Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:20 AM   #26951
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
I would like most of Glee IRL.

ETA: I think.
The Pages of My Heart - YA Contemporary Romance - On hold

Reading:
"Starcrossed" - Josephine Angelini

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #26952
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
They're all such terrible people, but I love them deeply. Possibly because of this.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Old 03-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #26953
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
Haha.

ETA: I'll be going to bed in a minute. 'Night, guys.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 03-03-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:39 AM   #26954
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
Speaking of Glee, I found a bunch of old Glee music on my laptop <3 I'm listening to it all now
Old 03-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #26955
Thalia

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Just got an R on a full... said she couldn't connect to the characters.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #26956
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

What? She connect connect to the characters? Do you mean cannot connect?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #26957
Thalia

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Typo. Watching Hairspray.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #26958
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Okie dokie.

Gah, things are boring here.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #26959
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
I'm procrastinating on doing my homework. I blame How I Met Your Mother.

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #26960
lvae
oh so shiny

lvae is a shiny, shiny jewellvae is a shiny, shiny jewel
Getting comments is definitely a good thing, Tally it means that even if you aren't there yet, you're in a good place.

I'm currently in maybe the most prettiful library I've seen.
YA Contemporary - temporarily shelved.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #26961
Thalia

The problem is that all of my betas (which is over 15 people) told me that the best part of the novel by far is the characters.

So.

I've got no clue what to think.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #26962
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon team.

Tally, you got another rejection recently saying that they had issues with Corwin as a character, right? Something about his interiority? The two rejections might well be hitting the same problem.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #26963
MysteryRiter
Murder isn't so bad...

MysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMysteryRiter is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I know this isn't much help, but do you know a profesional who can read your book over? A published author neighbor or Scholastic editor aunt, etc.? That might help if you know someone.

My aunt is an editor at Scholastic. Non-fiction, sadly, but I'm going to see if she'll read over my YA thriller before I query it along with some other betas.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #26964
Thalia

That's true, Para- except this agent said that she loved Corwin as a character but couldn't connect with the main character (Corwin isn't really the main character, just a narrator), whereas other agents have said the complete opposite. And betas liked both characters.

Well, you can't make everyone happy, I guess.

ETA: I sent it to my aunt's best friend about a year ago after she read TRL, though never heard back. She might not have received it. Or she may not have had time, as she's one of the better-known editors in Toronto.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #26965
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Tally: She couldn't connect to the characters? I DO NOT AGREE.

I think Logan Lerman would make a good Matthew in Underdogs (dream actors/character models FTW). He's adorkable, and THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #26966
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So Will and his friend are playing video games. So i'm online, Hi everyone!!!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #26967
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hi, Ally.

I'll be going out soon, but I need to know if it's important in urban fantasy for creatures to have more than one weakness.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #26968
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Its up to you.

Mine have plenty. There biggest is there ego.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #26969
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Hmm... I wonder if wolves have a fear of fire...

And that would affect the half-werewolves as well...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #26970
amlptj

most animals don't like fire.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #26971
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

FIRE IT IS.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #26972
amlptj

Its so quiet up here its creepy!!! Yeah i'm diffidently not a "middle of nowhere" person. Although i have to say stepping outside i get a huge surge of joy! Its so quite it remind me of my first book!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #26973
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm going now.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #26974
amlptj

see you later!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 03-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #26975
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Ally!
Closed Thread