: Ja ich bin auch aus Wien, wir scheinen aber irgendwie die Einzigen zu sein...

N: du sagtest, dass Du seit 15+ Jahren hier bist- woher kommst Du?

Naja, mich störts nicht, Österreich ist ja recht groß. ;)

Ich komme ursprünglich aus Kuba und meine Mutter ist mit mir hergekommen, als ich ungefähr drei Jahre alt war. :)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Well, my granddaughter is Austrian, and she lives in Salzburg. So I have a strong connection. I love Salzburg. Went there for her birth two years ago. I'd love to go to Vienna.

Cece N

Half-way there, but need more time.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm from Wien. Kuroyagi, i second that. I've been here 7 years so I have an idea how the people are. But it isnt so bad a place.