Any Scottish people out there?

writernow

Registered
Reaction score
I am writing an erotica story in which there is a man who is Scottish. Any suggestions on specific terms, phrases, words he would use about/during sex?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Oh, scarletpeaches!

She'll be along any time now and will fill you head full of Highland smut. She's like that.

writernow

Registered
Reaction score
ok, assuming there was this hot scottish guy who looked like a cross between gerry butler and a young sean connery and he was seducing a woman, then having sex with her, any suggestions as to what he would say?
(i'm in the us, don't know if the same terms apply over there or if it's like reading in a british novel that a man is wearing and jumper and thinking ???)

Reaction score
"A'right, doll, see's a go in yer knickers. I'll buy yiz a fish supper if ye gies a go o' yer bearded clam, like."

The chicks really dig that sort of sauce.

writernow

Registered
Reaction score
so i'm assuming you've had some bad experiences with scottish men? they can't all be bad. that would be like assuming all american men acted like frat boys

Reaction score
so i'm assuming you've had some bad experiences with scottish men? they can't all be bad. that would be like assuming all american men acted like frat boys
Try living here.

Scotsmen have no idea how to treat women.

Staying sober would be a good start.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Went to Scotland a few years back. I LOVED it. The interesting part was trying to understand the words through the broque, ya ken?
:D

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Try living here.

All the good ones have moved down here. A Glaswegian neighbour of mine has given his wife a Beemer for an early Christmas pressie.

However showing off of tattoos followed by 'Swatch at me aam deid sexy, noo gie yer knickers aff pet' seems to be a fairly standard chat up technique.

At least there's none of that 'Your eyes are like angel dust' crap. Straightforward they definitely are.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would suggest avoiding any Scottishisms. He would say pretty much the same things that character would say in other, um, situations of enthusiam. Whihc would depend heavily on whether he was, for example, a sheep herder from Mull or an investment banker from Edinburgh.

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
Try living here.

So that's where I've been going wrong. I thought a big lumbering hunk of love was a prize catch too. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Staying sober would be much easier if I wasn't in Scotland. There's a "cause and effect" reason so many people in Scotland hit the booze. :p

Reaction score
Oh God. As if it wasn't enough putting up with your beardy weirdness on Twitter. :rolleyes:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I have to defend the honor of Scottish men somewhere. May as well be here.

For the record, we aren't all cavemen. :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Don't talk about the apartment like that - it's lovely and warm. Any deficiencies in size are more than made up for in it's use.

Wait. That came out wrong...