I need a prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagana

Registered
Reaction score
When she was a very young child, she witnessed/experienced... something .... She knew she couldn't talk about it and has kept it secret all these years. But now she's old and her mind is wandering, back... She has trouble remembering that she shouldn't talk about it. And why. His job is to keep her secret. Without hurting her. Anyone else might be another matter.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
They both love jigsaw puzzles. He enjoys completing them, she enjoys setting fire to them.

cptwentworth

Did you hear that?!?
Registered
Reaction score
They fall madly in love and he is figuring out a way to break her out. (Harold and Maude, anyone?)

He used to be a detective until his badge was taken away from a scandal in the department that wasn't his fault, and now he notices crimes at the retirement home.

Two adults keep visiting the old lady claiming to be her heirs and she swears to the man that she's never met them and doesn't know why they keep visiting her.

Every night at 2 a.m. when he checks in on her, she is missing from her bed. He searches the home, and when he returns to her room again, she's sound asleep.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
She's a prescription-drug dealer and needs to convince him to be her mule.

IrishWristwatch

Only help those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
A family friend (or somebody closer) the young guy has known for years ends up in the home.

MarkQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
He's really in a mental hospital.

She doesn't really exist.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
After Jim McD's countless contributions, and some really clever ones above, I'm afraid mine will just take up space and add nothing :) So I'm just visiting to enjoy a few laughs. Hope you get something maestro!

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
The elderly gentleman sits in his wheel chair all day staring out the window at the buzzards in the sky. Everyone calls him Geronimo. His white hair sits gently on his shoulders, a stark contrast to his darker skin.

Jack, the young guy changes the sheets on the bed. Tucked under the mattress is a medicine bags, some old photos of Tom Mix, Harry Carey, and William S. Hart, all signed by their respective movie stars. On the bottom is a picture of Walking Foot in full regalia riding a horse along side of Randolf Scott. He looks like the old guy in the corner, but much younger.

Sitting on the table is a friendship pipe, a two spout clay pipe meant for sharing. The old guy never turns around, but apologizes for not sharing a bowl as he is out of tobacco.

Maybe this will help.

Royal Mercury

I think I am, therefore....
Registered
Reaction score
She's asleep. He's an attendant. When he comes in the room to check on how she is doing, the smell alone tells him she needs her Depends changed. That pushes him over his limit. First he tries to remove the large gold and diamond ring on her finger, but her arthritis prevents that. He curses her and goes to her dresser and rifles it for what jewelry he can find and stalks out.

I'll leave it to you to figure out why he's so stressed at that moment.

Last edited:

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
They are part of a global conspiracy. But first, the crumpets and tea. . .

jimbro

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you reminded me. There's something I need to take care of right away.

For god's sake, don't check on it yourself!!!
Send the pretty young nurse's aide.
I'm sure she'll be fine. Probably.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
The male worker is an undercover FBI agent sent in to investigate one of the residents, an elderly criminal mastermind. He becomes unintentionally invested in the case when the old woman becomes a pawn in the mastermind's latest nefarious scheme...

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She asks him if he'd be willing to warm up her Vulva for her. He hasn't been working there long enough to know her memory is failing, and she used to drive a Volvo. (you did say humorous didn't you?)

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
She's a British music composer with a week left to live, and famous for having been born with six fingers on each hand. He's a suicidal concert pianist invited to play her music at a Royal Family event.

-cb

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
For god's sake, don't check on it yourself!!!
Send the pretty young nurse's aide.
I'm sure she'll be fine. Probably.

But only if she strips down to bra-and-panties first.

She's a British music composer with a week left to live, and famous for having been born with six fingers on each hand. He's a suicidal concert pianist invited to play her music at a Royal Family event.

-cb

... they fight crime!

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
Your roommate tells stories each night, of espionage and government secrets that no one should know. The roommate's daily visitor is actually a CIA agent assigned to keep him quiet.

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
She torments him with constant demands for unusual food that must be wrapped in white linen napkins and served on an Elmo plate.

He finds her checkbook with three signed, blank checks in it and his name on them.

He finds out that she's the one who has been stealing the tennis balls from the residents' walkers.

She's pretty sure he's the reincarnation of her first husband, the one she shot dead.

She gets ahold of his FB credentials and rearranges his social life.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The chocolate chip cookies in the cafeteria are not only smaller, they're more expensive.

And they taste like shit.

No. Really. There's actual shit in the cookies.

Yay, poop humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.