things that turn novel writers on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesh138

Registered
Reaction score
A confession:

I get turned on when I open my novel in microsoft word and the program sort of chokes, and then takes a good ten seconds to load all the pages. I like watching all the numbers flash at the bottom of the screen. 100 Pages. 200 pages. 300 pages.

Am I a bad person?

Help me.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
No you're not strange or bad :)

Things that turn me on:

Stationary...ahhhh. Pens, pencils, and all other writing materials just make me drool.

Flapdoodle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
mesh138 said:
A confession:

I get turned on when I open my novel in microsoft word and the program sort of chokes, and then takes a good ten seconds to load all the pages. I like watching all the numbers flash at the bottom of the screen. 100 Pages. 200 pages. 300 pages.

Am I a bad person?

Help me.

When turn two ideas that have been lurking in the back of the head suddenly find themselves linked into a complete story... Gives me the shivers.

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
The eletronic whoosh-whoosh of a printer as it converts a story of mine from virtual cyber-text into reality. It's kind of like pulling a cartoon character right off the screen into the real world.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
the smell of an old book

and when i get a second hand book and see people's notes in the sides. i love that

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
scarletpeaches said:
The smell of a new book with my name on it!

A girl can dream!

Walking into a bookshop and seeing a whole shelf full of my newest book, and a sign saying "Book of the Week", and readers queuing up all around the corner!

Oh, and what really turns me on is a certain white envelope in my mailbox with my agent's name on the back, and inside is a "payment advice".

Reaction score
I'm very glad to see I'm not the only person turned on by various smells. My non-writing friends look at me like I'm weird when I flick the pages of a new book and inhale. Especially in public.

WannabeWriter

Registered
Reaction score
You know what turns me on? When I go to a bookstore and I see a cover for a book by a favorite author, I imagine my own name, novel title, and cover illustration on it. One can dream, right? :)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
Stationary...ahhhh. Pens, pencils, and all other writing materials just make me drool.

I thought I was the only one!

I love spiral notebooks and new pens. I own more notebooks than I could fill in a lifetime.

A trip to Office Max is my second favorite way to spend the day...the best is a day in the library!

Reaction score
Imagining people sniffing my book one day.

Oh god, that sounds so wrong out loud.

MarkPettus

Writer and Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
markpettus.com
Reading a critique and finding comments in the margin that say, "I love this line," and remembering how I felt when I first wrote the line, and how much I loved it.

Oh, and reading something I wrote and finding that I can still get lost in my own stories.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
mesh138 said:

My turn on? That my Writing folder is now approaching one gigabyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.