March writing prompt

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all for letting me take this month's writing prompt. I've been enjoying these.

Just moments ago I went to http://www.gkbledsoe.com/articles/process/writing_prompt_generator.html and chose the first random prompt it gave me. In your story, you must incorporate the following three things:

A gray tabby cat, a hamburger wrapper, and a chocolate doughnut.

Post the results in Children's SYW and don't forget to have fun!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Is it me, or are cats over represented in the monthly prompts? :)
I've promised myself, no more shorts until I finish one of my two in-progress manuscripts. Hopefully, I'll finish one and be able to do the prompt this month!

Tiergan

'tis the magic that binds us
Registered
Reaction score
alright, new to this writing prompt thingy. So, what is it? I get the prompt idea, no problem there. Is there a word count?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it me, or are cats over represented in the monthly prompts? :)
I've promised myself, no more shorts until I finish one of my two in-progress manuscripts. Hopefully, I'll finish one and be able to do the prompt this month!

Cats are awesome. :D

alright, new to this writing prompt thingy. So, what is it? I get the prompt idea, no problem there. Is there a word count?

Tiergan, you can write anything you want. Poem, short story, first chapter of a potential novel, etc. It's up to you. ;)

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Very interesting combination Chris!! I'm wondering what Duke is gonna do with this one. Adding a dog into that mix will be a feat! :D

The wheels are turning and hope to be able to post soon!!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Great prompt, Chris! I didn't do one in February--way too much going on at work and in life. But I hope to jump back in later this month, when things have calmed down. This will be fun. Seems like a cat ends up in almost everything I write. None in my current wip so far, but it's early yet. ; )

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mware: The prompts were the first to come up on the prompt generator. I looked back several months and the three objects prompt seemed to not have been done.

Tiergan: Jump right in with whatever strikes your fancy. No limits or restrictions at all.

Great Ruth! I look forward to your contribution.

Honeybug: I'm going to feel sorry for poor Duke this month. He's going to "bite off more than he can chew," I'm afraid.

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
I like this type of prompt and had fun with it. Thanks for coming up with it Chris and for the link to the prompt generator. I think I'll be using that quite a bit in the future.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, those three things are already in my MS!!

Okay, not really. :D Time to get my mind generator to crank something out. :idea:

vampgirl278

I DO believe in fairies and magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I LOVE this! I'm thinking I'm going to love this months prompt! Kinda wanna work more on my children's stuff :)

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Sounds challenging indeed, but I doubt I'll be able to get on here enough to exceed the 50 post minimum before the end of March. Plus I have an op scheduled for next week, so that doesn't help matters...

Ah, well! April it is, then!

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds challenging indeed, but I doubt I'll be able to get on here enough to exceed the 50 post minimum before the end of March. Plus I have an op scheduled for next week, so that doesn't help matters...

Ah, well! April it is, then!

David:

You are welcome to participate in the March challenge, even though you haven't reached the 50 post minimum. We can make an exception for the prompts (jvc made that call back in December).

So, if you do write a response and would like it posted in SYW, send a PM to jvc. :D

(Hehe. See what I did there? But seriously, let one of us know if you want to participate in the prompt.)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, as Smish said, we've made an exception for the challenges here for those with less than 50 posts. So, get writering and let me know when you want it posted and I'll sort it out for you. :)

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great responses so far, everyone. If I'm missed commenting on a response, send me a PM and let me know.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's still time to get your March prompt responses in, guys!

And who's going to step up and volunteer to create the prompt for April?

I'll do it, if no one volunteers, but we have some new people in the mix, and I'd love to see a prompt from one of you. :D

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I nominate DavidBrett to choose next month's prompt. He's jumped in with both feet here and both posted material and given crits. He deserves the honor for being a good sport about the whole thing.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I nominate DavidBrett to choose next month's prompt. He's jumped in with both feet here and both posted material and given crits. He deserves the honor for being a good sport about the whole thing.

Sounds good to me.

Go that, Dave? You're in charge of posting a new prompt on April 1st. :D