Any Slovenians, Croatians or Serbians chilling...

QuillsWrath

Registered
Reaction score
... in the Cooler?

Hy All,

I have been wondering how many if any (?) of the above mentioned are on AW. I, myself, am form Slovenia, but I speak Serbo-Croatian language :poke:...

So, don't be shy you writers, leave a post and say hi...

EDIT: Of course I also speak Slovenian which is my main language

Last edited:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to add this thread to the List Of Language Master Threads Sticky, for Serbo-Croatian.

Feel free to speak/write in that language here. :)

Damir

Registered
Reaction score
Croatia

Is there anyone from Croatia?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the keeper of the big list of who's where, which I add to on request or if I happen to see a post like this. So far I don't have anyone listed in Croatia, but we have thousands of members who are not on my list, so with luck your post will draw them out.

Maryn, pleased to meet you, and putting you on the list

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Just saying hello. I'm from Prague but I did learn a little Croatian a while ago when I was going to visit Korčula, which is still one of my favourite places in the world.

So just saying bok, Hrvatska je lijepa zemlja!

Z

Filmfeline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Czech/Slovak? Ahoj!

Hi guys, I don't see a thread for Czech or Slovak so I'll just start this and see who jumps in ;)

Pozdrav Vsem Cechum a Slovakum, jestli nekdo potrebuje pomoc s prekladem do anglictiny, nebo mate nejake otazky, tak mi klidne napiste. Preju Vam Vsem Hezky Novy Rok

(omlouvam se ze hacky a carky me na mem pocitaci nejdou )

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Ahoj,
(although we've spoken already! ;) )
Started a thread ages ago but I think it got buried and died quietly in a corner. Šťastný Nový Rok! A vítej na AW! (I cheat sometimes and use the pop up keyboard on Google Translate, then just copy/paste the accents. I have a Czech keyboard installed but I can't fathom some of the less common letters, ť for one).

Filmfeline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Zelenko, chtela sem ti dat moji normalni mailku at mi pises tam, protoze uz sem asi neprijdu.
Je to hruza kdyz si na tebe tu nekdo sedne tak jsou jako maly deti, musis si normalka davat pozor pri vsem psani abys nahodou nekoho neurazila. Jestli si chces psat cesky napis mi a dam ti muj mailku
v lete budu urcite v Praze

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I've been there, but all I remember is (forgive my spelling) spasebo, dobar dan and stani ili pucam (I was not there as a tourist).

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
I'm from the states but have traveled through Slovenia, Bosnia and Croatia a few times, and Montenegro once. I speak Serbo-Croatian-Bosnian, but not Slovenian ... although Ljubljana is one of my favorite places on earth.

I came this || close to moving to Zagreb a few years ago. (But my boyfriend decided to move here instead.) My mom's of Slovene descent: Bogolin and Dolenc. I think some of them are from around Maribor and near the border by Graz.

Pozdrav, svima!

Last edited:

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a Bosnian brother-in-law, if that counts.

Dobar dan. Polako.

(I think I've just exhausted my knowledge of the language...)

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, hey, everyone.:hi:
My mum was born in a small village on the beautiful island of Korcula. Have been there loads of times to see family and it's just gorgeous and so full of history.:Sun:
Plus I have first cousins living in Maribor, Slovenjia.

So I'm Australian with Croatian blood swimming in my veins.:D

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm American, but I lived in Baja, Hungary for a while in the 90's (and Budapest on the weekends). So I had a bunch of friends who were Croats and Serbs and mixtures of the two :)

Jo napot Kivanok is the best I can do, though unless I look it up ;)

latourdumoine

Where nightmares continously breed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helsinkilives.wordpress.com
Hi! I'm American, but I lived in Baja, Hungary for a while in the 90's (and Budapest on the weekends). So I had a bunch of friends who were Croats and Serbs and mixtures of the two :)
;)
Same here, I lived in Budapest for five years (used to visit there before that) 1995-2000, took some classes for a while, met some people with Serb and / or Croat blood. Went to Croatia when I was a little kid as well. Beautiful place.

Slightly off topic maybe, but this has been bugging me for a while now, and with all you guys on board here, I had to ask, sois the female name Verdana or Vredana?

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Folks, I merged a couple of threads with this one, so don't worry if the posts seems a bit out of order. Just keeping it all nice and tidy. :)