Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Paying Markets
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Erika Galpin
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Erika Galpin is on a distinguished road
Special Submissions Call: Vampire Fiction

Lock your doors and windows; grab your crucifix and your garlic because vampires are coming to town!

Whether your vampires are at war with shifters, whether your human protagonists are running from a vampire outbreak, or your vampires are the good guys, we want to see them.

Noble Young Adult is seeking vampire short stories and novellas. Protagonists should be between 18-25.

Submission Deadline: ongoing

Word Count: 5-25k

Genre: YA, Vampire

Theme: Any. We want all themes including apocalyptic, humorous, romance, science fiction etc

Format: - e-pub and POD for novellas. Short stories may be compiled into a multi-author anthology for POD.

Address submissions to: submissions@nobleromance.com

Please put Vampire Anthology Submission in your subject heading.

Please follow our guidelines:

https://www.nobleyoungadult.com/Submissions

Payment: For readable digital formats: Publisher will pay Author a royalty, in U.S. dollars, as follows:

For a Single (1) Author title, 36% of Cover Price of all copies sold, minus discounts to third party vendors and credited returns.
For a Two (2) Author Anthology, 18% of Cover Price of all copies sold, minus
discounts to third party vendors and credited returns.
For a Three (3) Author Anthology, 12% of Cover Price of all copies sold, minus
discounts to third party vendors and credited returns

We look forward to sinking our teeth into your submissions!

Regards,
Erika Galpin
YA Submissions Editor
www.nobleyoungadult.com

Last edited by Erika Galpin; 08-07-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Adding pay rates
Erika Galpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Bartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How much are you paying, if I may ask?

I have a story you might want to look at. I'll send it your way momentarily.

-B

ETA:

Ah, nevermind. My protagonist is too old, and I have no romantic element.

Do you need cover art or illustrations? I sell that.

Last edited by Bartholomew; 08-07-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Erika Galpin

Hello, that's great! I look forward to reading it.

I actually edited my post to include payment details For more details about payment we can forward a sample contract. Please send your request to jill@nobleromance.com. Important: Please put SAMPLE CONTRACT in the body of your email.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Bartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Heh. I edited my post, too. Turns out it isn't quite right for your anthology. It's about a priest trying to use Catholic rites to turn the tides of a vampire apocalypse. He's not very young, and there's no romantic element.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Erika Galpin

Well, our stories don't require romance but the age group is Young Adult. Your story sounds interesting though
Old 08-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

I like to think it is.

I reread it, and realize I never specify the age of the priest. Hm. It's geared more toward the horror element than anything else, though, so affixing an age to him would be odd.

Bart, done babbling about his story.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hm... I have one that might fit the bill. I haven't reread it since it was last rejected, so it merits a review and spit-polish first.

Maryn, who doesn't ordinarily write vampire or YA or romance or...
Old 08-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #8
Laurathewriter
practical experience, FTW

Laurathewriter has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
I like to think it is.

I reread it, and realize I never specify the age of the priest. Hm. It's geared more toward the horror element than anything else, though, so affixing an age to him would be odd.

Bart, done babbling about his story.
Why not add a young sidekick? Some good looking former gang member the priest is mentoring?
Laurathewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #9
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurathewriter View Post
Why not add a young sidekick? Some good looking former gang member the priest is mentoring?
Thanks for the idea! I might write a story that goes in this direction. I'd rather have two stories than one, you know? And I like being able to call the other one complete.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #10
midazolam
practical experience, FTW

midazolam is on a distinguished road
I have a short story that fits the bill for this. I'll send it along.
midazolam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
Erika Galpin

Look forward to seeing it
Old 08-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #12
Velcro
Scribbling Scribe

Velcro is on a distinguished road
This sounds really cool. Think I'll dust off one of my vampire short stories and send it off.